eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: PPpay.com

Forum Newbie
    View wembley1971's Feedback (+11)
    All-About wembley1971
    View wembley1971's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default PPpay.com

Just signed up to use PPpay. Just had a look at the costs. For me to recieve money it will cost buyer 50p, but for me to withdraw in to a bank account will cost me 1%. If a buyer pays me £130 it will cost me £1.30 which is ok. Have I missed anything. just want to get it right.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think theres also a fee to receive the money if they pay by cc ???...3.3%...but I may have read that wrong.

Watch out for the munimum payments...the withdrawal fee to a bank account is 1% with a min of 75p...so its quite costly if you have a small amount to transfer.

I personally accept pppay only because its another alternative for the buyer. Otherwise I would take it off my listings and stick to Paypal or Google Checkout. I much prefer bank transfers as the fees are zero...I opened a savings account just for that purpose, and give the account details on all my invoices. It keeps my current account clear and I don't have to give details of my main bank ac.

Forum Newbie
    All-About wembley1971
    Forum Posts

I think I stick to Paypal. Otherwise it going to cost more money then its worth.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

The credit card companies make their money too.

When I paid someone through pppay with a credit card because I had nothing in my PPPay account, my credit card company charged me as though I had made a cash withdrawal - I was charged £3

View Xaos's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Xaos
    View Xaos's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fees are on their front page; all payment systems cost in some way; PPP can be cheaper for Sellers than PayPal - PPP was set up to compete with PayPal, and so they attempt to be cheaper.

https://www.pppay.com/

As you can see, a Buyer sending a Seller money via their PPP account is free.
    Xaos -pro: kay-os (Gk: Χάος) -n: the primal void; non-linear system sensitive to initial conditions.

Sigil Magick and Chaos Magick - See my eBid listings: http://ebid.xaos.org.uk

Join the Chaos Magick Bebo Group

My Listings

Forum Newbie
    All-About wembley1971
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaos View Post
    Fees are on their front page; all payment systems cost in some way; PPP can be cheaper for Sellers than PayPal - PPP was set up to compete with PayPal, and so they attempt to be cheaper.

Yes know their fees are on the front page, just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaos View Post

This only applies if they have funds in their PPPay account. It was the first time I had used PPPay to buy something and I didnt want to send the payment late - so I used my credit card instead of adding funds to my account.

I never did that again

View Xaos's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Xaos
    View Xaos's Listings
    Forum Posts

The fees are self-evident, PPP to PPP is free, of course if you don't have any funds to send then you should be aware of Card use charges.

I'm glad you know the costs are on the front page wembly, and I'm glad to help you understand that the Buyer may be able to send money to you at no cost, or for 49p; and it's good to be aware of the 3.£5 charge to sellers for accepting card payments (which is still less than PayPal I think). I've provided the facts above so that no reader of this thread can be confused. Don't rag on me when I've been helpful and clear.
    Last edited by Xaos; 8th June 2008 at 08:56 PM.
    Xaos -pro: kay-os (Gk: Χάος) -n: the primal void; non-linear system sensitive to initial conditions.

Sigil Magick and Chaos Magick - See my eBid listings: http://ebid.xaos.org.uk

Join the Chaos Magick Bebo Group

My Listings

Thread Information