Thread: How long does it take with google checkout

Forum Newbie
    View MarkyABC's Feedback (+3)
    All-About MarkyABC
    View MarkyABC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How long does it take with google checkout

Hi,

Thought it would be easier to ask than try and find out, can anyone tell me please if someone pays by Google Checkout, how quickly does it go into you account?

I haven't sold anything yet but am trying to add alternatives to paypal and google checkout looks pretty good, i have setup an account its not just not to easy to find things out about it, well i am finding that anyway.

Thanks

Marcus

View Xaos's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Xaos
    View Xaos's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it may be instantly in your 'Google Checkout Account' then of course there's the standard transfer time to you bank, which may be 3, 4 or 5 working days I imagine.
    Xaos -pro: kay-os (Gk: Χάος) -n: the primal void; non-linear system sensitive to initial conditions.

Sigil Magick and Chaos Magick - See my eBid listings: http://ebid.xaos.org.uk

Join the Chaos Magick Bebo Group

My Listings

View bloss000's Feedback (+225)
    All-About bloss000
    View bloss000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyABC View Post
    Hi,

Thought it would be easier to ask than try and find out, can anyone tell me please if someone pays by Google Checkout, how quickly does it go into you account?

I haven't sold anything yet but am trying to add alternatives to paypal and google checkout looks pretty good, i have setup an account its not just not to easy to find things out about it, well i am finding that anyway.

Thanks

Marcus
    Hi
    I have only just started using Google so I don't know it very well, but when you set it up somewhere it asks about transfering monies - weekly, monthly etc. You can choose; mine is weekly so it is pretty instant.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyABC View Post
    Hi,

Thanks

Marcus
    I will clarify a few things to cover the bases as it was.

If someone pays you by google, firstly you need to charge the card that the buyer has paid with. This is done in 1 click. (not applicable if you have your settings set to auto-charge.)

Then depending on what you have choose as you frequency of payments, it is either daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, I think the default is daily.

Then when the day has arrived for the money to be transfered, it takes 2 days on average to reach your bank account. But google will only pay you for the orders that you have marked as shipped.

Sometimes, google works with a 8 hour delay, so you might log in to your google account and see that there is no balance nor any transfer that has taken place. If this does occur, don't panic, it's just the google system, if you log back in later that day you will see the transfer data.

I hope I have covered all the bases, but rest assure, google don't hang onto your money in the same way paypal does.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarkyABC
    View MarkyABC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Thanks very much for your replies, i have added this in the hope more people will buy as Paypal charges to much now.

Marcus

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarkyABC
    View MarkyABC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Just wanted to add something to this, does this checkout work similiar to paaypal. For example when using paypal, if i sell something and then buy it from my supplier i don't actually have to use my bank account to buy the item as it is all done through paypal.

Can you do the same with google checkout, my supplier uses google checkout so i am presuming it works in a similiar way.

Thanks

Marcus

PS Obviously the nicest thing is its cheaper.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Payment will be taken from the card you have on file with them. If you have more than one card on file you will have one as the default but can change it to make payment with a different one if you prefer.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarkyABC
    View MarkyABC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, do i have to have a debit card to run it though because the system did except my none debit card for recieving payments but i haven't bought anything for a while with google checkout.

Thanks

Marcus

Thread Information