Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by astro941 View Post
    You must check this out before it is removed from dirty bay.

Item No. 280230016844

Regards

Les smith
    That's brilliant Les gave me a good laugh! Thanks for telling us.

It's not the sellers there we need to worry about so much. It's getting the buyers from there to here.
    I'm in 2 minds about this, it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Buyers will certainly arrive when they 1. Know we exist, 2. there are enough sellers offering the goods that they want at the right price.

Of course once you have the buyers, you will have more sellers. I think though the first thing that is required are sellers and for everyone to know where we are.

I am all for self help (letting our eBay buyers know we are also listing here) and I appreciate that national and International advertising is expensive, but I think that will have to happen at some point........

Not a lot of point in doing that though if there aren't the right number of sellers offering the stuff first - The buyers brought in by the expensive ads, will try to buy once, fail and probably never come back.

... My brain hurts, this is a tricky problem, maybe there needs to be more "organic" growth and then an ad campaign.
    Last edited by evingartrading; 25th May 2008 at 07:30 PM.
    Visit my eBid shop :-
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/evingartrading-store-1

Electronic components.
    Clock subsystems.
    The Biodiesel Manual - A guide to the home manufacture of Biodiesel.
    Power Supply Units (PSU's)
    Various electro mechanical assemblies.

Quote Originally Posted by evingartrading View Post
    I'm in 2 minds about this, it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Buyers will certainly arrive when they 1. Know we exist, 2. there are enough sellers offering the goods that they want at the right price.

Of course once you have the buyers, you will have more sellers. I think though the first thing that is required are sellers and for everyone to know where we are.

I am all for self help (letting our eBay buyers know we are also listing here) and I appreciate that national and International advertising is expensive, but I think that will have to happen at some point........

Not a lot of point in doing that though if there aren't the right number of sellers offering the stuff first - The buyers brought in by the expensive ads, will try to buy once, fail and probably never come back.

... My brain hurts, this is a tricky problem, maybe there needs to be more "organic" growth and then an ad campaign.
    While I do agree with you that it's a tricky dilemma, I do think that if feeBay buyers come here (and many feeBay sellers have been complaining of a severe lack of footfall and sales since the new search engine regime came in to force), then feeBay sellers will be forced to move from the site if they want to sell product.

I think more advertising in the media is needed if eBid is to become what it can be, and take over from eBay as the internet's leading auction site. What would worry me though is that if eBid became too large, it would be subject to an offer the owners couldn't refuse.
    Last edited by Tattyteddyscave; 25th May 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astro941 View Post
    You must check this out before it is removed from dirty bay.

Item No. 280230016844

Regards

Les smith
    Current bidding stands at just under $100 million

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

is e id still going in uk?

I am sure I read somewhere it was stopping its uk arm, I also think I read somewhere e bay has or are buying it out.

Maybe ebay is laughing its socks off at all the threats of sellers going elsewhere, as they own most other sites.

I found the above posted on the greedbay forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinaKarenJollyGollyJambo View Post

I am sure I read somewhere it was stopping its uk arm, I also think I read somewhere e bay has or are buying it out.

Maybe ebay is laughing its socks off at all the threats of sellers going elsewhere, as they own most other sites.

Hi
    I haven't heard anything about that anywhere. I hope not or i have just paid out for seller + for nothing.
    It was probably just someone stirring things up.
    At least i hope so.

Jane

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Propaganda is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of large numbers of people. another dirty eBay trick
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Do you think my listing would get pulled on the darkside if I listed an Ebid promotional item, say a mug or cotton bag (which I am currently bidding on from ToyCrazyUK...fingers crossed I win)? I could zoom in and take a really good picture of the text with ebid clearly advertised. It doesn't come under a prohibited item as a mug is a mug at the end of the day. I don't even need to list Ebid in the description. What do you think?
    Ebid Charity Challenge £250 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Come and look at my stores for bargain auctions:

Ebid Charity Challenge = £21.12/£250

Miss Angie - could be a good idea - I'm not sure if they have rules about selling promotional items - I think only VERO items would be banned.
    They sell advertising items in 'collectables', and 'branded' bags in handbags and accessories - you could try it - it can only be removed, after all!

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrinaKarenJollyGollyJambo View Post

where ever that came frm is utter bs ebid is 100% uk based and we asked the owners 5 years ago if they would sell out and the answer was a big NO as these guys have worked hard getting this site to where it is today it`s now nine years old and growing bigger daily , the more items people list the more chance the buyers will find us , when i joined most of my items sold to only forum users now i am getting new buyers mostly 0 rated this means people are finding us , it`s a case of keep listing as many varying items as you can , keep telling people about ebid and we will keep growing if you only tell one person a day if they come to browse thats one potential customer they may tell someone else etc. etc.

Thread Information