Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 62 of 136 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Will the last person leaving Greedbay please turn off the lights
    that's got me chuckling..........

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Will the last person leaving Greedbay please turn off the lights

Leave eBay
    Join eBid
    Last edited by stampsulove; 27th November 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Default Im a newbie too

hi everyone...i started listing on ebid yesterday,iv taken of my listings on ebay,and made a fresh start with ebid...im totally appalled at what ebays doing at the moment...and thought enoughs enough!!!.Iknow im taking a chance,as i had been selling on there since 2002,and have been sucsessful,but im fed up of having to accept ebays rules...No longer was i able to leave neg or nuetral feedback for buyers whom have wasted my time by not paying despite my repeated emails....no longer could i leave neutral or neg for buyers whom claimed they hadnt recieved an item, even though it was posted recorded delivery,and when i looked on track and trace..royal mail, it had been delivered and signed for!!!...YET buyers can leave negs and nuetrals for the most ridiculous and bizzare reasons...or maybe just because they feel like it...Anyway enough of that!!
    What i have done is started emailing all of my previous buyers,regular buyers,and people whom had my ebay shop on their favourites list,to inform them of my move to here and the reason why..so hopefully they will join us on ebid...Reading the forums ect on ebay..there are around 18 plus new discussion groups that have recently been set up regarding ebays new changes,especially the feedback ones...there are roughly over 100 members in each group, some groups have membership up to 170 odd now...most sellers in these groups are planning strike action,withdrawing their auctions and closing their shops and coming here...so as ebay is shrinking...ebid is growing....
    wish me luck fellow ebiddders...please...
    love and light julie.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancientwisdom View Post
    hi everyone...i started listing on ebid yesterday,iv taken of my listings on ebay,and made a fresh start with ebid...im totally appalled at what ebays doing at the moment...and thought enoughs enough!!!.Iknow im taking a chance,as i had been selling on there since 2002,and have been sucsessful,but im fed up of having to accept ebays rules...No longer was i able to leave neg or nuetral feedback for buyers whom have wasted my time by not paying despite my repeated emails....no longer could i leave neutral or neg for buyers whom claimed they hadnt recieved an item, even though it was posted recorded delivery,and when i looked on track and trace..royal mail, it had been delivered and signed for!!!...YET buyers can leave negs and nuetrals for the most ridiculous and bizzare reasons...or maybe just because they feel like it...Anyway enough of that!!
    What i have done is started emailing all of my previous buyers,regular buyers,and people whom had my ebay shop on their favourites list,to inform them of my move to here and the reason why..so hopefully they will join us on ebid...Reading the forums ect on ebay..there are around 18 plus new discussion groups that have recently been set up regarding ebays new changes,especially the feedback ones...there are roughly over 100 members in each group, some groups have membership up to 170 odd now...most sellers in these groups are planning strike action,withdrawing their auctions and closing their shops and coming here...so as ebay is shrinking...ebid is growing....
    love and light julie.
    hi julie
    get yourself aquainted with the tips for selling on here and good luck in your selling

this place is really good i make sales on a regular basis now so do many others it`s a case of do a little research and you can make ebid work

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome ancientwisdom to eBid glade you have seen the light... by the way are you ancientwisdom like in the wholesalers.. if you are like wow..im impressed "shine on Julie wish you all the best on eBid"

Dave

"If at first you don't succeed... so much for skydiving"

DONT CLICK THE BANNER BELOW YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE
    Last edited by RockyWolf; 22nd May 2008 at 03:03 PM.

love and light julie.

Welcome Julie and all the best with your sales. You will find fellow ebidders here so friendly and helpful. The forums are great for any advice you need too
    Ebid Charity Challenge £250 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Come and look at my stores for bargain auctions:

Ebid Charity Challenge = £21.12/£250

thankyou for your kind words and encouragement...Dave..no im not ancient wisdom...the buissiness..i do know of it though...ancient wisdom was a name thought up when i first registered here over a year ago..just to buy then...Ancient Wisdom though i suppose is a good name for me as,im pagan and follow the old ways...so ancient wisdom it is...It seems strange having this id,as for the last few years,on ebay,my id has been cerridwens_dragonflywings...and i have to keep stopping myself from typing in that name to log in on here....since i posted earlier,iv had some lovely emails from my past customers on ebay,and they too are going to be joining ebid...i feel quiete excited about this fresh start....
    love and light to you all.julie.x

love and light julie.
    Julie,

I know what you mean about feepay, but you are here now, and here is GREAT!!
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

thankyou for your kind words and encouragement...Dave..no im not ancient wisdom...the buissiness..i do know of it though...ancient wisdom was a name thought up when i first registered here over a year ago..just to buy then...Ancient Wisdom though i suppose is a good name for me as,im pagan and follow the old ways...so ancient wisdom it is...It ....
    love and light to you all.julie.x
    Cool hello Sister welcome as you must have sussed me out already.. Have a good bank holiday week-end all

Dave

How many Druid's does it take to change a light bulb?
    (+) 501. One to change the bulb and 500 to align the new stone.
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Hi everyone.... I've just been reading through all these posts about people's disillusionment with eBay. And here was me thinking I was the only one! I don't have time to read the eBay forums much and the only time I did go it seemed like everyone there was an expert and there was no room for people like me. I've been using eBay to buy stuff for a while but only started buying stock to sell in March. I was amazed how much money is taken off me when I sell something... first the FV then the PayPal fee. Leaves me with not much at all when I have to compete against seasoned sellers. We sell gothic/pagan/wiccan items along with a few others things and although we get regular sales on eBay we're not exactly making a fortune. I sold an Alchemy Gothic item and made 6p!! Mind you that was partly due to my supplier charging too much, but now I deal with Alchemy direct. I've found it really easy to list things on here although a few times the site decided to be Not Found! It's great being able to start on a one month seller sub ... costs the same as my eBay store but I can fill it up without worrying about the extra cost. I'll be following others' advice and mailing my ebay customers to come here....the worst that can happen is they kick me out! I daren't even put my website address in anything to do with ebay in case they see it as trying to sell outside their site. The hardest bit for me is gaining the trust of people buying on here, as I have to start over again with no feedback, but I gave my ebay profile in my personal details so there's nothing stopping anyone checking up on my feedback there. Now I just have to get to grips with this place..........

Thread Information