Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: lower fuel duty petition

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow lower fuel duty petition

hi all, thought most of you in UK would be interested in this petition.

The petition was created by Richard Mason and reads:

'We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Reduce Fuel
    duty to bring fuel prices back to an acceptable level.'

The petition needs as many signatures as possible before it gets handed to 10 Downing street. Pass on to anyone you can think of.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would much rather the government INCREASED fuel duty for private users and used the extra revenue to improve and subsidise public transport.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post

I would much rather the government INCREASED fuel duty for private users and used the extra revenue to improve and subsidise public transport.

that might be ok for you....but what about the people who DO NOT have public transport....sorry but some folk seem to think about number 1 only ...
    I'm allright Jack....???? you might ruffle a few feather here...or I might...
    as for the OP , the best way to possibly get the tax down is for all motorists to stop using their cars as much...if possible , stop for a week or two....
    the lorry drivers did and helped....but now it needs us all do do it....I do not think a signature on the internet will make any difference....Papa.

All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

well, i would agree that if the government put the money that they reaped from the fuel duty back into the transport network, either for public transport or road upgrading, then most would not complain about the price too much. however the duty goes into the government coffers and does not all get put back into the transport network.....

having just come back from the USA, where the price of fuel is $3.79 a GALLON, not the £1.25 a LITRE like here. do you not think that the difference is just a tad out of order?

I do, as I require a vehicle to get to my work, (driving public transport), so if the drivers who use the vehicles to ensure there are drivers for the public transport network cant afford to get to work, how will the public transport network work......

Thanks Kait, I have signed the petition and emailled to friends to do the same.
    Ebid Charity Challenge £250 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Come and look at my stores for bargain auctions:

Ebid Charity Challenge = £21.12/£250

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I think they take far too much already. The trouble is that the public transport in this country is so poor and expensive that we don't have a choice but to pay for it.

On the continent, it tends to be cheaper as a single person to travel on public transport AND more importantly, generally public transport is available for the journey you want to/need to make - unless the same happens here I am afraid we keep using our cars as single users and the government keeps reaping the rewards.

Before I left Holland (a long time ago now), just taking petrol costs into account, (not depreciation, car tax, car insurance) for my journey to work we had to share a car with 3 people in order to make it cheaper than going by train!

All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

car sharing is a great idea but you need to work with or at least have the same start/finnish times as those who you are sharing with for it to work properly.

if you are in a rural area then this can be even more difficult to organise.

There is a demonstration planned for Tuesday at Marble Arch.
    www.transaction-2007.com/
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

It would be great if public transport was improved. They keep saying people should use it more but it is impossible for so many not just because of the cost of it but the lack of regular buses/trains.
    We only have 5 buses a day here which is a joke when it comes to getting to and from work. My daughter has to catch the 9.25am bus even through she does not start work until 1pm, she finnishes at 5pm but does not get in until 7.30pm. She can't work bank holidays unless her dad takes her in by car as the buses don't run.
    This is not even the worse that we have known.
    When we lived in Lincolnshire we had only one bus a week. I used to have to walk a mile to catch it, although sometimes they would drop me off at the front door on the way home, if nobody else was still on.

Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Thread Information