eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost My Business Within 5 Min! Fix Auction Widths!

I have to admit having a larger template area would be lovely but it's certainly not a reason to dismiss eBid especially considering the amount of pro's you get with this site. As pointed out by a number of forum members you wouldn't receive the immediate and personal service from the site owners from feebay, the willingness to listen to all suggestions, and the care and concern for the site users, etc....that you get from here. Let's face it, eBid's growing, and growing at an fantastic rate. As with all things in life that grow - there are growing pains BUT day by day, it's getting better.

I personally am willing to wait for the promised improvements because I have never seen them promise to make an improvement without initiating it. It may take time, but it will come.

I find it amazing with the growth of this site, the number of new auctions coupled with the changes they do initiate to make this site better that they make the time to read the forums regularly and to respond personally to comments. Where else are you going to get that?

Give eBid a chance - you won't regret it. All in all - you'll find we're a pretty good group here.

Patricia

I'd rather live my life caring, loving, & trusting others and be thought of as a fool than to die never have cared, loved nor trusted another and then be known as a fool. ~ author, myself.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Gem-Harbour
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tech-Harbour
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Discount-Harbour
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Organic-Earth-Solutions
    http://www.wallacestreasures.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSystems View Post
    The pixies are ok for now, but it would be nice to have a few more pixies. You have to consider that (as mentioned above) not everyone will thank you for having pixie widths too wide. If you go over 700 pixies then you are in danger of a significant proportion of your potential customers having to scroll sideways - a little annoying for them.
    I don't know what proportion you consider 'significant', but even 700 pixels would be a very worthwhile step up from the current (614?).

Here's some fairly balanced info on the topic: http://mentalized.net/journal/2006/1...ctual_numbers/

Now keep in mind that that article is 18 months old (it was just one I picked up with a very quick search). Flat screen monitors have been plummeting in price, the figures will undoubtedly reflect wider screen sizes today.

However, screen widths are only part of this. Gazza and Mark have chosen to display auctions within a 3-column fixed (not floating) layout. This is BY NO MEANS the only way of designing a page (take a look at some other popular auction sites to see what I mean). The full width COULD be given to listings, but of course it means a page redesign, not just a rejig of that width number.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GilfidianRudge View Post
    There's a problem with the pixie width?

Just goes to show there's a whole heap of problems that I wander along in life completely oblivious to.

LOL...you and me both.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a happy camper with the pixel width, although I could always use a little more!

I had to tweak my templates considerably to get them to work properly, but all is well and I'm used to it...hope he/she reconsiders and gives eBid it's deserved retry!

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I'm a happy camper with the pixel width, although I could always use a little more!

I had to tweak my templates considerably to get them to work properly, but all is well and I'm used to it...hope he/she reconsiders and gives eBid it's deserved retry!
    I wouldn't be so quick to encourage him to come back, just checked the ID out on the other side and he's naru'd.

Has a feedback rating of 99% but out of 646 feedback received in the last 6 months 10% is either neutral, neg or withdrawn

Yes he is/was a powerseller but (I could be reading the feedbackwrong mind) seems he was selling cd's full of either freeware or ripped off copies.
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

You are not wrong, I read the feedback the same as you
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

To be honest, if this is the same GlobalCirculations that has been NARU'ed on t'other site, I don't think we'd want him here anyway. That's some VERY poor feedback they've got there and a huge amount of it is in Negs, Neuts and Withdrawns compared to the number of Pos'es. Besides, much of it was for goods which would not be allowed here, so I really don't think we're losing out now the seller has spat his dummy and walked off in a huff.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello all , tell me if I am wrong....It looks like the OP has gone ???
    no replies , to any of the replies here....???
    oh Dear , and it was such a nice day...but it rings bells with me...that some power sellers over there...could do as they liked , and perhaps this one thought he could do it here....
    WE DO NOT NEED THAT TYPE OF SELLER or BUYER on eBid.......
    ......Papa.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

He'll probably be back rating in 30 days when the next 30 day subscription gets deducted. when he does, at least we can say we warned him

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well if you think pixies or pixels whichever gives you a problem try this one got totally fed up with AOHell even by my standards of switch it off try again tomorrow attitude to computors.
    So went to BT that took about 4 attempts to get an order placed to move over to them ,but the big day arrived and switch to BT installed professionally installer went out door lost connection touched the router wires connectors loose,oh well just one of them things these days,tried to get rid of AOhell no way its leaves great chunks behind ,which means going into the registry way beyond me or was.
    So got a professional computor man long story short brings it back its now about 4 years younger,plugs in pays him as it looked okthen the fun started 94 updates from microsoft .back to ie 6,no e mail my road angel didn t work it goes on he did come back and fix some bits after second phone call.I have only just got back on E BID
    Bearsden06
    the moral have a go if its already knacked you cannot make it any worse.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Thread Information