eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help for Ebid Newbie!

Smile Help for Ebid Newbie!

Hi ebidders!

I've just created a buyers account but am very interested in selling on here too, I have and are currently using ebay to buy and sell but are put off by their sellers fees, so what i would like to know is just how this site works, is it easy to list items, receive payments etc and what are the sellers fees like???

Also do you have to have paypal as a payment method like on ebay or can you just accept cheques and postal orders?

Any help would be great, many thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlmarks1980 View Post
    Hi ebidders!

I've just created a buyers account but am very interested in selling on here too, I have and are currently using ebay to buy and sell but are put off by their sellers fees, so what i would like to know is just how this site works, is it easy to list items, receive payments etc and what are the sellers fees like???

Also do you have to have paypal as a payment method like on ebay or can you just accept cheques and postal orders?

Any help would be great, many thanks in advance!!
    Hi and welcome to eBid. I have been here nearly 2 months not as busy as the darkside but sales are starting to pick up.

Listing is easy once you get started,
    Payments are no problem you can use pppay,paypal,Google checkout,Nochex, cheques and Postal orders and bank transfers.

Best to go for seller lifetime+ at 49.99 and there are no fees apart from any extras you use.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Quote Originally Posted by stamperuk View Post
    Payments are no problem you can use pppay,paypal,Google checkout,Nochex, cheques and Postal orders and bank transfers.
    plus you can take cash (at senders risk) and on some of my very cheap auctions I will accept payment by stamps as well..... in short you can get paid any way you want.

as to the other points if you can find your way around the dark side you should manage this site as well.... some things are different but (I dont find it so) not that different

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your ebid account can be a buyers AND a sellers account. If you haven't done so already you can upgrade to seller or seller+ level and start listing .

One tip. If you were thinking of setting up a second account. STOP!

Ebid only allows one account per user ( there are some exceptions but you'd need to put a very good case to ebid support first) and their anti fraud software may automatically suspend both accounts if they see it's the same user. In my view this is a good thing as it cuts down on possible schill bidding plus doesn't artificially inflate membership numbers.

Ebid is a great place to buy and sell try it and I'm sure you'll like it.

crazymama says.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

hi
    just starting myself no sales yet but only listed a few things ..
    hopefully i can sell something but ive lost nothing if i dont!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chesterkcc1 View Post
    hi
    just starting myself no sales yet but only listed a few things ..
    hopefully i can sell something but ive lost nothing if i dont!
    Hello chesterkcc & a huge welcome

Lovely baby things btw

Pop a link to your auctions, into your forum signature....cos were all basically nosey lol

Best Wishes
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

I just bought 100.00 worth of flower seeds from a person here on ebid!! I didnt even look on the darkside first!! Sales are starting to pick up, and I agree go for the seller+ lifetime!! I have another 100.00 to spend and you might have what I am looking for!

Welcome to ebid!

Thread Information