Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How the HELL do I get more views???!!!

Unhappy How the HELL do I get more views???!!!

Hi,

Reasonably new to this site after "defecting." I have had a few buyers of my stuff but mainly from returning buyers who were happy with the goods I sold them first.

It is a bit frustrating that I hardly get 10 views on things that I think I am selling really quite cheaply, mostly PS2 games that the boys have grown out of. If I was to return to "the dark side" I would get ten times the views and will no doubt have sold them by now. I can hear you all saying "well go back there then" but I, like most of you, are fed up of being fleeced by this bullying website and don't want to return.

I have placed my link on my signature and plugged myself on Plug Your Auction. Is it just because there aren't that many customers compared to the other site or am I doing something REALLY wrong.

Please help!!!!!
    Please see the following

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

Some great deals here

Have you emailed all your previous buyers, and sellers and told them where you are? Publicise the place, other sellers may also be looking for a new home, lets get the shelves stacked so this is the place for people to find things.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Have you emailed all your previous buyers, and sellers and told them where you are? Publicise the place, other sellers may also be looking for a new home, lets get the shelves stacked so this is the place for people to find things (and buy things).
    As above, with self-promotion top of your list and the inclusion of the words "and buy things" as indicated.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a peek Ladleboy and everything looks pretty good. Mind you, I wouldn't know a PS2 if it bit a chunk out of my backside.

Your feedback is good and you've gained it in a short time (applause!) Sorry, can't comment on your prices due to the aforesaid backside situation.

Yep, if you haven't already done so, do as the others suggest and contact former customers.
    I'm getting loads of hits but no sales .. ahh ... but I haven't contacted many of my old customers yet either.

I still think that many of the new buyers on here are treading carefully, they are wary of a new (to them) site. Maybe we could actually encourage some of them to post and give us some further info?

Also, from what I read on the boards, many people on the other side aren't doing very well either.
    I'm not really sure what's going on. Credit crunch, confidence crisis ... but things are certainly changing.

The good news is that you are selling (more than me) and it isn't costing you anything to test the water.

Somebody, an American I think, posted a great thread earlier today about boosting sales but I can't remember where it was. If I find it I'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladleboy View Post
    Hi,

Reasonably new to this site after "defecting." I have had a few buyers of my stuff but mainly from returning buyers who were happy with the goods I sold them first.

It is a bit frustrating that I hardly get 10 views on things that I think I am selling really quite cheaply, mostly PS2 games that the boys have grown out of. If I was to return to "the dark side" I would get ten times the views and will no doubt have sold them by now. I can hear you all saying "well go back there then" but I, like most of you, are fed up of being fleeced by this bullying website and don't want to return.

I have placed my link on my signature and plugged myself on Plug Your Auction. Is it just because there aren't that many customers compared to the other site or am I doing something REALLY wrong.

Please help!!!!!
    Hello

you need to be making people aware of ebid.net OUTSIDE of the ebid.net forums.

What other websites do you spend time on?

Do you take part in any forums or discussion groups?

You need to be actively mentioning ebid.net in any forums etc, or any website that allows you to give input.

Please let us know where else you post, then if we all join each others forum groups or whatever, we can let others know about ebid.net with a litle weight behind any talk.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information