Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Viral Email Marketing--Help me tweak it please!

Default Viral Email Marketing--Help me tweak it please!

Hi everyone,
    I had an idea for viral email marketing. this is what I've come up with thus far and I need help tweaking it all to be as inviting and FACTUAL as possible! I'm new here and I just don't know the ins and outs as of yet...but I'm learning. I am trying have more of a pro active attitude in all this, LOL

Hello everyone,
    I don't know if you all have heard about the recent uprising at eBay, but for one I'm fed up. They have gotten way too greedy. What does this mean for everyone? Higher prices to combat higher fees--well no more I found a better site, it just needs more coverage!
    Get the items you want, they way you want. I already know that a lot of
    sellers are making the switch now, so if you search for items and they aren't
    there yet, be patient as it takes some time to move stores. I also know
    that there is going to be a boycott on May 1st 2008 and some of the sellers are
    waiting until then to make the switch. We need to ban together and get the word
    out that we have had enough!
    Please forward this message to everyone you
    know! The more people know the better, clean out those craft rooms, basements,
    attics, and garages, start a business- keep more of your profits, feel better doing it, help out
    the economy! Click the button below to check out what they have to offer!

(and here is where I put my affiliate button for people to click)

Wacha think?

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd be careful of generalising and of spamming - don't forget that there are still plenty of Internet users out there who haven't even heard of online auctions, far less sell on them (crazy as it may sound to those of us who have). You also run the risk of having your email address blocked by users who automatically 'report as spam' or delete anything that gets forwarded to their mail boxes. Personally, I delete any email that arrives forwarded, especially if it includes a long list of other users' email addresses, but my spam settings are such that anything Fwd: Fwd (as in chain letters) get automatically sent to spam. However, if you are just contacting everyone you know who is personally involved with online auctions, then I shouldn't see any problems. Good luck with your promotion and I wish you every success on eBid.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

I hear ya, I'm not sending it to just joe schmo, not even to my customers, just personal friends and family - this way I can't be called a spammer,LOL. For my customers I'm sending post cards. This way I KNOW they get it, they can put it on their fridge, or the trash but at least I know it didn't get caught up in some spam filter. I'm working on a new business budget so I can figure out how many to send out a month.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up I like the sound of that

Quote Originally Posted by MC2DesignStudio View Post
    I'm working on a new business budget so I can figure out how many to send out a month.
    In my experience, the above is the best method of increasing your sales. Self promotion by a few hundred thousand people would be amazing here, especially as all of the traffic ends up in the one virtual space, albeit via different entry points. Well done!
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    In my experience, the above is the best method of increasing your sales. Self promotion by a few hundred thousand people would be amazing here, especially as all of the traffic ends up in the one virtual space, albeit via different entry points. Well done!
    Thank you!
    I totally agree, I am just so dang hopeful and excited to be here. The only problem I see is variety(at least the stuff I'm looking for) in the US alot of what I need would cost an arm at least to ship cross seas, but I think that's just due to eBid being a heck of a well kept secrete -I know I spelt that wrong-LOL oh well dictionary is too heavy today--

I hope that at least through my efforts I can help EVERYONE out and of course me too LOL even if it's just 100 people, because those people all know people! I'm going to concentrate on selling and buying here and on my own domain (mainly because I just coded and designed a really nice website that I converted into a store front) but alas I decided to change my layout a bit - I tell ya I keep changing my mind on my header,LOL

I'm off to convert some templates to work here so when my store membership clears - I'm out of the gates running!

Quote Originally Posted by firstballs View Post
    .... a big banner saying no more listing fees and ebid
    You want to get rid of both listing fees AND eBid?

I definitely agree that we have to help as much as we can and re; the comment about sorting a budget for sending out some ads - I think someone mentioned vistaprint before on another thread but if loads of eBidders used their VP freebies to send out with their orders etc that would add up to alot of marketing....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadsbylili View Post
    I definitely agree that we have to help as much as we can and re; the comment about sorting a budget for sending out some ads - I think someone mentioned vistaprint before on another thread but if loads of eBidders used their VP freebies to send out with their orders etc that would add up to alot of marketing....
    Yes, Vista Print rocks! The reason for budgeting is well, I'm a bit OCD and I like EVERYTHING to match, LOL and the freebies don't always cover the custom upload. Alas, that's just the price one pays for branding I suppose,LOL

Thread Information