Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

View havugot1's Feedback (+1790)
    All-About havugot1
    View havugot1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    It will take a bit of time to get used to;

The spreadsheet contains details/instructions on the first page.

The second page is where you enter the info ( almost similar to turbolister), it also gives an example and red corner tabs with further instruction when you hover over.

The third page contains the catagori numbers eg if you are selling Antiques : Architectural Antiques : Tiles cat no 4675 you would enter 4675 into second page column B Category id.

etc etc.

Andi

Quote Originally Posted by Xelacrafts View Post
    I only know how to use Turbo Lister plus I have over 500 listings to put up and wondered if it was possible to use Turbo on eBid?????
    I just copy and paste the html code from Turbo Lister into the body of the ebid listing, it only takes a minute and is easier than starting from scratch. Once you have a few ebid listings you can use "list similar" and it keeps all your payment methods etc.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are not on your own I gave up with that spreadsheet thing,they really must get something like turbo lister going soon, so they can take up the dissenters from E Bay of which there seems to be more and more dissatisfied buyers and sellers over there.

Bearsden
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Default More uproar on eBay.

It would appear that there is more trouble at £Bay. It would appear that they are now going to penalise sellers who they believe are charging excess postage. Ok some people do charge to much but other people have to cover their costs of packing, travel, Paypal and £Bay's excessive charges.

It seems that £Bay want to give the buyer a better deal at the expense of the seller. Several sellers on the forum on this subject are looking to move to another site if they can find one. I have pointed some in this direction.

This is another opportunity for eBid to pick up sellers and buyers.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ugrow View Post
    ..It seems that £Bay want to give the buyer a better deal at the expense of the seller. Several sellers on the forum on this subject are looking to move to another site if they can find one. I have pointed some in this direction.
    Good thing to do if you can, but I think in the past they've pulled threads that mention eBid (I suspect they may even have automated searches running). So you might need to be a little creative in how you point!

Pleasing to see that if you put UK auction site into Google, eBid appears at no. 4, and eBay is at no. 5! Good news, pop pickers!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I welcome all the new E/bidders be very lucky.

One thing you might find strange is that the managment actually listen to sellers on this site.

Once you have listed your items the normal way on-site, use the EXPORT LISTINGS function in eBid to export your listings to Excel or Open Office. You can then relist in bulk or edit in bulk.

Default Why No National Advertising????

Hi,

Cut a long story short...... I got suspended on ebay for infringing copyright by listing items by the clothing manufacturer Henri Lloyd. How that was copyright infringement I really don't know but while my account is NARU, I did a google search and ebid showed up so I had a look. The set up seems fine and everyone is very friendly. Well, I decided to bring all my listings over and I was quite optimistic about things. However, 3rd full day in and no sale, the most views any single item has had is 5.

As I've already mentioned in another thread, friendliness doesn't put bread on the table. Ebay treat sellers with awful disdain, yet the fact remains that if you want to sell items online, that's the place to do it. I started with little feedback on there, yet very soon I had customers buying regularly and it was a fruitful venture. I agree their fees are high, yet the economic reality is that you're better off paying high fees and getting sales, rather than no fees and no sales!!!

While I would love for ebid to become really successful, from looking at the feedback rating of long time sellers here, it seems that not much is happening. This thread started a year and a half ago with much strength and gusto but it really seems that absolutely minimal progress has been made with regards to site traffic. Which begs the question... Why no national advertising??? How expensive can it be to run regular ads on popular radio shows such as Talksport or if the budget can be stretched, have an advertising board every now and again at a Premiership football game. Something like 'Everything is cheaper on Ebid.net.

Unless there is national coverage and i suspect radio to be the best value for money advertising outlay, then not much is going to change. Personal messages to individual ebay buyers is just not going to cut the mustard I'm afraid. Seriously ebid, you need to advertise to the whole nation one way or another and keep doing it all the time. The outlay in ad costs will be reaped back ten fold or more by way of increased site traffic. You either have a vicious circle or a benificial circle... Goes a bit like this:

Vicious Circle = No national advertising = Site traffic remains low = Financial revenue stays low = Advertising budget remains low = No national advertising.

Beneficial circle = National advertising = Increased site traffic = Increased financial revenue = Increased advertising budget = More national advertising = Rinse and repeat until Ebid is a realistic alternative to Ebay for buyers and sellers alike.

You've got to speculate to accumulate and that is a simple fact that seems to be getting overlooked I reckon! If you think I'm wrong then just ask a friend (who you've never mentioned Ebid to) if they've heard of Ebay and then ask them if they've heard of Ebid. The answer to both questions should drive my point home I feel!!!
    Last edited by Franky1932; 7th December 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should join us more often in the promotions thread! Speculate to accumulate is what will probably happen, just as soon as this site is equipped to handle the influx. Look at it this way, the foundations have taken years to lay, anything built on them will be rising from a phenomenally strong base and Internet trading is still relatively new to millions and millions of people.

Taglines like, 'Everything is cheaper on Ebid.net' would do more harm than good, as it would be a lie, but if you take the time (could take months) to read the forums, then you'll see there's a thread for suggesting various slogans somewhere.

I did look at your items but couldn't see anything I needed and didn't spot anything that gave me that, 'must have it, don't care if I don't need it, I just want it and I must have it now' feeling, sorry.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Mykmedia, I'll have to take you up on a couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Taglines like, 'Everything is cheaper on Ebid.net' would do more harm than good, as it would be a lie
    Ok maybe not everything is cheaper but perhaps something like 'Things are cheaper on Ebid' which is certainly true for the most part. I doubt if there's a single seller who lists items cheaper on ebay than they do here.

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I did look at your items but couldn't see anything I needed and didn't spot anything that gave me that, 'must have it, don't care if I don't need it, I just want it and I must have it now' feeling, sorry.
    Come on, everyone knows that one persons fancy means absolutely nothing to the next person. It's all about site traffic, from which sales are born. I was selling the exact same items on ebay and because of the traffic I got there, my items sold. It's a bit like having a newsagents in the countryside with the nearest house being 5 miles away and having a newsagents in the town centre. What's in your shop is not what's going to get you sales, rather it's how many people that come into your shop!

Thread Information