My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cheques/Postal Orders

Question Cheques/Postal Orders

Hi, I'm to eBid and I want to offer buyers payment by cheque but I DO NOT want to offer payment by postal order.

I know of too many people having problems with buyers who insist they have sent a postal order and demand delivery of the item when the seller has never received anything. Is it likely that these options will be separated so that you can offer one but not t'other?

Thanks

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Madamecholet & a HUGE welcome to ebid!

That's a very valid point you have there, hope admin pick up on this thread.

In the meanwhile, if it were me, i'd leave cheques / PO unticked in the payment options, but include "payment by cheque" within the text of your auctions.

Best of luck, & pop back with a link.. cos most of us are sooooo nosey lol

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am still finding my feet, getting used to a slightly different set up from 'the other place'.

As for a link, I will be doing this as soon as I get a mo as I see everyone does it and it is obviously helpful (especially as so far I don't even seem to get any views but, then again, I have gone in at the most standard level while I find my feet)!

Anyway, you're right re the cheque thing - I had selected the cheque/po box and stated that I'd prefer not to receive po's but i think your way round is better. Best to be on the safe side!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Further to my earlier comments,I have just tried adding a link and signature (for the first time ever) to my email (as requested by Yvonne). I'm also doing this just so I can see how it looks myself (I hope it hasn't come wrong!) but any advice is warmly welcomed!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madamecholet99 View Post
    Further to my earlier comments,I have just tried adding a link and signature (for the first time ever) to my email (as requested by Yvonne). I'm also doing this just so I can see how it looks myself (I hope it hasn't come wrong!) but any advice is warmly welcomed!
    Hi. welcome to ebid.
    I'm interested in buying one of your lipsticks but don't use cheques. I could pay you by paypal but they would get more money than you would which doesn't seem fair!.
    Have you considered offering google checkout of eggpay as payment methods? Google checkout works like paypal- but it's cheaper and a much more reputable company than paypal.
    Eggpay works like a cheque except it's more secure as the buyer doesn't have to send you their bank account details, and it's quicker because you don't wait as long for payment to clear.

I have a question about your lipsticks which i will pose using the 'ask a question' feature on your listing. You should get an email notifying you of the question. if not it'll be on a tab in your After Auction Log ( AAL)

Hello Madamecholet99!
    Welcome to Ebid. I wish you plenty of success with your auctions! I am sure there will be a few girls here interested in some lipstick. Maybe the boys will be interested to for the Mrs or even for themselves... There are a few weird ones around.....
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

Hi, I admit I have stuck with the methods I'm used to. Paypal IS a rip off but I'm used to it cos of 'the other place'. Anyway, I'll definitely look into google checkout and eggpay (i admit i've never heard of eggpay!).

Thanks for looking at my auctions - I was kind of giving up! I didnt realise how important the forum and links arre!

Thanks again!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hanna missed out the best news as well as being more secure it is also FREE; althought the bad new is it is only available to people with UK bank accounts. (I'm not sure about people who live abroad but still have UK based accounts.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information