My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: a whole new world

Smile a whole new world

ok so i have read alot about feed back ratings , and how i am supposed to buy somthing to get started but like most i am here to make money not waste it , what can i do to show that my auctions are genuine , how can i get traffic to my auctions , are they any good free rescources out there that i can use .

Since when is buying something a waste, unless it's something you don't want. I'm sure you can find something relatively inexpensiveon eBid to buy to get your feedback started, if that is what you mean.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neilsales View Post
    ok so i have read alot about feed back ratings , and how i am supposed to buy somthing to get started but like most i am here to make money not waste it , what can i do to show that my auctions are genuine , how can i get traffic to my auctions , are they any good free rescources out there that i can use .
    An online seller who doesn't want to buy online? Why?

I checked out your listings when you promoted them on the 'plug your auctions thread. Your auctions are nicely presented and you have given informaion about yourself on your ebid 'about me' page. The reason I didn't buy was I could get the same perfume for very similar prices from the high Street.

I don't know how your prices compare against other online sales venues ( a site like Kelkoo would help you check) but you'll need to be very good at marketing yourself if you are going to get buyers to choose you over an established venue. To get your listings noticed you could change a couple of your listings so they get automatically submitted to google products. Try a forum search for "google products" to see what you need to do. Good luck with your listings

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

HannaHolly, I hope this doesn't sound rude but how come if the product was similar in price to the same thing on the high street why did you choose a big greedy corporation with lots of money over supporting a fellow 'Market-stall' holder? We need to stick together and support our new sellers if we are ever going to make eBid a vibrant and interesting place.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    HannaHolly, I hope this doesn't sound rude but how come if the product was similar in price to the same thing on the high street why did you choose a big greedy corporation with lots of money over supporting a fellow 'Market-stall' holder? We need to stick together and support our new sellers if we are ever going to make eBid a vibrant and interesting place.
    Hello Greenmasons.
    If you check my feedback you'll see I am a regular buyer here - I always check ebid first.
    However like 99% of the population I still go out to the shops! and i dont see my local high street as greedy or moneygrabbing (where do you live! ) I see it as a place where I can actually see the goods - and in the case smell the perfume, smell them . I can take advantage of special store offers offers. I can take the product back if something is wrong.
    All sellers- whether on the high street or on line need to attract me with a product I want- at a price i want. and they need to fully gain my trust before i will hand over money. Buying from a seller just because of where they trade - rather than for their good prices/customer service does a disservice to all sellers IMO.

Thread Information