Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTML Screw Up :(

Thumbs down HTML Screw Up :(

Well I'm not verry happy Just looked at my listings and all my HTML is screwed All Pictures were sized within the template and now they are all viewing as original size making all of my 350 listings look totally **** I'm afraid I dont have the time to redoo 350 auctions as I still hadnt got round to chanigng them all from the last lot of updates in the HTML setup.
    If its not going to be sorted I'm closing all my shops because this is just stupid. You spend hours trying to make things look attractive and professional to encourage people to buy here and for what

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Littleme,

I looked at your store and I see what you are upset about and I would probably not be in my happiest mode if it had happened to me.

You have some of the most gorgeous listing pages I have ever seen EVEN WITH THE SCREW UP. Maybe they can do something for you to correct your existing listings. Might send support a note attention Gazza and ask.

I think it would be a good thing if they could make a lot of their changes to not include existing listing but it is not hard to tell I am not technically inclined.

Anyway my heart aches for you and I wish you the best.

BUT whatever don't leave because of it as your listings are still great.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thankyou for the lovely comments, they are much appreciated. Ive sent in a query and will wait to hear back. But if its a permenant problem them I'm closing down everything. The listings look shoddy and would put me off even looking let alone buying anything so I dont see the point of keeping them up

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by litttleme1969 View Post
    Well I'm not verry happy Just looked at my listings and all my HTML is screwed All Pictures were sized within the template and now they are all viewing as original size making all of my 350 listings look totally **** I'm afraid I dont have the time to redoo 350 auctions as I still hadnt got round to chanigng them all from the last lot of updates in the HTML setup.
    If its not going to be sorted I'm closing all my shops because this is just stupid. You spend hours trying to make things look attractive and professional to encourage people to buy here and for what
    Both stores & a variety of random auctions all looking good now,as is your avatar of course!
    ps Your about me shows you as having 426 auctions rather than 350.

I'm afraid they arent. If you look at some of the mould lisitings ite even stranger with writting overlapping some small size pics and some defaulted to original size.
    I have some listings that have just finished and havent redone them alltogether I think there is a bout 450.
    All that work for nothing
    And Ebid says its my fault Like they worked fine before and now they dont, how is that my fault. And I notice they have not responded on thiis thread either.

If I were rich, you'd have no listings left in your gem sensations shop!

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    StarTwinkleBooks

Thankyou
    But sadly the doods in the no have had a look and nothing can be done as a quick fix. So its the highway or spend another 3 months codeing all my listings.
    At the moment I dont have the time so am just going to leave it for now and then make a decision when I'm less busy.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sorry there was not a quick fix ------

But don't leave --- you do brighten up the day.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Littleme

We can do a search and replace for you, you will need to tell us from text and also to text for each instance. Hopefully there wont be too many.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Littleme

We can do a search and replace for you, you will need to tell us from text and also to text for each instance. Hopefully there wont be too many.

Gazza

Hi..
    Not sure what you mean but a few of the other members have had a good look at mass editing software. But as all the pictures are different sizes its just not an option. The only thing missing is the px after the size of the image. Worked OK with your old set up but with the newer version its just not having it

Thread Information