Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Platinum membership

Forum Newbie
    Canyon Country, California, United States
    All-About twobigkidz
    View twobigkidz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Free Platinum membership

We are in the process of transferring over from ebay to ebid. We are in the process of opening a store and signed up for the Lifetime Platinum member. According to what I read, and I hope I read it correctly, but it looked like we could sign up for Platinum Lifetime for FREE!! Is this correct? Please answer asap. THANKS!!

Your account is already showing as Platinum.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm how come everyone is getting platinum for free ive been here over 2 years.

And im just silver

The offer for UK users to upgrade at a reduced price / for free was made in December 2006. Those active on the site at the time, plus quite a few others who received the emailed newsletter, saw the offer and took advantage of it.

US users were offered a similar chance until the end of June this year. The apparent intention of that second offer was to increase the number of US users and the presence of eBid in that country.

As eBid is a business, it would be financial suicide to continue to offer free upgrades to everyone. It is a shame that some people missed out, but isn't that what happens with all special offers in all businesses?

Forum Newbie
    Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View tjgems's Feedback (+1675)
    All-About tjgems
    View tjgems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy upgrading to platinum

Hi there, Can anyone tell me why I have to pay £55 upgrade to platinum. I am already a gold lifetime member & up until this moment was going to shut down my Ebay shop (mainly due to charges) & re-open here on Ebid but now after discovering this have been put off from doing so. I never received an e-mail offering me a free platinun upgrade as I know I would have signed up for it. I wish to be able to accept paypal payments on my listings but I think £55 for the this is a little steep to say the least! Any help or advice would be great.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would you rather pay the £55 or pay ebays extorntionate listing, selling charges plus the charges they have for using their awful peepal account as well. At the end of the day why pay more to greedbay & peepay when for a small amount of £55 to sell your goods is nothing compared to the darkerside of auctions.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martra24 View Post
    Hi there, Can anyone tell me why I have to pay £55 upgrade to platinum. I am already a gold lifetime member & up until this moment was going to shut down my Ebay shop (mainly due to charges) & re-open here on Ebid but now after discovering this have been put off from doing so. I never received an e-mail offering me a free platinun upgrade as I know I would have signed up for it. I wish to be able to accept paypal payments on my listings but I think £55 for the this is a little steep to say the least! Any help or advice would be great.
    Newsletter was issued to in December, plus there were announcements all over the site for weeks. It's always disappointing when we miss a special offer- but it happens all the time and i've never known any company who would honour an expired offer from 7 months earlier- just because someone missed it?
    Your gold subscription will still give you all the same features as before. Platinum has extra features and in my opinion is well worth the money.
    PS. nothing stopping you accepting paypal- just send out a paypal invoice when the auctions finished.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Matra.
    The platinum upgrade offer was advertised for about a fortnight, maybe you guys were unlucky enough to be on holidays or not listing at the time.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/JOLLY-GOLLY-VINTAGE-JAMBOREE

Plat life time 99.00
    Eabay store fee's per month 16.00
    store listings fee's renewl on approx 200 listings @ .06=12.00

Store Cost alone=16.00+12.00=28.00
    Do that for 3 months (psss stores are hidden from search too )
    and you have now paid on feebay the same 99.99 (99.00 div by 28.00=3.5 months)

For me its as simple as doing the math. If on Feebay you run 3months and sell nothing, its still going to cost you the 99.00

do that another 3 months , theres another 99.00

how many 99.00 are you giving them??

Ebay had 20cent listings deals, and if you dont list ....snooze you loose, they wont make it ok just for you because you were absent.
    99.00 life time plat is a awsome deal period.

Forum Newbie
    Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View tjgems's Feedback (+1675)
    All-About tjgems
    View tjgems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Thankyou All

Hi All,
    Just to say thanks to you all for your replies.
    Special thanks to HANNAHOLLY for pointing out that I could actually send out a paypal invoice independant of Ebid ... I hadn't even thought of this ... duh! have been away far to long I think.
    Best wishes, to you all & thanks again.

Thread Information