My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid Store Logos

Talking eBid Store Logos

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jerry. I am a webmaster and I live in a small town just west of Dayton, Ohio. I came across eBid a few weeks ago while looking into how and what people were searching for with regard to EBay. Not to my surprise there's a lot of searches being done for "EBay Alternatives."

A search done for "EBay Alternatives" on Google led me to eBid. I took a look at eBid and liked what I saw and now I am a registered user.

I am planning on offering various types of webmaster services on eBid. Currently I have some auctions online for an eBid Store Logos. If you do a search on eBid for "eBid Logo" you can find the auctions. In the auction listing there's a list of 10 sample logos.

Regards,
    Jerry Williams
    Bantas Creek Productions

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BantasCreek View Post
    If you do a search on eBid for "eBid Logo" you can find the auctions.
    Hi Jerry,if you click on user CP & edit signature,you can add a link to your store so we don't have to search!

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jerry. I am a webmaster and I live in a small town just west of Dayton, Ohio. I came across eBid a few weeks ago while looking into how and what people were searching for with regard to EBay. Not to my surprise there's a lot of searches being done for "EBay Alternatives."

A search done for "EBay Alternatives" on Google led me to eBid. I took a look at eBid and liked what I saw and now I am a registered user.

I am planning on offering various types of webmaster services on eBid. Currently I have some auctions online for an eBid Store Logos. If you do a search on eBid for "eBid Logo" you can find the auctions. In the auction listing there's a list of 10 sample logos.

Regards,
    Jerry Williams
    Bantas Creek Productions
    Hi,

I don't think these type of auctions are allowed on ebid, it might be best to check before doing any more.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Exclamation You don't think?

Anichka54,

Thanks for your feedback and or comment. The last thing I want to do is get into some sort of **ssing match on here. Correct me if I am wrong, I did read eBids terms of service and didn't see anything about this type of auction not being permissible.

I purchased my eBid subscription to sell items like this or should I say post them for sale. I have looked a several eBid stores and a lot of the store owners are unwittingly using color combinations that on a real website would just cause the web-visitor to click exit before the web-page would fully load.

Colors and the look of a web-page play a big part mind set of the buyer. In short, wild color combinations that makes text on a web-page hard to read drive people away no matter what type of web-page it is. If you read my auction I tried to elude to that fact without being so blunt about it.

That being said, as far as I can tell by reading some of the postings in the eBid forum, many sellers are, lets say disgruntled with the lack of performance with their eBid store sales. You or any one else shouldn't say anything to discourage any buying or selling of anything at this point that doesn't violate eBids terms of service.

You said "I don't think these type of auctions are allowed on eBid, it might be best to check before doing any more"

I respectfully request that you check before you make a postings regarding an issue that your not sure about yourself. If you're not sure, don't post. If it's something you think is a violation, find out for sure before you comment about it. If it is a violation then say so. I know, I wouldn't want to list items on eBid that violated their terms of service.

As bad as EBay is, if I wanted to deal with them I could sell these Logos all day long for what I am selling them for here...but I don't want to.

Lastly, I am not mad at your comment and I do appreciate the advice, I just hate misinformation which is what you gave me if you're wrong. If you're correct, point me in the right direction to see for myself.

Regards,
    Jerry Williams
    Bantas Creek Productions
    Last edited by BantasCreek; 26th December 2006 at 01:24 AM.

Anichka54,

Thanks for your feedback and or comment. The last thing I want to do is get into some sort of **ssing match on here. Correct me if I am wrong, I did read eBids terms of service and didn't see anything about this type of auction not being permissible.

I purchased my eBid subscription to sell items like this or should I say post them for sale. I have looked a several eBid stores and a lot of the store owners are unwittingly using color combinations that on a real website would just cause the web-visitor to click exit before the web-page would fully load.

Colors and the look of a web-page play a big part mind set of the buyer. In short, wild color combinations that makes text on a web-page hard to read drive people away no matter what type of web-page it is. If you read my auction I tried to elude to that fact without being so blunt about it.

That being said, as far as I can tell by reading some of the postings in the eBid forum, many sellers are, lets say disgruntled with the lack of performance with their eBid store sales. You or any one else shouldn't say anything to discourage any buying or selling of anything at this point that doesn't violate eBids terms of service.

You said "I don't think these type of auctions are allowed on eBid, it might be best to check before doing any more"

I respectfully request that you check before you make a postings regarding an issue that your not sure about yourself. If you're not sure, don't post. If it's something you think is a violation, find out for sure before you comment about it. If it is a violation then say so. I know, I wouldn't want to list items on eBid that violated their terms of service.

As bad as EBay is, if I wanted to deal with them I could sell these Logos all day long for what I am selling them for here...but I don't want to.

Lastly, I am not mad at your comment and I do appreciate the advice, I just hate misinformation which is what you gave me if you're wrong. If you're correct, point me in the right direction to see for myself.

Regards,
    Jerry Williams
    Bantas Creek Productions
    Hi,

I do know that auctions listed that are sent by email aren't permitted, i only said i think, as there may be a way around it, if you check with support, they may say that you can list the auctions if you send your designs on a CD rom, that's the bit i'm not sure about. Support@ebid.tv

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#27 see 28 & 29

Talking I checked but fail to find...

Anichka54,

Thank you for being more specific. I have read, reread and read again and the only mention of email in the Terms of Service is what I have copied below. I don't see any mention of auctions not allowed for downloadable goods or email delivery.

My auction is not "Email for Details" and from the do not auction items list, that's the only thing that comes close. My final delivery method is email, I could and most likely will make any logo sold downloadable as well as email delivery.

I listed my auctions in the Internet/websites & templates section. Just how do you suppose a custom web design or web template would be delivered? Anyone purchasing a web template would not want to pay for a web design and wait for it to be delivered via snail mail on a CD.

Again, thanks for your input, however I must be blind as a bat and cannot see where my auctions violated any current terms of service. I guess, the powers-to-be at eBid will terminate my auctions if I am at fault.

The last word is yours, I will not replay again.

Regards,
    Jerry Williams
    Bantas Creek Productions

Ads/Promotions, Get Rich Quick Schemes, Do Not Bid Auctions, Email for Details, Selling of Links
    Listings that are wholly or mainly intended to divert buyers away from the listings themselves.
    Listings with links to another website and/or where you are offering the same item for sale
    Listings that require bidders to purchase additional items or services.
    Listings that require bidders to participate in raffles or lotteries.
    Listings that ask users to purchase information on how to receive products.
    Multi-level marketing schemes(MLM) or Pyramid schemes
    Bulk e-mail lists

Anichka54,

Thank you for being more specific. I have read, reread and read again and the only mention of email in the Terms of Service is what I have copied below. I don't see any mention of auctions not allowed for downloadable goods or email delivery.
    Anichka is correct it's the

eBooks or any auctions that are selling information only.
    Any eBooks or emailable information will be removed.
    I wasn't sure about this when I listed my auction templates,I asked on the forums & emailed support. Support couldn't give me a definitive answer before I listed the auctions,they needed to see them first, so I compromised & offer the information on CD, or emailed, which hasn't caused a problem so far.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 26th December 2006 at 01:30 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Original work such as this will be ok.. It is copied information that we do not allow, such as PDF or text files of information.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thumbs up Thanks Gazza

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Original work such as this will be ok.. It is copied information that we do not allow, such as PDF or text files of information.

Gazza
    Thanks for clearing that up Gazza.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thanks from me too Gazza, it's good to know exactly what that rule refers to, so that we can advise newbies.

Thread Information