Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How would you like feedback levels determined?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • As an actual gross number

21 80.77%
  • As a percentage of positive / negative feedback

5 19.23%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Review of Feedback

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist
    On this point I am impartial, as I don't sell, and won't ever now that a "licence" is required to sell. [I was told if I registered I could have a refund of the charge, but that is not the point. I don't want to pay it in the first place, and my friend, who I introduced to Ebid, would still have to pay. Bad move.
    Dragon, you can tell your friend eBid is now free to list. Users can join for free, upgrade for free and post auctions for free. See the Silver option when joining.

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thumbs down

If i had recieved all Feedback owed to me from both buyers and sellers ... Never mind 1,000 odd id be on my way to 2,000

What exactly is the difference between the Silver Seller's Option, and the Gold Option, apart from having to pay for the Gold option?

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I was ploughing through the thread quite happily reading and thinking this or that but now that G has made that post about everything is free again I'm obv not understanding things at all.

Please can someone either explain to me or leave me a link so that I can actually work out what G is saying here because I know that we can't have possibly have back tracked totally back to free...... CAN WE????

Forum Lurker
    All-About snitch2000
    View snitch2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

What exactly is the difference between the Silver Seller's Option, and the Gold Option, apart from having to pay for the Gold option?
    Silver users, verified by credit card FOR FREE can post a standard auction (no thumbnail) and have to pay a 2% FVF.

Gold members = no charges, except features

I think thats the basic way it works

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    Dragon, you can tell your friend eBid is now free to list. Users can join for free, upgrade for free and post auctions for free. See the Silver option when joining.

G
    Just to say Gazza that this is one of the best ideas I have seen from you guys in a long time. By making it free (ish) to list you will keep the users already here, and will probably recruit far more than previously.

Thumbs up.

Um. I think I mentioned somewhere "Keep it Simple, Stupid"
    So if I have the Gold Option, I pay up front for what is basically a licence. If I only sell small value items, I will have to put up the prices to cover the upfront fees, or have to sell more to make up the shortfall.
    If I go for the Silver Option to try to keep costs down, I have to pay a 2% FV Fee, but am disadvantaged by not being able to use thumbnails?
    Hobson's Choice.

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

IF I understand correctly, those who have already got a lifetime membership (everyone who was selling in UK before December should have one for free) do not have to pay anymore.

I was just a Buyer when I joined in July 2003. I was too busy home-educating my Grandson to think about being a Seller, but now he teaches himself, my friend and I thought we would sell on here as a joint venture. Gazza did say they would refund my fee if I bought a lifetime membership, but my friend would have to pay. Now it appears we could sell free of charge, but have to pay a FVF, and not use the features which attract buyers. Buying the Gold is not an option as the goods would have to be sold at a higher price. Oh well. We'll stick to the carboot sales then. Profits were very good on the two we did.

I was just a Buyer when I joined in July 2003. I was too busy home-educating my Grandson to think about being a Seller, but now he teaches himself, my friend and I thought we would sell on here as a joint venture. Gazza did say they would refund my fee if I bought a lifetime membership, but my friend would have to pay. Now it appears we could sell free of charge, but have to pay a FVF, and not use the features which attract buyers. Buying the Gold is not an option as the goods would have to be sold at a higher price. Oh well. We'll stick to the carboot sales then. Profits were very good on the two we did.
    Is there any reason why you can't sell under your id (because you will then be a gold member with all the benefits and no cost) and then get your friend to assist with the sales, packaging etc. You could sell stuff on his/her behalf.

Thread Information