eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Archive

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Archive

I seem to have lost all my listings! I know from my emails that I was reminded to relist unsold items on 5th October. I may or may not have done that ( I thought I did). Then ebid went to the back of my mind until now. I have never sold very much although I’ve been here for years but I did have about 60 very detailed listings that I don’t want to lose. I tried to access them in the archive ( by putting in my user ID but nothing shows up, are they all lost? Thanks to anyone who can tell me how to find my items again. I kept no copies of the listing descriptions unfortunately ( mostly vintage and antique items which use a lot of words!)

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Archive

I think they disappear. I know I had my listings off line and it was a long time when I came back and all of that was gone.

I found this :
    From :https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...Items-Problems

My eBid Dashboard > Sold records are kept for 75 days, the same as closed listings, and can be exported at any time during this time for your records. This has been the case for many years now, we don't have any current discussion open on possible ways to improve on this.

As always we are open to any suggestions you might have. Let us know.

Thanks,
    Gazza

Forum Lurker
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    I think they disappear. I know I had my listings off line and it was a long time when I came back and all of that was gone.

I found this :
    From :https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...Items-Problems

My eBid Dashboard > Sold records are kept for 75 days, the same as closed listings, and can be exported at any time during this time for your records. This has been the case for many years now, we don't have any current discussion open on possible ways to improve on this.

As always we are open to any suggestions you might have. Let us know.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    Thank you Policequilts. Yes I found that too but the conversation was many years old. I see that Gazza said on a thread (possibly the same one and again, many years ago) that listings were not deleted. Do you know, please, how I contact him directly to ask if he can dig mine out of the archive? I feel like just giving up now as I can't go through all that listing again... more fool me for not keeping a copy and also putting the photos somewhere together - but 2 or three computers later now at my end and not everything was taken across.

Defeated!

You can contact support@ebid.net to ask.
    Also if you still have the original emails from when you posted the listings you can sometimes get into the archives from the link on those. The photos will have gone but the description should still be there.

Forum Lurker
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Cornishmaid. I still have the email but unfortunately no joy with the links as there are none as it was a "too many emails" message about 59 closing at once. I have just two emails where 2 listings closed at a different time to the others and on those the link works, but as you say no photos. Pity about the others.....

I hope my experience will help others reading this to take care to repost regularly as I have done up to now for many years - 15 years to be precise! We get tied up with life and let things slip in other areas and then pay for it with a whole lot of extra work (or just abandoning the project altogether). I will email support (I should have known that!) Thank you.

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

This might be a bit of a long-shot but have you tried using your browser > images / pictures using your listing titles?

When I'm searching for glass for my collection and do this many of the photos are from For Sale ads., often if I click on them they are closed. Mostly they're from other sites but I've found one of mine once or twice.

If your lost items are rare with few search results, you might be lucky. If you've not used the image search before, when you open an image you can click on View Page and get the whole page that the image came from. If its an ad. that often includes the description.
    Hope this helps.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to update for those in a similar situation. After 75 days of not logging in and updating it is not possible to retrieve the listings. (although in fact I can retrieve the two or three which needed relisting separately as opposed to the bulk email listings). So maybe the answer is, for those who are forgetful, like me to make sure you don't have all your listings ending at the same time.

Edited to say I missed your post earlier the Elench. I will try that approach. Sounds great if I can pick up a few things. Yes, I mostly sell one off things.
    Last edited by fhlangan; 8th January 2022 at 11:28 AM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have indeed found some of them using your method theElench so thank you for that! In fact when they open up in ebid it says they have been removed but on clicking again, they come up so there must be some still in the archive. Good for google!

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's excellent news!

Another thing I've noticed is if I search Edge > Images for Art Deco Glass I see much less of interest because the emphasis is on US glass. Yahoo > Images are much more European oriented. So trying different browsers might find a few more depending on how popular your items are in America.

Also, looking periodically might find more. Although some pictures come up every time, others come and go. No idea why, but I get different results over time.

Good luck!
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information