Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal will be Raises Rates

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Paypal will be Raises Rates

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I agree with everything you say here. I doubt many people will be be buying from me here any time soon so I have been busy building my listings up on other sites that don't need me to have a Paypal account.
    So sellers are coming here to get away from non-PP managed payments on obay and PP is making life difficult for PP users here and on other smaller sites where it's still the biggest payment processor. I'm not moving over to et*y, it's just obay Mk 2, so I'm left with going back to obay and paying twice as much to use their increasingly hideous site.

Ever seen David Attenborough's "Blue Planet" where the sharks surround, feed on and wipe out a shoal of Sardines? I feel like a Sardine trying to sell anything on-line ATM, being chased round in circles by a bunch of monopolistic corporations. PP with Wennig (ex-obay) running the show. Et*y with Silverman ex-obay as CEO. Obay turning itself into am*z*n and all four with the same major corporate investors as their largest shareholders. They're just different departments of an incestuous cartel flying different flags of convenience.

Whatever happened to the idea of the WWW opening up e-commerce to masses of enterprising small-scale sellers? All we are is the prey in a feeding frenzy of corporate greed. The only competition between them is how quickly they can fleece the victims and which one gets the biggest share of the feast.
    Last edited by theElench; 22nd June 2021 at 07:25 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I have to annoyingly transfer money to PP when I want to buy something due to lack of money coming in now!!! and this is were the issue will become more and more bad. Eventually I will start using cards instead of PP to buy things from sites and many buyers will probably follow suit in the next year, so sites with limited payment options will have issues. I don't list much on et*y but will be doing a lot more soon, I would prefer to list it all here but with such limits on payments and traffic I just can't bring myself to do it. The truth is the big boys although everyone moans about them still have a good hold on most sellers because sales sadly talk. The more listings the better here though so I will put my head down and get my rear in gear.

Forum Newbie
    View Comicman48's Feedback (+339)
    All-About Comicman48
    View Comicman48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    So sellers are coming here to get away from non-PP managed payments on obay and PP is making life difficult for PP users here and on other smaller sites where it's still the biggest payment processor. I'm not moving over to et*y, it's just obay Mk 2, so I'm left with going back to obay and paying twice as much to use their increasingly hideous site.

Ever seen David Attenborough's "Blue Planet" where the sharks surround, feed on and wipe out a shoal of Sardines? I feel like a Sardine trying to sell anything on-line ATM, being chased round in circles by a bunch of monopolistic corporations. PP with Wennig (ex-obay) running the show. Et*y with Silverman ex-obay as CEO. Obay turning itself into am*z*n and all four with the same major corporate investors as their largest shareholders. They're just different departments of an incestuous cartel flying different flags of convenience.

Whatever happened to the idea of the WWW opening up e-commerce to masses of enterprising small-scale sellers? All we are is the prey in a feeding frenzy of corporate greed. The only competition between them is how quickly they can fleece the victims and which one gets the biggest share of the feast.
    Hi, i have to agree, so far, my Ebid selling experience has been poor, ive had lots of views but no sales at all. ive asked for advice, received some (very helpful), implemented most of it and still no sales. so im beginning to think what is the point of trying to sell on-line as a private seller any more.

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3730)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Comicman48 View Post
    Hi, i have to agree, so far, my Ebid selling experience has been poor, ive had lots of views but no sales at all. ive asked for advice, received some (very helpful), implemented most of it and still no sales. so im beginning to think what is the point of trying to sell on-line as a private seller any more.
    Hi, me again.
    In regards to sales and views.
    I looked at Batman Legends of the Dark Knight 179 listing that you have. Great news, you have the only one on this site for sale.
    Downside is the other selling platform has 11 copies of it for sale (by various sellers), one of whom is selling it for 21p cheaper than your copy.
    Now the majority of comic collectors/buyers will be after specific issues, usually first appearance of a specific character, however you also get those who will be wanting to fill a gap in their collection.
    Now as a collector myself, I wouldn't bewiiling to take the risk of buying said issue as you only have 1 picture of it, and that is of the comic inside a polybag.
    I would also avoid buying due to your wording in the listing (not everyone scolls down to read it) that states you do not accept returns (which is your choice), however if I did buy your copy which you have lsited as NM and I received it and it wasn't NM, i'd expect to be able to return it, at your expense as it would be potentialy mis-described (not that i'm saying it is as I cannot tell from your picture).
    Hope some of this helps.
    PS at least 4 of those views will probably have been mine in trying to help you.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi, me again.
    In regards to sales and views.
    I looked at Batman Legends of the Dark Knight 179 listing that you have. Great news, you have the only one on this site for sale.
    Downside is the other selling platform has 11 copies of it for sale (by various sellers), one of whom is selling it for 21p cheaper than your copy.
    Now the majority of comic collectors/buyers will be after specific issues, usually first appearance of a specific character, however you also get those who will be wanting to fill a gap in their collection.
    Now as a collector myself, I wouldn't bewiiling to take the risk of buying said issue as you only have 1 picture of it, and that is of the comic inside a polybag.
    I would also avoid buying due to your wording in the listing (not everyone scolls down to read it) that states you do not accept returns (which is your choice), however if I did buy your copy which you have lsited as NM and I received it and it wasn't NM, i'd expect to be able to return it, at your expense as it would be potentialy mis-described (not that i'm saying it is as I cannot tell from your picture).
    Hope some of this helps.
    PS at least 4 of those views will probably have been mine in trying to help you.
    hi again, thank you for commenting. all valid points. in regard to the issue mentioned, it is in a comic bag, but it is NM. the problem i have, same as on other site, is that i am spending for extra pics etc without getting any return. on here its not adding up to much so far, but on the other site, fees for promotion etc just to get your item seen add up. on here, i believe i only get one pic free, correct me if i am wrong, but i have several hundred i want to list to start and that's going to add up with potentially no sales. hence ive dipped my toes in so to speak with low value items which i think are fairly priced. returns are a difficult area, as on ther site i have had stuff returned and its been swapped for a poorer issue, so, its one of the reasons i wont accept returns anymore.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

i forgot to ask, is there a way on this site then to increase the size of the phot uploaded, as i looked at mine and i cannot zoom in etc, so, yeah i agree that would be potentially off-putting.

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3730)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Comicman48 View Post
    i forgot to ask, is there a way on this site then to increase the size of the phot uploaded, as i looked at mine and i cannot zoom in etc, so, yeah i agree that would be potentially off-putting.
    Yeh, you only get 1 pic free with a "Seller" account.
    Here's a link to show you what you get with the different accounts.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/help/fees-and-charges/

PS forgot to say, I would remove the comic from the polybag to take the pic, as the polybag can sometimes obscure parts of the comic.
    As for the picture, clicking on the image will open it up, so I've been informed in the past, to the actual size of the file that was uploaded by yourself. So I would get a camera that has a larger pixel taking options.
    Last edited by BigKidsAttic; 7th July 2021 at 01:31 PM.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

All-About metalworker0
    View metalworker0's Listings
    Forum Posts

You just go down the edit page on each item and tick the box that says "seller +" costs 5 pence and you get 15 pictures - note don't do this if item has limited time to run.
    As regards picture size ..I leave a note in the description: "To see larger more detailed pictures, right click on picture and open in new tab" that works for me on a PC.

all the best...mark

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    does anyone know what the new rates are for the uk? Also, does anyone know if micropayment charges are changed?

bump

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

cheers, i think ive worked out the photo sizing issue - i think its due as i post pics on a modelling forum and have to reduce the file size, but never remember to size it up again.

Thread Information