Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Reciprocal Links

All-About metalworker0
    View metalworker0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Reciprocal Links

These are links that point back to site that shows pictures of my items.

in other words to be seen by other search engines as well as google, you need a link going each way

So i have pinterrest pictures with links to the items for sale, in order to make this link be picked up by search engines, it has to go the other way .. So needs to have a link in the description pointing back to pinterest.

Is this aloud ?

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Reciprocal Links

Huh? ? LOL

I am not sure what you are saying.

The items on Pinterest, when clicked, will take you back to your site (eBid) and hopefully see that you have other goodies.

I know that I pinned 2 of your items - comic books and fire bowls and that there is some views from my pins.

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

one of the criteria when a search engine ranks a site is reciprocal links.
    Search engines rate sites that link back to each other higher than a site with a one way link ..and it ranks a page on the site with reciprocal links very much higher, so your item or web page appears in the results nearer to the top.
    The more reciprocal links there are back and forth between sites the higher it ranks a site....no good having links that don't get pressed on ..it also monitors traffic between the links as part of the ranking process.

the process of someone getting a site or item to get more views is called search engine optimization or SEO
    Last edited by metalworker0; 3rd June 2021 at 09:56 PM.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Are you talking about having "landing pages", such as using Weebly and Wix and linking them back to eBid?

There is talk about this on Social Media https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...2-Social-media

I have a lot of homework to do on getting better SEO, but summer's here and my work load is larger and I have to follow the money and work when I can and when my back lets me.

I added to my notes Reciprocating Links

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

Doesn't matter
    sorry in a lot of pain with my back
    all the best..nmark

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    Are you talking about having "landing pages", such as using Weebly and Wix and linking them back to eBid?

There is talk about this on Social Media https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...2-Social-media

I have a lot of homework to do on getting better SEO, but summer's here and my work load is larger and I have to follow the money and work when I can and when my back lets me.

I added to my notes Reciprocating Links
    Reciprocal links are where 2 sites swap links to each other's sites. So adding a link to your listings to your own landing page is not a reciprocal link. For a link to your own store or listings on ebid to be a reciprocal link , eBid would have to add your landing page to their site which wouldn't happen unless it was a paid advertising link.

In the past I swapped links with websites but switched to deep linking instead. This is where I link multiple pages to each other within my own site.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Reciprocal links are where 2 sites swap links to each other's sites. So adding a link to your listings to your own landing page is not a reciprocal link. For a link to your own store or listings on ebid to be a reciprocal link , eBid would have to add your landing page to their site which wouldn't happen unless it was a paid advertising link.
    @Moonwitch
    Thanks for the information . .

Question ?

I know that Mandart has a Wix landing site and I have a Weebly landing site - if we exchange links, will this be a reciprocating link and help with ranking ?

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

@Moonwitch

Question ?

I know that Mandart has a Wix landing site and I have a Weebly landing site - if we exchange links, will this be a reciprocating link and help with ranking ?
    Your site would get help with ranking if Mandart's site has a much higher ranking and you both swapped

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

@Moonwitch

Question ?

The link has to be from your item listing to a page on another website, that page also has to have a link to your listing.

i studied this years ago ..when i had a few yahoo groups and wonted them at the top of the google search,
    one of them was a group for a small yacht called a foxcub ,it that was built from 1970 ish to 1982 ish.
    So i posted links in the links section of my groups to all the top yachting websites who promised to return the link ..by having a link to my group in their links section.

it worked very well , i got my little yacht group recognised ...there where only 400 of them made, and somehow i got 500 plus members, the designer , the builder, was going well until yahoo closed all its sites ..by that time i had had enough - 20 years.

videos work very well on you tube. so if you video an item put it on you tube with a link .......that will improve its viability a lot.

my video is still there . but the group has gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBx9u-Qh-o

all the best...mark

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalworker0 View Post
    The link has to be from your item listing to a page on another website, that page also has to have a link to your listing.

i studied this years ago ..when i had a few yahoo groups and wonted them at the top of the google search,
    one of them was a group for a small yacht called a foxcub ,it that was built from 1970 ish to 1982 ish.
    So i posted links in the links section of my groups to all the top yachting websites who promised to return the link ..by having a link to my group in their links section.

it worked very well , i got my little yacht group recognised ...there where only 400 of them made, and somehow i got 500 plus members, the designer , the builder, was going well until yahoo closed all its sites ..by that time i had had enough - 20 years.

videos work very well on you tube. so if you video an item put it on you tube with a link .......that will improve its viability a lot.

my video is still there . but the group has gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBx9u-Qh-o

all the best...mark
    My background (since 2006) is in building websites and teaching other people who to use SEO, so very much WWW led

I would suggest swapping links between websites and did this myself so what you have posted here makes total sense to me.
    Last edited by moonwitch; 6th June 2021 at 06:20 PM.

Thread Information