Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JUST joined up...wonder if I can sell here as I did on Ebay

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: JUST joined up...wonder if I can sell here as I did on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    I would love to try the re-direct note in a sale on *bay but they are now saying that is a no no or restricted if discovered
    I always wrote on my packing slips that I was at a different site and that I have lower prices.
    July 2020 was the last of my time on ebay and a year prior, I was writing on the packing slips to this site since it's my main site now.

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    What annoys me though is I found this site simply by seeing eBid branded tape which was a long time ago and probably would never be here without it! Almost every person in a reseller group I'm in with 2.1k members many of which being You Tubers had never even heard of this site until I started mentioning it recently, I was surprised that only a few knew about it and out of those few most said the traffic was too low to be an option, some however are on here now. I see the *gumm site mentioned all the time now even on You tubers streams and its all due to one simple thing which is Advertising. The site owners could do a fast limited amount of branded tape, polys etc and the traffic will increase a lot over time. I'm not moaning I simply want the site to be a success and with *bay, *tsy and *mazon raising fees and making bad changes this year is the perfect time to grow
    I printed eBid.net on bright color paper and cut them into strips. When applying tape to the packages, I lay one of these under the tape. Yes, it's work but it does stand out.

I like that idea

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

"I would love to try the re-direct note in a sale...but they are now saying that is a no-no or restricted if discovered."

There is a group of obay fans on their boards that will categorically tell everyone that if an item is listed there, the seller is barred from listing it anywhere else at the same time. They've been repeating that "advice" for years and it's wrong. What is not tolerated is advertising one item in two places, selling off-obay and not completing their sale. Understandable if they DID find a buyer who was then disappointed. The seller is charged the FVF as a penalty.

I've never heard anything about notes in parcels being barred, Although I can easily imagine the fan-club saying such a thing. I'd urge you to reconsider and try it. Ebay doesn't have access to your parcels so will never know what you put in them.

I've been advertising the same items on both sites at the same time for years. I've never run two auctions for the same item so can never get a bid on both sites at the same time. I've never yet had a BIN / RUS item sell on both sites at the same time either. The chances of it ever happening are vanishingly small IMO. Whichever site the item sells on, I can delete it on the other within a few hours.

Obviously I prefer it to sell here, which is why I list items here first these days. But the overwhelming majority of my sales come from pages 3, 4, and 5 of the search results down among the RUS listings.

I've never yet sold any of my 40 day auction listings on page 1, they are only there so that visitors can see a few new items every time they come to ebid. Having viewed one or two of them, hopefully they then click "See sellers other items". That's one trick that helps my sales. Get browsers away from the log-jam of unsold (and sometimes unsaleable) items that block the the top of page 1 and make it seem stagnant with nothing new added and nothing ever selling.

That's why I agreed with some of Cheaver's "1" scores. This site works the other way round to obay and a seller won't get much success if they don't understand that.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Keep listing on Ebid, things do sell here. I sold two items in 3 days over last weekend which i was pleasantly surprised at. The key to view to selling things and getting listing views is to make sure your item specifics are filled in correctly so that your items show up in Google Shopping

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The mention of parcel tape reminds me how much I want eBid to make it again!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retrogoodness View Post
    Keep listing on Ebid, things do sell here. I sold two items in 3 days over last weekend which i was pleasantly surprised at. The key to view to selling things and getting listing views is to make sure your item specifics are filled in correctly so that your items show up in Google Shopping
    When looking at the Home Page before one of my earlier replies I noticed that it says *Free uploads to Bing Shopping*. Is that new? and does anyone know if getting items uploaded requires the same things as for GS?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information