View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

HerMajesty - what is ft. co. ?
    Wyo - love your quilt
    Books = thanks for the tunes

No news from here just staying in and being safe.
    and just a tune to being on with
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwqf...dSkynyrd-Topic
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    this year has reminded us that people are always more important all year round than on some random day.

That is so true, I have a cousin with mental health problems and she literally has no-one to turn to so I'm trying to help her as much as I can but I cannot see her to give her any face to face help - our 'bubble' is occupied by my step daughter and our lovely 6 year old grandaughter who has autism and we provide a lot of support for. There are so many people need help all year round.

Hello cocktailers!
    What lovely posts from you all!
    Wyo, I have experienced the luxury of a heated seat, it was sooo comforting! It was when Lucia took me to the O2 arena in London to see Queen with Adam Lambeth. Her car was off road, so we went in the land rover. Your handiwork is just so incredibly beautiful, the stitching and colours are amazing. (You must be very proud to own that fantastic pincushion that your instructor made).
    BTW, you making any delicious stews in your crock pot? You know I always have my begging bowl at the ready!

Books, hope you are doing OK and making a list of some music for us to listen to. Always interesting, and some bostin' good choons!

SHES - where are you? Sign in hun, we need to know that you are safe and well and the same goes to you Pos!

Your Maj, it must be very hard for you with your family so far away. Yes, you are right, we have to be patient and await next year when things will all be for the better (we hope!). JR and I always say "White Rabbits" three times on the first day of the month - supposed to be lucky .... hmmm!

Mooney, I said I wouldn't be bothering with dressing up the house as I normally do each Christmas. Didn't see much point in it really - then I had second thoughts.
    I'm not bothering with the kitchen, hallway etc. but I will put the tree up and decorate the front window with snow and fairy lights. It will bring much pleasure to us two old fogeys, if not sharing it with all the family. (My kids were aghast when I told them I wasn't bothering, it would have been the first Christmas EVER that we hadn't at least had the tree up and front window decorated).
    A few glasses of sherry and Christmas music will inspire me to get me baubles out ... lol!!!!!

Penni, I think maybe Ft. Co. is Fort Colorado, abbreviated. Keep on keeping safe, we will all soon be able to mix with our children/grandchildren next year. Hey, that Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird choon was the most played record on our juke box when we were in our pub down in Cornwall. It brought back many happy memories.

Mandart, what a kind bloke you are - lovely sentiments, and yes you are right - so many people need help all year round. My hubbie worked for many years at day care centres for people with learning difficulties, he loved his job and his clients loved him back. It was very emotional when he retired at age 70. He used to drive the minivan for outings, and every so often would bring them here to pet our dogs.

Well, I have ventured forth today - actually went to get my eyes tested! My vision is less than perfect, had two cataract ops, and laser treatment on my right eye. I knew there was a problem with my left eye, cloudy vision again. I have been referred for further laser treatment on my left eye, won't happen until next year though.
    What with Polycythemia, Bronchiectasis, chronic IBS and blurred vision I have come to the conclusion that it is no fun getting old! Ah well, mustn't complain, there are many, many more folk worse off and I count my blessings for what I have got. As my old mum used to say " A creaking gate hangs the longest!"!!!!

It has been a dreadful cold and wet day here today, with worse weather to come. I think we should all have a wee drink to warm our cockles .....
    ..... and maybe a little Christmas choon? (Wyo, note the John Deere hat!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqkueuzJIw

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gorgeous mask and quilt, WYO - you are so good at those things. I still treasure the beautiful Violets/Pansies pot holder I got from you! Use it as a wall hanging, it's so pretty!

Ft. Co is Fort Collins, Colorado. Locals call it FoCo. It's where I went to university for awhile, and used to live there. Lovely place, but my how its grown! It's probably less than an hour south of where WYO lives.

We didn't put up a tree any of the last what.....10 years or so that I've been here. Makes it less cheerful and Christmassy, but less work, and I guess since Philpott isn't a fan, it hardly seems worth it anymore. sigh. Love the smell and twinkly lights.

Glad you will be getting your eyes sorted reasonably soon, Trish! Thanks for the Jingle Juice!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

It's always interesting to read the posts on here, we always say White Rabbits at the start of a new month as well. As for Christmas decorations ours usually go up the middle weekend of December so it's up in loft for me in the next few days.

Also i've got to venture out to do some Christmas shopping with Ben so we can get presents for his mum. We usually go to Nottingham or Doncaster but this year it's going to be local.

Trish I hear your call for some more tunes, I will post a selection of Christmas tunes nearer to Christmas day. Here's a few other tunes to be going on with.

Octopus's Garden (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

Walking Down the Road with You - YouTube

Tie Me At The Crossroads - YouTube

Going Up The Country - YouTube

Deltics - YouTube

Hello "Tell Him" - YouTube

I say a little prayer - YouTube

Northern Soul A Man Like Me Jimmy James - YouTube

Baby Do the Philly Dog - YouTube

What - Judy Street - YouTube

Moonlight Music and You - YouTube

Dean Parrish - I'm On My Way - YouTube

Ok here's one Christmas tune

Name:  Sadiepout1211201.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  49.2 KB
    Why is Sadie Roosevelt pouting? You may wonder. Because Ma has been working on the web site with Rico a lot this week, but it is live now. We still have some things to correct but people can actually buy things now. Or perhaps it was 10 am and no tuna had appeared in her dish. Her dish is now empty so that probably was it. Food is very important to her. Especially people food like tuna and salmon. I made what I call Caroldillas last night. I put Philly Steak and cheese in a Tortilla and warm it up and roll it like a burrito. Sadie eats hers plain and I dip mine in horseradish mustard. MMMMM!

It is snowing here looks like 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Won't cause much trouble here, I don't know about the roads. My neighbor drove her truck to work this morning. I'm making a list and checking it twice when it warms up I'll go downtown and get things for pictures that are missing. It feels good to have another problem saddled. I may sew a bit today. I have also managed to trash a few things around the house.

My neighbor brought me a jar of lavender simple syrup yesterday. Time for tea. I don't like my coffee sweet, but I like just a dab in my tea and lavender is so good for you.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings from a cold, miserable Runcorn.
    I hope that you are all looking after yourselves in this horrid time.

I kept meaning to write, but my brain wouldn't let me, until now.
    I'll try and explain, I have been quite down recently, and was getting very depressed due to life's circumstances.
    Self isolating because of this cursed virus caused my brain to self-isolate, I just did not want to communicate with anyone.
    I am trying to shake my brain back to life, it's not easy, but today is a step forward for me.
    I still have Long Covid, the after effects of the virus.
    I am have breathlessness which is due to short-term lung damage by the virus, brain fog and generally very tired, falling asleep at the wrong time and waking at the wrong time, my sleeping patern is wrecked.

last night I searched for music to try and brighten things up a bit and I found this..best played loud

Age is not a barrier in music either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkC...3nKcA&index=25

Back soon,

stay safe and warm,
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hey all!!

Well... I really thought I had posted again since 18 Nov. After my illness in Sept (NOT covid) I've been experiencing major sleep deprivation, so my mind has not been in the best shape. Just this past several days I've been getting my 8 solid hours of sleep and one night slept 14 straight! Maybe I just dreamed one night that I posted? Never had extended sleep deprivation and it sure makes you do some strange things - lol!!

BOOKS - I'm still trying to navigate Win 10 too so don't feel bad. I don't know if it's lack of sleep or just getting too darn old for all these changes???? I never have liked the idea of all my "stuff" hanging out in some "Cloud" - there is plenty of storage on this computer for my needs so I don't really need a Cloud and have tried to disable it. I will confess that I'm still using my old computer for pictures, etc. as I've not the presence of mind to learn a new system right now. My plan anyway is to move all my Pic and Docs to Win 10 so eventually I'll be consolidated. LOL!!! BTW - does your Win 10 seem to use more bandwidth?? I have never used all my allotted bandwidth for the month until last month but did with 3 days left to go in the billing period. I still get service but it is slowed down and with 10 being faster, I didn't mind - just wondering if this is normal for Win 10?

MOONEY - nice to see you dropping in. I hope you and your man stay safe and well! YES! - people are so much more important all year round.

POS - very happy to hear from you. So sorry about what you've been through and are still experiencing with the Covid. It is getting worse here too. One of the girls I helped take care of my neighbor a couple of years ago has passed from it - she was such a good caregiver in the county that her loss was really sad. My best friend and her grandson have it and both my brothers and one of their wives had it and recovered. I totally understand reluctance to talk to anyone - I'm trying to shake my brain back to life too from the lack of sleep I experienced these past few months. On a good day - I always have to watch my mouth filter and now it's just gone!!

TRISH - My heart aches for you missing your family, especially at the holidays. Try to remember there will be more holidays over the coming years and keeping everybody safe to enjoy them is just what we have to do this year. I don't mean that to sound cold but you know me - always thinking "practical" to keep my emotions in check! I am glad that you are putting up your tree this year as usual. Shall I send my new furbabies over to test it's climb-ability??? Unlike my other cats, they are testing me to the limit about getting "up high"! I got some cute pics last night of them on the cat tree but am still trying to figure out how to get pics where I want them on this computer and find them again!!

WYO - I'm glad to see that you are well and staying busy as usual with your sewing projects. My mom wore the yo-yo corsage you made for her when the girls in the family took her out for her Birthday Breakfast. The pin cushion is cute! Is there some kind of weight in it to keep it on the shelf?? I LOVE my heated seat too - does wonders for my back even on days it isn't cold! I'm glad you are making progress on your website - so glad it's not me trying something like that right now. Sadie is such a pretty girl!! (and very spoiled too!! - I don't think I will let Buster know what she gets for supper!!)

HER MAJESTY - I too am looking forward to the end of this year and hoping that all this turmoil and strangeness will soon pass so we can feel "normal" again. If that's possible????

MAELBRIGDA - glad to see you popping in - I'm staying home and safe too but staying home is what I usually do all the time - lol!! Here's a "laugh": this keyboard is smaller than my old one (I'd go crazy texting on a phone keypad!) and I'm grateful I don't rely on spell check - I had you "pooping in"! DUH!!!

MANDART - nice to see you! Good on you for doing what you can for your cousin as much as possible. You stay safe so you can keep on. There are a lot of self-centered people in the world - can we dare hope that one good thing that might come from all this is that people start caring about each again???

I'm still in the process of pitching and cleaning and it's starting to look like my home again!! Time for some lunch and then probably a nap - I've got tons of sleep to make up for! LOL!!

You all take care! Wishing you some very special Blessings for the Holidays!!

Shes

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Popping in again before I head off to sleepy land

Managed to finish a bunch of random crochet comforters for the children at our local refuges.

Step daughter has been OK about our family get together being cancelled. She has had a cough for a couple of weeks but she said it isn't COVID as the video doctor (no examination and no test done) said it isn't!!!!!! I guess they diagnose it using magical powers now.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good to hear from Moonie and Shesa.

Here's a little choon to brighten you day.

Cheers and stay safe.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information