Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Sellers, check your default settings!

Default Sellers, check your default settings!

I've been very puzzled by the lack of sales for the past several months. I think I just found out what happened.

For some reason, i decided to check all my eBid settings and discovered that "My Defaults" had been changed.

"eBid to Upload my BuyNows to Google Shopping?" was changed to NO

"Enable Multi-item Checkout (allow buyers to pay me for multiple items together)? was changed to NO

I'm not surprised our sales have dropped. And it explains why I couldn't find any of our items on Google Shopping when i posted about it a couple of months ago.

Default Re: Sellers, check your default settings!

I just checked my settings and it is showing to upload. It's all OK.

It would be nice if eBid towers would advise us as to whether they are still uploading or if something has changed.

When I looked at Google Shopping and Google regular search the other day, I wasn't finding many of my listings any more. (Unless I put eBid in the search, which no one is going to do.)

I've wondered if it matters how long an item is listed. Are listings deleted from Google Shopping after a certain length of time? I'm using bulk edit instead of letting items close and then relisting from the unsold folder. I know that there was talk that eBid was going to change it so that a new item number would not be generated if an item was relisted from unsold folder. Was this change implemented? Does a new item number result in the item being uploaded to Google Shopping?

My defaults are set to yes as well, but I'm not finding my items on Google either....

Oh no, here we go again. Defaults fine but can't find my items on Google shopping !

I also started to relist before my items close as they never gave us the change to retain our item numbers so don't know if that has anything to do with it ?
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 14th July 2019 at 10:21 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it was a couple of years ago when I got an email from the boys telling me they had turned off my default setting to upload to Google Shopping because the cost of click throughs on my items did not result in sufficient sales to justify the cost to them. I complained loudly and I was told I could turn it back on. I did, and since then, for a while, I alternated monthly between on and off and this I think resulted in a sale or two as the freshness of the re-upload to google shopping happened. Then that stopped. Now I always turn it off myself especially when going away on holiday - but I have no idea if it is worth the effort or not these days as sales have fallen off the cliff.

To choose good key words in titles for the search engines is great for attracting potential Buyers to our items - but is a whole load of wasted effort if those keywords are barred from reaching the engines.

Still no sign of my items this morning. I emailed support last night and as yet have had no reply. Just as well I shall be switching to holiday mode soon.

Edit to say an email just arrived that they are taking a look now !

Hurrah, my items are now showing again on Google Shopping so someone's turned on the switch !

Thread Information