Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hey, all!

Books - thanks for the idea! I just got Bob posted to YDC. Was planning to do it yesterday but I spent the day with Marble while he was passing. He was 19 years old - the last member of the first litter of kittens I bred after I moved to TN.

Wyo - thanks for the Chris LeDoux! That brought back lots of memories - dancing, rodeos, Civil War reenactments and hauling a load of wild horses through a pass in the Rockies during a whiteout snowstorm - on the 4th of July!!! (True story!) I kept thinking that nobody would ever believe me but when Cowboy Christmas was over and we got back home to the Springs, I was very relieved it had been reported in the newspaper - LOL!!

Fun times ahead - I'm gonna be a new mamma in about a month to an Australian Shepherd! I knew I wanted a boy and all the boys were black and white - the girls were Merles. I held all the boys and the only one that was content to snuggle on my chest was the biggest one of the litter. He's got a great big head and a thick snout - looked like a brute next to the rest of the pups, so his name will be Brutus.

We are having a "heat wave" - up in the 90's, so I'm off to do some work in the house or find a shady place outside to work. The pictures of Wyo's snow looked very inviting! LOL!!!

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Hello everyone!
    My oh my, you guys sure have been very quiet for a long time! Hope you are all ok.
    Well, I'm back from travels and glad of it.
    Corfu was very disappointing - the weather was apalling. We only had one day when the sun came out and we could actually sunbathe. The rest of the week, torrential rain and very cold. When the balcony wasn't flooded I had to wrap a blanket around me to keep warm, NOT what I planned for - didn't have a warm cardigan or jumper.
    Hotel was very clean, food reasonable, entertainment zero rated, drinks very poor. NOT a place to go to, totally overrun with French holiday makers, who were so loud and rude. Two stars from me!

Now after a few hours back home, off to Palma Nova, Majorca.
    Room and view from our room was just beautiful - Name:  PALMA NOVA 2019 005.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  100.8 KB ......
    but just look at the palm trees blowing in the wind.
    The food was very good, the chefs cooked your meats right in front of you so you could choose how well done or rare you would like your steaks or whatever. There was lots of choices, the salad bar was amazing, but the dessert bars were truly exceptional. Choccy fountains, every kind of cakes, ice creams - Name:  PALMA NOVA 2019 002.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  59.3 KB
    I could only manage a few bits and bobs after three courses.
    Entertainment wasn't up to much, we did have a Flamenco show which I enjoyed, but the other nightly entertainment was provided by the hotel staff.
    JR came second in an archery competion, I was soooo proud of him beating quite a few of much younger men !

Best thing of all was the fact that you didn't get cheap, watered down drinks. The bars served REAL Pernod, good quality whisky like Bells or Grouse, Courvoisier, Baileys, Tia Maria etc. ...... and the measures were very generous! Oh Joy!

A couple more pics here.... Name:  PALMA NOVA 2019 010.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  77.6 KB
    JR on our balcony,
    and
    Name:  PALMA NOVA 2019 007.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  67.6 KB
    Yours truly enjoying a Gin and Tonic in the music lounge bar.

I hope you enjoyed the pics, and I also hope that you are all keeping well, and listening to some good choons.
    Since I have been far away - enjoy this choon!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHXK9glwFBg
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I have to admit, I keep looking in here and seeing Shes post, saying to myself I meed to post something and then I get caught up in the day, Next morning - repeat. Trish, glad you are home again and had a good time on at least one of your trips.

We have had a wet Spring complete with a couple of hail storms. My neighbor across the street took her pickup to be fixed and I followed and brought her back home. The next day she tells me she can go get the truck and it is very cloudy and nasty looking outside. I said we can go anytime, and she says are you sure and I said whenever you are ready, so we climbed in my truck and away we went. About 2 1/2 miles out of town, the hail hit and the road was very muddy. I pulled into a drive and turned around with the thought of saving my windshield. When we got back to town it was all over with, so we started out again. This time we made it. Absolutely no damage to my truck, I couldn't believe it. Lots of muddy roads, but I have auto 4WD so no real problems there and we came home on the paved road. A few miles longer , but much easier to drive. Now my neighbor says we went 4 wheelin in a hail storm. LOL! Lots of people did get damage, but some were in Cheyenne and I'm wondering what effect it had on the wheat, which is just coming up.

My neighbor was given a riding lawn mower for Mother's Day and she was overjoyed. Another neighbor is moving out of town, so he isn't home much and he complained that she hadn't mowed in front of his place, one of those after all I did for her type things. I thought this was kind of funny as I see her out mowing a lot more than I see him. I repeated it to her because It tickled me and Oops! it kind of ticked her off. So yesterday when she was mowing she did in front of his place too. I told her I didn't tell you so you would do that, and she said, I know. So, we will see what he says. He was here for a little bit yesterday, but I don't think he said anything to her. He bought a place on 20 acres out in the country, he just keeps getting angrier about the dog next door to me. ah well! He was at my house a few days ago on park business and Sadie just kept barking at him. I've only seen her react to one other person that way and she's been around our neighbor before and not barked so I don't know if she decided she doesn't like him or he didn't smell right. He is a large man and is loud. I'm puzzled, but I will be watching out for her when he is around. As I said earlier he has a bad attitude now days. Since he got divorced we decided. He made a remark when he was here about not wanting to be at his girlfriend's because it's all menopausal there. Geez!

I bought a new edger/mower yesterday and I should be out breaking it in. Not too hot today, I had to abandoned my sweatshirt yesterday.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Name:  682019yellowstone.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  117.0 KB
    I must dash and get ready for the reunion, but this is from my friend in Yellowstone National Park - today!!
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Name:  682019yellowstone.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  117.0 KB
    I must dash and get ready for the reunion, but this is from my friend in Yellowstone National Park - today!!
    When the caldera gives way it will likely melt it.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings,

Good to see some posts in here looks like you are all keping active, but what you are missing is a bit of music to clear your speaker dust off

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's a song that could have been written for me at the moment...

i've been more negbear than posbear this week.
    Last edited by Posbear; 14th June 2019 at 09:53 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Name:  Sadie 61019.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  79.1 KB

Sadie was 2 last Saturday. We didn't get her picture until Monday, but it came out rather nice.

Posbear - now you got that done (negbear) you can get on with being posbear.

I YDC, Do you?

G'day, y'all!

Yes, coming here still reminds me of Old but not so sad any more - time does heal all wounds. One day I'd like to go back to his posts and see if I could download his personal music from here - anybody have a clue if that could be done?

TRISH - what a miserable way to spend a vacation - cold and rain I'm glad you second one was better! You & JR are looking great and if your picture is anything to go by, I probably would have ate from the dessert bar the entire time - lol!

WYO - I hate driving in the hail more than any other weather, I think because it just sounds SO LOUD!!!! I'm glad there was no damage to your truck. We've only had one rain in the past 6 weeks and my lilies are struggling to bloom. They are predicting rain for the next 3 weeks but I suppose it will wait until I give in and go out to water my lilies before we get a shower or two. The one day it did rain, they had also predicted rain every day that week!

I keep thinking that I need to get on here and post too but like you, I get caught up in the day and wonder where the day went and what did I actually accomplish?? LOL!! I have been spending a lot of time on the phone with my mom. She's been going through some changes (good ones!) and while she has a lot of friends, she is not one to discuss personal feelings and such with anybody except me. I know I won't have her forever, so I'll spend all the time on the phone with her that I can get.

Sounds like your neighbor has a burr up his butt and Sadie would like to remove it - lol!! I feel sorry for the "girlfriend" - if I were her, I'd act "menopausal" to keep him away!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SADIE!!

POSBEAR - I read this somewhere: "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain." ???? I think it has been a hard year for a lot of us but I try to remind myself that if life didn't throw bad times our way, we would never be able to appreciate the good times as much. When Trish sees your post she will tell you to "get your pecker up!". It always cracks me up when I hear her say that to somebody. I'm reminded of of the time when I was a teenager and heard my great-grandmother (from the UK) say it - I was in shock as it means something entirely different here. When I told her what it meant in the US, SHE was in shock!! LOL!!!

I am really missing music in my life and don't know what to do about it. I'm so far out in the country that I don't get a radio signal and I spend most of my time outside these days anyway, so I guess I'll have to see if my old "boom box" still works, gather up some tapes and CDs and play it loud enough so I can hear it where ever I am outside. Most of my neighbors are older than I am so I'll dig up some oldies and maybe they won't mind if they hear it too???

I'm still not moving my usual 90 mph but I'd say I DO have 90% use of my left arm back so I've been trying to catch up with everything that was neglected last year. I've got a few veggies growing. I have a Malabar Spinach vine, that I was given to me in the spring of 2018, growing up a chicken wire "trellis" on my front porch. Last fall I was able to pot it and keep it going all winter. Since they do grow like crazy, it gets just enough sun to grow plenty of leaves for me. I also have a "Tennessee Garden" (TN is the Volunteer State). When I had my helper clean out the chicken coops this past spring there was some corn and tomato seeds in the mix, so I now have corn and tomatoes growing in my compost pile. LOL!!!

I also have lots of babies to take care of. I set two hens on nests and the first hatched 2 chicks. So far the 2nd has hatched 3 and I haven't been out today yet to see if any more have hatched. I've also been wanting (NEEDING!!) some mousers since I retired the ones I had. At first I got 2 males and a week later decided "what the heck" and called the girl I got them from and she still had the 3rd male in the litter, so I have him too. Meet "The Three Stooges":

Name:  100_4433 (640x410).jpg
Views: 28
Size:  303.0 KB

L to R - Moe, Larry and Curly. Moe has mo' white stripe going up his head. It's the only way I can tell him apart from Larry!

Friday I got to bring Buster home:

Name:  100_4435 (640x515).jpg
Size:  379.6 KB

He is sharing a crate with the Stooges so he can get used to cats and won't chase them.

Name:  100_4440 (640x480).jpg
Size:  380.3 KB

The "problem" is that he really likes them and they all play together, trashing the crate, so I've ordered a puppy playpen and hopefully it will be here Monday and I'm not too tired from cleaning up all the spilled water and rounding them up when they have been out to play, to get it set up right away.

Jake thinks I've lost my mind:

Name:  100_4441 (640x524).jpg
Size:  359.6 KB

He's used to cats and when I just had the kittens, he would follow them around and watch them play. He has never seen a puppy before and runs and hides under the end table if Buster tries to get near him. I'd love to know what he's thinking - lol!!!

Sorry if I got too long winded but I don't know when I'll be back here. If it rains the next 3 weeks like they say, I won't have satellite signal and if it doesn't rain, I'll be outside catching up some more. Re-caulking windows, pressure washing the houses and re-painting the old house is next on the list!!

Y'all take care!!

Shes

OH!! I almost forgot - since there is no one around to drink up everything in sight, I've stocked up with a few of my favorites. Help yourselves:

Name:  100_4445 (601x640).jpg
Size:  342.1 KB

Hey everyone!
    Great to see the postings! Some super pet pics, lovely newsy posts, awesome music and very fine drinks! (Thanks so much, I'll take one of each!)
    What more could we ask for?!!!

Pos, me duck, now you just dust yourself off and ditch the negbear bit - we want you back as our Posbear! Great choons there, enjoyed muchly!
    Do please keep those gems coming, I love listenting to other folk's choices of music - and you know exactly how to press the right buttons!
    So, as not to disappoint Shes, I will strongly advise you to keep yer pecker up lad!

Wyo, belated birthday wishes to Sadie - aww, she is so pretty!
    Oooh! You norty girl - out there with your new mower/edger sans sweatshirt - enough to give any male onlookers a real treat .... but watch out for that loud and angry dude (who doesn't smell nice, according to Sadie!) I think Shes is right about the burr up his butt .... haa-haa!!

Shes, the Three Stooges! LOL! I also laughed at the pic of Jake - "Jake thinks I've lost my mind" - yup, he does look rather UN-bemused by Buster, who is just adorable BTW! Great pic of you too, your lovely long blonde hair is awesome! Good news that your arm is improved and you have almost regained full use ...but ... don't overdo it gal! You and Wyo seem to work so very hard on the land, and I'm ashamed that I moan about my meagre gardening tasks in comparison to what you girls do.

Coping OK here with the extended family members (including dogs) .... but would really like my home to be back to normal instead of looking like 'the river's' despatching warehouse! sigh .....

Here's a few choons to enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqP7GZHfMkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKy...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqP7GZHfMkg
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information