Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Will eBid penalize me if I get a request while my stores are on Vacation Setting?

Default Will eBid penalize me if I get a request while my stores are on Vacation Setting?

I haven't run into this situation before, and I can't find an answer in the FAQs or previous threads.

We are going on a two-week vacation, leaving in a few days. A new buyer (zero feedback) bought two stamps from me on Sunday, and hasn't paid for them or requested an invoice yet. I know stamp buyers like to take their time, so I usually wait at least a week before I even nudge them. I sent an email to this buyer, explaining that he can take his time, but please do not request an invoice until I open the stores again.

If this new member does send an invoice request while I'm gone, will I be disciplined by eBid if I don't respond to the request for two weeks? It's my understanding that buyers can communicate with our stores even when we use the Vacation Setting.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Will eBid penalize me if I get a request while my stores are on Vacation Setting?

If I remember rightly [as it's happened to me in the past] if a buyer communicates with you via a listing that is on hold whilst on a Holiday/No Bids setting, you can also send an answer.

Nowadays if I have a query, I also copy my answer by email to a buyer with a 'Note to Myself' in the ASL.

Another good reason to have the Holiday Notice in bright and larger text as it used to be.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Will eBid penalize me if I get a request while my stores are on Vacation Setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    If I remember rightly [as it's happened to me in the past] if a buyer communicates with you via a listing that is on hold whilst on a Holiday/No Bids setting, you can also send an answer.

Nowadays if I have a query, I also copy my answer by email to a buyer with a 'Note to Myself' in the ASL.

Another good reason to have the Holiday Notice in bright and larger text as it used to be.
    Sorry Annie but I get the impression that Tias will be incomunicado for 2 weeks.

So, any questions asked/invoice requests will be blocked until their return and the shops are re-opened.

NOTE - This is the second forum thread I've tried to answer this evening but I get the text without any spaces.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

If this new member does send an invoice request while I'm gone, will I be disciplined by eBid if I don't respond to the request for two weeks? It's my understanding that buyers can communicate with our stores even when we use the Vacation Setting.
    It would be nice if someone from Admin would clarify this, as you have searched and not found a definitive answer. On the rare occasion that I get to vaca, the last thing I want to be doing is searching for a computer every day to check eBid to avoid being penalized for something.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I haven't run into this situation before, and I can't find an answer in the FAQs or previous threads.

We are going on a two-week vacation, leaving in a few days. A new buyer (zero feedback) bought two stamps from me on Sunday, and hasn't paid for them or requested an invoice yet. I know stamp buyers like to take their time, so I usually wait at least a week before I even nudge them. I sent an email to this buyer, explaining that he can take his time, but please do not request an invoice until I open the stores again.

i
    think your getting yourself into a tizzy , you have sent the buyer an email explaining the situation, you could of also sent the buyer a invoice and again explained you are away, shipping if the item is paid for will be as soon as you get back, ect, presumably you have also set your store/listings to holiday mode, the most important thing you have done that is to communicate with you buyer, the only thing thats not clear is, you said you sent your buyer an email, did you send it via the ASL? I WOULD ALWAYS SEND COMMUICATIONS via the ASL.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have vacation setting, you are OK.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information