eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Trustpilot

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Trustpilot

Hi everyone, a little request ..

We've been targeted by a few disgruntled users who it seems have vented their anger straight on Trustpilot instead of coming to see us first.

This is frustrating for us as we are not given the chance to help them out. May we ask that if you are reading this then please drop us a line via Help > Contact Us and give us a chance to help before leaving your review.

Review sites are becoming a more and more important part of search engine results pages and an unhealthy and biased view does not help us out at all. In fact it can be detrimental to traffic and possible new buyers coming to eBid in the future.

Of course we understand that in a perfect world we wouldn't receive negative reviews but many reviews we receive seem to be reviewing the other party in a transaction, eg. a buyer leaving eBid a bad review because the refund policy of a seller on eBid was not agreeable to them.

Many Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Trustpilot

You've only just realised? The issue has been raised many times over the years on the forums.

Clearly a lot (not all) of the poor reviews are based on pig ignorance or simply sour grapes. Only you can respond to them and counter with the truth of the matter. Probably something you need to give more time to?
    Last edited by astral276; 20th June 2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Tpyo

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You've only just realised? The issue has been raised many times over the years on the forums.

Clearly a lot (not all) of the poor reviews are based on pig ignorance or simply sour grapes. Only you can respond to them and counter with the truth of the matter. Probably something you need to give more time to?
    They have responded to some of the reviews, take a look!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sogobuymugs View Post
    They have responded to some of the reviews, take a look!
    Already looked and am aware eBid has made a few responses, but they need to respond to any negative review if they have a defence or an explanation of where the user went wrong; otherwise only one side (likely the false side) is heard. If they have no rebuttal then apologise.
    Last edited by astral276; 20th June 2016 at 07:44 PM.

I forget how I stumbled across Trustpilot, but gave a review for eBid and was surprised this morning when I got a notice that someone fund it helpful, so I edited my review and added "If you join, look up Shesawaya38485" - might bring some shoppers to my store?? - and it was approved and posted.

I see there have been a lot of good reviews since this post was started and we now have an 8.2 out of 10 rating. The "ugly reviews" that have been replied to by eBid are down to page 3 now.

If you haven't "reviewed" yet, here's the link: https://www.trustpilot.com/

More good reviews will help the overall rating and push the bad ones down the line even farther. There are 2 "bad" reviews on the first page - wish I could respond - lol!!!

Astral - I agree that any negative reviews should be addressed by the eBid staff but with the numerous review sites out there, they would probably need a full time person just to keep track, so I am going to keep an eye on Trustpilot and will bring any negative reviews to the attention of customer service - hopefully they will find a few minutes to reply to them.

Thread Information