Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About nancysohana
    View nancysohana's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members

Hello ebidders, I'm from the New York City tri-state area. I've been buying and selling on "the other site" for many years using the same user id, and thought it was time to try something new. Feel free to check me out, I'm very proud of my near perfect ratings and will continue to work hard to maintain my customer's trust. Looking forward to a great adventure of selling on the site and meeting all of you.

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by nancysohana View Post
    Hello ebidders, I'm from the New York City tri-state area. I've been buying and selling on "the other site" for many years using the same user id, and thought it was time to try something new. Feel free to check me out, I'm very proud of my near perfect ratings and will continue to work hard to maintain my customer's trust. Looking forward to a great adventure of selling on the site and meeting all of you.

Welcome neighbor! Hope you come to love eBid as much as I do.
    Wishing you much success here.

Forum Newbie
    View Ave's Feedback (+1907)
    All-About Ave
    View Ave's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gazza,

Though I joined ages ago, it was only recently i became a 'lifetime member' and opened my stores.Being new in that sense, I gradually got over 800 listings done , one by one , over a 4 month period of time. I thought the way I set my auctions up was ok, according to my understanding of the rules, as I had a social site I own that Ihad previously attempted to turn into ecommerce but it was too time consuming and not working so instead I opened my stores here and cross referenced both site so my viewers there would know to come to my ebid store and those at my ebid store coulde easily return to my social site which I use for promos.
    Unfortunately it appeared like it was an ecommerce to ebid and all my auctions were deleted so i was back to square one in rewriting my auctions and reposting them.
    I shortened the subcategories of my stores to try and make the process faster but its proven to be exhauting and I have less than 80 auctions completed and find it will once again take me months to redo all the work that was removed by ebid.
    Now I find another issue - I had posted some silverware into one of my stores, same as I had listed for my jewelry store and not sure but may have promoted it once in the beginning but when I set it for reposting, was certain it was reset to be like the rest so it should have been included in my lifetime membership.
    Now I just received a bill for $35 for it supposedly being featured, yet I never saw it featured nor did I set it to relist as featured so am confused as to if and how and why I am being charged for featured when actually all my auctions had been deleted by Ebid prior which included that one.
    The only recent sales I had were in December from a friend from my promo site ArtRave but that is the site I believe Ebid used to justify deleting 4 months of my work online.
    If this is how ebid operates, then I am not the only one at fault here and guess buying a lifetime membership was a big mistake. I never had this kind of conflict on ebay, plunderhere, webidz, bonanza or any of my other sites. I put more time and effort into getting started at Ebid yet am beginning to feel sabotaged .
    I guess this ,may be the end for me here unless this can be rectified and I can find some assurance that my auctions wont be deleted again as there is way too much time and effort that goes into listing them one by one.
    Some people may know how to use the bulk lister thing but I dont and know I am not the only person who does auctions who isnt saavy on that sort of thing. The most techy I get is a copy and paste of similar auctions or when I relist, to use the same previous auction and just change the pics and names of the similar items.
    I have never been one to feel particularly picked on but looking at my acct the passed 4 months since I became a life time member and the amount of work I did to try and sell along with all the promotions I did to bring viewers from my site to this site and then being suspended for the cross promotion link back to my original site which by the way has a main tab that brings people from ArtRave to Ebid- then having all those auctions deleted -- that was crippling to me.
    Now this supposed $35 for featuring the tea set is definitely wrong and if it was result of auto reposting of the original auction, there should not have been an automatic repost of the featuring charge as that should have been an option to re-add if wanted and I was totally unaware that I was supposedly being featured as I never saw any evidence of either and was unaware I was being charged any further as the item sat in my ebid store and only got viewers when i tweeted or facebooked it and in between had no views . i never saw anywhere that i was being charged for additional features, especially since I made the auction to be short.
    If this can be dealt with I will continue to work with ebid but am at an age now that I can not be bothered with repeating my work again and again as time is precious at my age and my hope had been to get all my sales listed and then be able to take a break and just wait til they someday would sell and not to have to keep relisting and being hit also with extra charges and suspensions and all sorts of other things that I find are making it hard for me to recommend ebid as a place for Americans to list at since most buyers are not.
    I had such high hopes for working with ebid and now am uncertain after so much apparently wasted efforts.

Ave

Ave, sorry you are having so many issues. It may be best to contact eBid directly via email rather than posting to the forums. You can contact eBid support via Help at the top of the page or support@ebid.net

Hope you are able to work it all out.

BTW, I noticed the pictures in your listings have an outside website on them. This is against the eBid posting rules. You can find more details here
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 23rd February 2015 at 03:02 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Sell2015
    View Sell2015's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    eBid would like to welcome all new buyers and sellers, say hi, leave a message, tell us where you're from and how you came to be an eBid member. Just click the add reply button above and leave a little message to introduce yourself, where you'e from, how you found eBid, other auction experiences etc..

G
    Hello.
    I'm spanish
    I am a new user and would like to sell and to buy products and I expect to have no problem in the matter. Thank you very much.

Hola.
    Soy español.
    Soy un nuevo usuario y me gustaría vender y comprar productos y no tener problemas con nadie.
    Muchas Gracias.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid! Nice to have you here....and you really need to remove your ecommerce link (not allowed), and the pic, as you are promoting a non-eBid commercial site on it, and I'd hate to see your post removed.

Click the help button at the top right of any page, look on the left, and check out the helpful FAQ's and videos, esp the Listing and selling....
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    View Zeus2013's Feedback (+140)
    All-About Zeus2013
    View Zeus2013's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello all, great to meet you all. I live in the beautiful county of Cornwall UK. Have recently started on Ebid, no sales yet but hopefully soon. Still adding lots of items to my shops so lots and lost still to do. But you can see a few listings that I have put on so far.

http://uk.ebid.net/users/Zeus2013
    http://ukebid.net/items/Zeus2013

Hello
    I am from Maine and I enjoy shopping, buying, finding bargains and trying new ways to sell my items. I am going to check this ebid site and see if this is site that could help me do just that. Hope everyone is having a great day. Smile and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by treasuresNbargains View Post
    Hello
    I am from Maine and I enjoy shopping, buying, finding bargains and trying new ways to sell my items. I am going to check this ebid site and see if this is site that could help me do just that. Hope everyone is having a great day. Smile and be happy.
    eBid is a great place to land. Welcome! And wishing you much success here.

Forum Newbie
    All-About albaugh94
    View albaugh94's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I've arrived and none too soon!! I'm ready to do some selling!!

Thread Information