Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed first time here

All-About Avon.online
    View Avon.online's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Help needed first time here

Hi having had enough of greedbay, I have now made my way here.
    To be honest I find everything very confusing the layout of the site...
    I have some questions

1. When I go to list a item what does recurring
    SELLER+ 7 Day mean ? £1.99
    I just want to try listing a single item to see if it will sell, I don't want to be signing up for a subscription of any kind, it tells me to enter my card details but I need to be sure first.
    This needs to be made more clear.

2. Having enough of Ebay I would also like to try buying here, but I can't see any buyer protection terms and conditions, do I get protected by ebid if I buy a item and it's not sent or not as described?
    I'm wary because I can see no information on this.
    Also is paypal the only thing used by sellers?

3. I also find the search very confusing why is it showing me items from other countries in the search?

4. Is there any form of customer support here? Like who runs this site? If I needed help as a buyer or seller who could help me?

Anyway hope someone could answer these questions.

Thanks, nice to meet you All.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help needed first time here

Quote Originally Posted by Avon.online View Post
    I have some questions

I just want to try listing a single item to see if it will sell, I don't want to be signing up for a subscription of any kind, it tells me to enter my card details but I need to be sure first.

2. Having enough of Ebay I would also like to try buying here, but I can't see any buyer protection terms and conditions, do I get protected by ebid if I buy a item and it's not sent or not as described?

3. I also find the search very confusing why is it showing me items from other countries in the search?

4. Is there any form of customer support here? Like who runs this site? If I needed help as a buyer or seller who could help me?

Hi! Welcome to the Forum!

re confusing layout of the site - just like going to different supermarkets?
    I know the feeling but this site is easy to navigate after a little while.
    I'll do my best to answer your questions:

1. For no subscription of any kind just upgrade from Buyer to Seller. (just remember you won't get the extras that an upgraded a/c will give you.)
    Types of accounts are clearly laid out in the Help section. (button top right of page).

2. eBid is a selling platform just like eBay.
    Buyer/Seller protection is afforded by Paypal. (in both venues)
    Sellers choose their own preferred methods of payment.

3. If you wish to narrow your search field use the Advanced Search Bar (Green, top of page)

4. Customer Support is human. Real, live guys who respond quickly with advice & solutions. (unlike bots elsewhere). For eBid ownership details & other facts google eBid..... As well as Support the Forum Members also offer assistance if asked. There is also lots of help available via the Help button (top right), FAQ's and Video's and multiple threads.

Nice to meet you too.

Edit: it is a common mistake for folk to assume that all online sites function in the same way. Taking time out to get to know any new venue pays dividends in the longer term.

Last edited by cheaver; 6th January 2015 at 08:10 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avon.online View Post
    I have some questions

What Cheaver said. Once you register as a buyer (free, takes very little time) or seller, if you upgrade within 24 hours you can get a discount on your membership. For more info. about different membership levels:

http://us.ebid.net/help_register.php#1a

Cheaver is spot on about member protection, eBid is a selling platform (like TOS), the buyer protection comes from Paypal or your credit card co. or however you choose to pay. Sellers can accept whichever forms of payment they choose, Paypal is popular (at least here in the U.S.) but many sellers use Skrill and other payment options in addition to/instead of Paypal.

As Cheaver said, you can narrow your searches by using the advanced search option, you can search by area, keywords, item condition, etc..

eBid is run by real people who answer member queries in a timely and helpful fashion. You can contact support at: support@ebid.net if you have questions or concerns about the site, in addition to posting on the forum.

Oh and just an FYI, if you list items using the auction format, make sure to start the item at the lowest price you'd be willing to accept, as there aren't a lot of bidding wars here (except YDC charity auctions) as yet.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 6th January 2015 at 11:36 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seller+ 7 day recurring means eBid with automatically charge your CC the weekly amount due every week until you decide to downgrade to buyer status - this will stop the weekly fee payments.

I am also new here. I joined in April but haven't looked at it until the New Year. I have commented in another thread that it is "different", but this is "normal".

I can't say how successful it is, just that as I get used to it, it becomes more obvious how to do things, and they are really quite simple. I plumped for the membership offer.

In relation to does it work? There are sellers on here who have a lot of sales...I just need to see if I can do the same, and that will apply to you as well. We can learn together.

Janners

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you will be selling Avon online, as your name implies, I will be one of your customers for a start. We don't have an Avon rep in our local area.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

View HDLuckyLady's Feedback (+392)
    All-About HDLuckyLady
    View HDLuckyLady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd also like to add this:

The reason that you see info on eBay about buyer protection is because they OWN PayPal and are basically one entity. Protection does come from the payment venue, not the auction site. Paypal is so deeply ingrained in eBay that they "fight" together to make buyers happy.
    Love jewelry? Love motorcycles? Me too! Check out http://harley-biker-shop.ebid.net/

Keep the rubber side down!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    re confusing layout of the site - just like going to different supermarkets?
    I like that simile, I may steal it.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HDLuckyLady View Post
    I'd also like to add this:

The reason that you see info on eBay about buyer protection is because they OWN PayPal and are basically one entity. Protection does come from the payment venue, not the auction site. Paypal is so deeply ingrained in eBay that they "fight" together to make buyers happy.
    I thought that Ebay had separated from Paypal.

View HDLuckyLady's Feedback (+392)
    All-About HDLuckyLady
    View HDLuckyLady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Love jewelry? Love motorcycles? Me too! Check out http://harley-biker-shop.ebid.net/

Keep the rubber side down!

Thread Information