Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: My Ebid how to default settings - selling+watching+sold etc

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question My Ebid how to default settings - selling+watching+sold etc

Hello, I cannot figure out how to set my 'dashboard' (Ebid homepage) defaults. I want : selling + sold + watching + bidding + won etc all to show everytime I land on my 'my Ebid' page without having to click around to see each section. At the moment my dashboard only shows random other ebid listings which is not really any use at all. How ? ( I am shifting EVERYTHING over from 'the other place' at the moment and it feels GOOD! Lol : )

I also want to set EVERYTHING to UK ONLY both buying AND selling so that I dont ever get to see US listings when I search, I am not interested in buying or selling outside UK and never will be, so is this possible to do?
    Last edited by Golde; 10th November 2014 at 12:11 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: My Ebid how to default settings - selling+watching+sold etc

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Hello, I cannot figure out how to set my 'dashboard' (Ebid homepage) defaults. I want : selling + sold + watching + bidding + won etc all to show everytime I land on my 'my Ebid' page without having to click around to see each section. At the moment my dashboard only shows random other ebid listings which is not really any use at all. How ? ( I am shifting EVERYTHING over from 'the other place' at the moment and it feels GOOD! Lol : )

I also want to set EVERYTHING to UK ONLY both buying AND selling so that I dont ever get to see US listings when I search, I am not interested in buying or selling outside UK and never will be, so is this possible to do?
    Your dashboard has tabs at the top, sold, bought ect, i dont think you can have them all enabled at once, so you click on the one you want, eg sold, this will then be the default tab if its the last one you have enabled before you leave the page,

if you only want to sell to the uk then on the listing page you set the postage only for the uk , so your listings will not be seen in a country you dont ship too, if some one from brazil signs into ebid uk they will see your listings but cant buy because you dont ship to brazil,

you can do a advanced search for all countries or one of your choice, this is a one off search under advanced and will not be a default.

if a seller from abroad sells international then there listings will appear in search results on the ebid sites they ship too. i dont think as a buyer you can change this.
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 10th November 2014 at 02:04 PM.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK, thanks all really helpful! Actually it is as a buyer that getting the US search results annoys me the most, as the results seem to be so US heavy which puts me of bothering to even search as I have a slow connection. I am not interested in buying anything from the US. We are in Europe and so can buy most things from this side of the pond lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    OK, thanks all really helpful! Actually it is as a buyer that getting the US search results annoys me the most, as the results seem to be so US heavy which puts me of bothering to even search as I have a slow connection. I am not interested in buying anything from the US. We are in Europe and so can buy most things from this side of the pond lol!
    I tend to use the 'sort' - distance, nearest to me

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I tend to use the 'sort' - distance, nearest to me
    Interesting. Can't say I have ever tried that - but just did. It doesn't seem to work. Items are still in the Time Remaining: Low to High order.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Interesting. Can't say I have ever tried that - but just did. It doesn't seem to work. Items are still in the Time Remaining: Low to High order.
    It just worked fine for me.... I put in Stamp, distance within 25 miles of my postcode.

Name:  Postcode.png
Views: 48
Size:  2.7 KB
    edit: but sort was as you say, time low to high but there are options to easily change that.
    Last edited by cheaver; 11th November 2014 at 01:54 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    It just worked fine for me.... I put in Stamp, distance within 25 miles of my postcode.
    I meant on doing a search (e.g. beads), and then selecting the sort option from the dropdown just above the results. The page refreshes but the sort order is unaffected.
    Last edited by astral276; 11th November 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I meant on doing a search (e.g. beads), and then selecting the sort option from the dropdown just above the results. The page refreshes but the sort order is unaffected.
    I see what you mean. All the options bar one worked for me - the exception being the distance one.
    In my earlier post I had gone via the Advanced route which did work.

Have just looked at something else and sorted by the distance from me and it works fine, tells me how many miles it is from my postcode.

Thread Information