Thread: Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBid Refuses to Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Scenario:

New buyer purchases 2 items (or anything up to 10). In the majority of cases covering a wide range of products on eBid they would have to wait for an invoice for combined shipping, if the seller doesn't give them an invoice within 30 minutes then the sale can't happen.

Is that correct? .....
    Thats the way I see it working in its current suggested implementation form.

So to save the odd seller from the odd Non Paying Buyer the system will prevent many hundreds or thousands of genuine buyers from completeing their first purchases from the eBid site.

The simple solution is to set the default setting for Immediate Payment Required to Off.

Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post

So to save the odd seller from the odd Non Paying Buyer the system will prevent many hundreds or thousands of genuine buyers from completing their first purchases from the eBid site.

The simple solution is to set the default setting for Immediate Payment Required to Off.

Yes agreed.

---

The implications to buyer and seller confidence in eBid if introduced as suggested would be quite severe.

Non paying buyers are unfortunate and can be annoying, however the reaction from sellers in seeing eBid cancel legitimate sales would be far more explosive than getting a non paying buyer.

The overwhelming vast majority of sellers will not read the forum and will not read the newsletter - the first they will know of this policy is finding out that eBid has cancelled their sales.

Buyers will blame the sellers for cancelling the sale and not letting them purchase.

It would be just about impossible for anyone with a SELLER account can get a sale completed with a new buyer because there is no integrated payment. So those upgrades to SELLER+ are unlikely to happen through lack of confidence.

Those who opt out would not be directly affected - but we would be affected indirectly on a massive scale. As I mentioned earlier: A new buyer who makes their first two purchases from a seller who has this policy (which they didn't realise they had) will likely find that the transaction fails - buyer would just lose all confidence in the site. Those initial 2 purchases can lead to 100's more which now won't happen.

A small fraction of sellers should be using instant payment - let them choose to use it when introduced.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why has a simple thing like allowing a seller request IPR on any item they wish turned into this chaos.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

So to save the odd seller from the odd Non Paying Buyer the system will prevent many hundreds or thousands of genuine buyers from completeing their first purchases from the eBid site.

Absolutely

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

not a fan of immediate payment required , if its gonna be there i agree the default setting should be off,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes agreed.

---

The implications to buyer and seller confidence in eBid if introduced as suggested would be quite severe.

Non paying buyers are unfortunate and can be annoying, however the reaction from sellers in seeing eBid cancel legitimate sales would be far more explosive than getting a non paying buyer.

The overwhelming vast majority of sellers will not read the forum and will not read the newsletter - the first they will know of this policy is finding out that eBid has cancelled their sales.

Buyers will blame the sellers for cancelling the sale and not letting them purchase.

It would be just about impossible for anyone with a SELLER account can get a sale completed with a new buyer because there is no integrated payment. So those upgrades to SELLER+ are unlikely to happen through lack of confidence.

Those who opt out would not be directly affected - but we would be affected indirectly on a massive scale. As I mentioned earlier: A new buyer who makes their first two purchases from a seller who has this policy (which they didn't realise they had) will likely find that the transaction fails - buyer would just lose all confidence in the site. Those initial 2 purchases can lead to 100's more which now won't happen.

A small fraction of sellers should be using instant payment - let them choose to use it when introduced.
    Plenty of food for thought in your post.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

My two cents.......Agree with Dean.....Have it "off" and if sellers want to use that option, they can turn it on.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

I myself don't use immediate payment required, but think that those who want to use it should be able to do so.
    With that being said, here is my 2 cents on how it should work.

1. There should be no restrictions applied to the buyers. (Most important part)
    2. Put a tick box on the listing form. (if a seller wants to use immediate payment for that item they would just tick the box, sellers may not want immediate payment on all their items)
    3. When a buyer clicks the buy button on an item that requires immediate payment, a pop up box should open stating that the seller requires immediate payment for the item & to click continue to proceed to checkout.

As another poster stated this simple feature has been turned into a chaotic nightmare.

Scenario:

New buyer purchases 2 items (or anything up to 10). In the majority of cases covering a wide range of products on eBid they would have to wait for an invoice for combined shipping, if the seller doesn't give them an invoice within 30 minutes then the sale can't happen.

Is that correct?

Whilst this would not directly affect me because of the opt out and I have MIC - I have to ask because I am surprised no one else is.
    The default should be OFF. Those sellers who want it can opt in easily.

Those eBid sellers who don't browse the forum are going to be caught unaware, those of us who don't spend 24 hours a day on our computers are going to be caught unaware, only those sellers who want to use it will be happy. This is a CHANGE. I spent enough years designing computer systems to know that a CHANGE should have the least harmful default setting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    As far as I am aware, when a customer purchases an item, they receive an automatic email notification from eBid with the items details including payment buttons to pay - I think this has been the problem for some of my customers when they keep purchasing multiple items and paying right away for each one as they go along, instead of waiting for a combined invoice from me giving them reduced shipping costs - I get the impression they think I am requesting immediate payment from them. Is it not possible to leave out those payment buttons altogether?
    Hmmm . . . is this an "improvement" we weren't told about?. My last purchase was early in September, and I don't see any payment buttons on my notification email. I do see this:

"What Now? Visit the After Sale Log (ASL) to progress.
    See any immediate payment options available to you.
    Contact the seller.
    Request an invoice for multiple purchases."

This is followed by a link to the Buyer's dashboard.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

All this to appease a very few sellers who want immediate payment.
    IF we must have this new system it is absolutely imperative that the default must be OFF.

Thread Information