eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving credit card payments instead of paypal?

Forum Newbie
    Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    All-About EZSports
    View EZSports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Receiving credit card payments instead of paypal?

If I put accepted payments = credit/debit card, instead of paypal... how do I receive the payment at the end of the auction??

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Receiving credit card payments instead of paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by EZSports View Post
    If I put accepted payments = credit/debit card, instead of paypal... how do I receive the payment at the end of the auction??
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe the CC payments would still go through Paypal.

I took a quick look at your listing, you have no images whatsoever of your protein product, consider adding one as most buyers won't bother looking.

Also, consider editing your title to include what the actual product is ie protein powder. When I first read the title, I had no idea what it was.

Also, reconsider your start price to start at an amount you would be comfortable accepting with 1 bid because there are no bidding wars here on eBid - at least only a miniscule amount - you'll make a loss if you don't (that's assuming if anyone is interested in your listing with no images).

Try and add shipping info to the countries you are willing to ship to. Most eBidders don't want to ask questions about an auction, they prefer as much info on the page as possible. Although the shipping states, see description, you don't have any info on shipping.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 19th January 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EZSports View Post
    If you claim to accept credit card payments it means you take them directly, which involves having a Merchant Account with a service provider. If you haven't got one you'll need to remove the option.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If you claim to accept credit card payments it means you take them directly, which involves having a Merchant Account with a service provider. If you haven't got one you'll need to remove the option.
    Thanks Kim

Forum Newbie
    View mhbayer's Feedback (+816)
    All-About mhbayer
    View mhbayer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to know if ebid accepts merchant account. I have signed up with Merchant One and I have a gateway. I asked Merchant one but they recommended I contact Ebid support. Any help will be appreciated.

In short, I would like the customer to have the ability to pay with a credit card rather than go through PayPal. The question is how do I link up my account. If it is not possible I need to cancel my merchant One Account. The name of my ebid account is Bayer Computer Solutions Inc.

Thanks in advance,
    M Bayer

I am going to ask ebid support about accepting credit/debit card payments without going through PayPal. it mystifies me why it is so difficult to add almost any legitimate payment method. Surely ebid want us to make sales and give them their profit.
    After 9 months; trying every combination of pricing, discounting, lost leader pricing, post free, make an offer, ensuring Google listing, good photos and descriptions... I am convinced it is payment method that inhibits potential buyers.
    Now we don't have Google checkout I will add Skrill but what else can I try??

Forum Lurker
    View daysailer55's Feedback (+251)
    All-About daysailer55
    View daysailer55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StudioNeesha View Post
    I am going to ask ebid support about accepting credit/debit card payments without going through PayPal. it mystifies me why it is so difficult to add almost any legitimate payment method. Surely ebid want us to make sales and give them their profit.

After 9 months; trying every combination of pricing, discounting, lost leader pricing, post free, make an offer, ensuring Google listing, good photos and descriptions... I am convinced it is payment method that inhibits potential buyers.
    Uhm, you might want to fill in your 'All About' page with your business practices and a professional photo. It will instil trust with your buyers. Right now it is completely blank. List shipping policies, return policies, payments accepted..........

Take a look at my 'All About' page if you need clues. Please don't plagariaze it though - I worked hard to craft it. Write using 3 sentence paragraphs and have a blank space between paragraphs. Have bold headings between different subject matters. Use black type on white background.

You can choose to invoice your buyers with any payment you choose. It just won't always be integrated with eBid. I miss Google Checkout but one sure thing about life - things always change. I signed up for Square with my smartphone. I can invoice with that. It's not integrated but I can still accept credit cards if I chose to. I use Square to accept payments at my farmers market booth and craft fairs.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StudioNeesha View Post
    PPPay, PayPal and Skrill are you options for receiving immediate payment via eBid.

We did include Amazon Payments but had to stop as they do not allow payment for auctions.

We did include Google Checkout/Wallet until they closed it down.

The "credit/debit card" payment option can be used by sellers who have their own merchant account and can take card payments manually.

If there is another payment processor you would like to see included as a checkout option on eBid then let us know and we'll take a look..

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thanks for lots of useful info. I have taken your advice and spent time filling out my about-me-page (NOT copying yours!) and will add more as I find time.
    I am particularly interested in your "payment options" approach and will study it closely.
    Can't thank you enough

Thread Information