Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for ebid - No 3 - Target Large sellers

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some ideas for ebid - No 3 - Target Large sellers

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Fully agree with your comments concerning google. Unfortunately do not have enough time or energy to take up lobbying activities. Just looking for ways to increase my sales levels, like a lot of sellers I suppose.
    google is a huge search engine it has its shopping web site its not that well known to the general public and were supposed to be a partner with them, i think were all in broad agreement on this, then its ebid as a whole you me management need to take a look at this . i cant see google losing out, how hard would it be for example for google to advertise its shopping site on every normal google search results page for example by a colour banner at the top of the page . im pretty certain if google did get its act together we would see a large increase in traffic , without having start changing names , offer big sellers incentives, ect, are main advertisers need to sharpen up
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

google generic page = top of every page

EG looking to buy ? try are comparison shopping web site. google shopping .com google shopping .co . uk
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Google does not have a shopping site!

If it did, we are all in trouble.

It has a Shopping Comparison site called now Google Shopping.

There are many other shopping comparison sites.

I actually don't think this would be a bad idea. Getting larger sellers on here would, in turn, get them to promote to their "followers" and "fans", and could help eBid out in the long run...it would be a very inexpensive form of promotion. I'm just not sure on luring them over with temporary discounts, or things of that ilk, because if sales are weak during that "trial" period, they'd probably just jump ship and go back to where they came from.

I like the idea that people should want to come over here because of the existing set-up, and that they shouldn't need to be lured over here with gimmicks and bribes, but that's not always the case. Sometimes people do need to be forced to get out of their comfort zone. Sure, lower fees look great on paper, but I'm sure the larger sellers elsewhere are thinking, "I'm doing just fine selling on this site, even with the high fees, so why would I go to eBid and chance losing that?"

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think it could be a good plan, but it's also a slippery slope. If people are doing just fine elsewhere, they probably won't want to come here, lower fees or not. Always worth a shot, though.

I always say it's addition to their arsonal. In my package letters I say...Many of the same Great sellers with even more Great items. Lower fees make for lower costs and prices for all. The savings are huge and the site is the Best!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

While some on here don't want large sellers, they seem to be happy with small hobby sellers for some reason.

There are others who would like some large sellers to bring more listings and more buyers.

The reason I say there has to be some incentive is that have not come to ebid yet, so why will they come now ?

I just suggested an incentive get them to join ebid and start listing, for a few months. Then if they started selling things, they would obiously keep listing as ebid's selling fees are lower.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    While some on here don't want large sellers, they seem to be happy with small hobby sellers for some reason.

There are others who would like some large sellers to bring more listings and more buyers.

The reason I say there has to be some incentive is that have not come to ebid yet, so why will they come now ?

I just suggested an incentive get them to join ebid and start listing, for a few months. Then if they started selling things, they would obiously keep listing as ebid's selling fees are lower.
    Wow, there are a lot of assumptions in that post!

If I had the time and inclination I could list 10's of thousands of products.....but I really don't see the point.

Google shopping is going to show up the exact same items, both from here and my own websites.

Also, I hate peepal with a passion! So it makes sense to me to use my own Merchant Services to accept card payments.(Can I do that on eBid.....NO)

As said, without the inside track on how folk want to run their own businesses....it's just pure speculation!

Yvonne

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Wow, there are a lot of assumptions in that post!

If I had the time and inclination I could list 10's of thousands of products.....but I really don't see the point.

Google shopping is going to show up the exact same items, both from here and my own websites.

Also, I hate peepal with a passion! So it makes sense to me to use my own Merchant Services to accept card payments.(Can I do that on eBid.....NO)

As said, without the inside track on how folk want to run their own businesses....it's just pure speculation!

Yvonne
    If I had the time and inclination I could list many products where there are under 5 listings on ebid and thousands on ebay.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    If I had the time and inclination I could list many products where there are under 5 listings on ebid and thousands on ebay.
    Who needs to be confused by thousands. 5 would be sufficient if they were competitively priced.
    What chance of your item being chosen by a buyer if it is swamped by thousands.

I wonder if sellers are forgetting the sequence in which items are listed on eBid? I just did a search for an item I have listed, a relatively common coin that will close tomorrow. It's third from the top. After it's reposted it will drop to the bottom. If a very large seller lists lots of items as "run until sold" they will all be at the bottom. If they actively manage them, they'll get the same sequence as the rest of us. I don't see any favoritism.

Thread Information