Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Allow login with Paypal only

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Allow login with Paypal only

It is exactly what my website does - can't see it being an issue from an implimentation point of view on here.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargaincare View Post
    I should add that this could only apply to Buy It Now-type listings. You wouldn't be allowed to bid in an auction without a proper membership.
    Why the difference?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About bargaincare
    View bargaincare's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, there's a level of commitment and trust when you bid in an auction. You're not paying at the moment you bid, so there has to be some form of comeback if you win and don't pay. I would have thought things would get out of control pretty quickly if you let anyone bid for anything without knowing who they were. Shill bids from dodgy sellers would be a big risk too.

It's a lot like the real world - if I want to buy something I go in a shop and hand over the cash - they don't care who I am. If I go to an auction then they want to verify who I am before they'll give me a bidder number.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good point..................yet nothing to keep someone from doing a BIN and then not paying.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About bargaincare
    View bargaincare's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would need to be setup so you haven't bought something until you've paid for it.

Almost any site allows you to put what you want in your basket even without knowing who you are, but it's not yours until it's paid for. I don't know how they deal with stock control - perhaps you give a buyer some kind of reservation only while their browser remains open. It's a problem that's already been solved for any standard shopping website though.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many sellers have requested the option of immediate payment required for bin purchases. Those not wanting to use the option would simply opt out or not opt in. Often when I shop on line for bin purchases, I have no other option but to pay now. Shopping cart is available for multiple purchases; so the issue of one's buyers wanting more than one item is fully addressed.

I really do like the idea of stream-lining the buying process using Paypal. There are issues with any process that is used, but that does not negate the overall benefit.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recall purchasing from a seller, who apparently had set up their own Google shopping cart. They were intercepted by Google, and I was warned that the cart was problematic, and the seller was instructed to fix the problem. They fixed the problem, and apologized. I would tend to believe that such an issue could possibly arise using Paypal. This is why I stated that issues can occur no matter what process is utilized.

Forum Newbie
    All-About LittleBuddhaEnt
    View LittleBuddhaEnt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Allow login with Paypal only

Hi Sean,

I did just read your thread on the eBay PowerSeller Board (UK) and would like to thank you for taking the time to inform your fellow sufferers about eBid.

Regarding your suggestion of allowing PayPal customers to log in with PayPal only I have to admit that this would be a brilliant idea as it works with other venues/sites as well and I have (admittedly for this matter as a buyer only) very good experiences by using PayPal as a payment method without joining registering a site as it is obviously very convenient and time saving and should certainly considered by eBid worth a try to boost sales.

I wish all readers and fellow sellers a splendid and successful day, a nice weekend and a - hopefully - prosperous future on eBid

Gunter

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargaincare View Post
    I'm completely new to eBid and currently have a shop on eBay. I started this discussion here...

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...to-buy-on-ebid

And was told to post here with this suggestion.

In a nutshell: I think you'd get many more new buyers, especially eBay converts, if you were to find a way of allowing non-members of your site to login with nothing more than their Paypal membership, for delivery to their Paypal address.

This would be kind of a fast-track "guest" membership, that would allow people to try buying something quickly and simply. You could then follow this up with an email or webpage after they've ordered, telling them the benefits of getting a full membership. In fact you could possibly even give them a new account with an automatically generated username and password just from the transaction details, and allow them to change the username and password to something else afterwards.

I believe that it would be massively beneficial for you if you could allow someone who's never heard of eBid to buy something in the absolute minimum number of clicks possible, without even typing in their address.

I have seen several online retail sites that do allow you to use a Paypal login in recent years, where I didn't even need to type in my name and address. I've been pleasantly surprised at how easy it can be to buy from a company I've never dealt with before.

I can't be the only one who shudders at the thought of "another" username and password to remember. It might be better to let them buy, then persuade them of the benefits of joining later.

I'd be very grateful to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
    -Sean.
    It is ABSOLUTELY a great way to increase sales here... absolutely.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

A great suggestion.

I am sure that many potential buyers are put off by having to register just to buy something.

But I don't think the powers that be, at ebid headquarters will like the idea.

Then next options could be to log in with your Facebook Id or your Linkedin ID. (all the blogs have gone this way)
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 22nd March 2014 at 08:20 PM.

Thread Information