Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Choosing the best Store category for items?

View pastime's Feedback (+198)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Choosing the best Store category for items?

Hi,
    I've had a quick look at old threads, but am not finding my query.
    It's a bit daft of me, but until yesterday I hadn't searched for my listing via the Stores tab, when I couldn't find them easily I realised that, perhaps, I hadn't selected the best location for my store category.
    Jewellery is fine, but for the mixed vintage items of pottery, glass and metal/paper items I had selected Collectables>vintage and that just puts me in a list of 200+ shops (who are listing for keen collectors who search out items to complete a collection) and under a sub-cat of Vintage, which presumably, doesn't attract much searching.
    1. Does the choice of shop categories make much difference to being seen?
    2. Is it better to split mixed items into separate shops or does the low item count, putting your shop at the end of list, take away any advantage in doing so?
    3. Or is it not worth worrying about because visitors don't search that way?
    Any thoughts gratefully received - I'm not sure if I should re-jig my listings.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by pastime; 18th March 2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Choosing the best Store category for items?

I'm not sure my answer is the best one, but if you have 2 stores in 2 different categories it might make it easier for you to be found. I didn't look at your shops yet but have you followed the advise given on the forums for making your listings the best they can be?

View pastime's Feedback (+198)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Choosing the best Store category for items?

Hi Youmeus,
    Thanks for your help. I have tried to follow all the recommended tips given on the forums: 10 day listing/BIN price etc and am now dipping a toe into Pinterest - I don't expect to achieve high volume sales - I'm a hobby seller looking, in time, to downsize, not a business seller; so I don't price to sell at any cost or for others to sell on, only the prices I would like to receive for the item I'm listing. So this does put me at a disavantage and is one of the reasons I don't plug on the forums and I try not to get too downhearted when nothing much is happening.
    But I would like to position items so that they at least get a bit of a look in for possible sales and that I help myself as best I can.
    The other thing that I really appreciate with eBid, is that the site is fair to all sellers (unlike TOS with Best Match & Cantseeme and deciding that you don't rate appearing in some listings). So I just wondered if I made limited choices when first setting the shops up - there was a lot to take in for so many different aspects of listing on eBid and I wasn't sure how it all worked - is it worthwhile renaming/moving items into new shops/re-categorising or just not worrying about that facet of eBid?
    Best wishes,
    Marie.

Thread Information