My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Please tell me about LinkedIn

Question Please tell me about LinkedIn

Although vaguely aware of it for some time, I am not a member of LinkedIn and do not know how it works. I've been sent an email by someone that wants to add me to their "professional network." I do know this person, sort of, but not particularly well.

If I click the link in the email that confirms I know this person, will any of my details be shown or available via the LinkedIn site? Will I have any control over who sees anything about me? What effect, if any, does confirming that I know this person have on me?

Please, no guesses. I'd really just like to hear from people who know for sure how LinkedIn works.

TIA.

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    View eBidSocial's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please tell me about LinkedIn

In order to connect to the said person, you would need to have a Linkedin account. If you have one then it's very similar to 'friending' someone on facebook, with regards to you will both be able to see each others posts, other connections, and any details you have added to your profile.
    Linkedin can be a good way to find new customers.
    Dean

Thanks.

Anyone able to help me out with the answers?

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Although vaguely aware of it for some time, I am not a member of LinkedIn and do not know how it works. I've been sent an email by someone that wants to add me to their "professional network." I do know this person, sort of, but not particularly well.

If I click the link in the email that confirms I know this person, will any of my details be shown or available via the LinkedIn site? Will I have any control over who sees anything about me? What effect, if any, does confirming that I know this person have on me?

Please, no guesses. I'd really just like to hear from people who know for sure how LinkedIn works.

TIA.

All details that you include in your profile.

Your profile is public.

On a professional level, do you want to be associated with this person?

Thank you. That's what I needed.

Locking thread.

Thread Information