Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How Can We Keep Customers

Default Re: How Can We Keep Customers

Quote Originally Posted by philactica View Post
    It is faultlessly easy to sign up.
    I had no problem. in my experience it is the user's iability to use a site. I too have clients that are not PC literate using my own site, others again have no problem.
    It is a way of life - some just make it, whatever it is.

The only hurdle from my perspective is ebid visibility, added listing and then resulting sales - the rest is all huha.
    I think you have drifted away from the op, which was new buyers placing large orders (in numerical terms) and having to jump through hoops to join. we have had new buyers buying 1 or 2 items with no problems, we also have regular buyers placing large orders with no problems, it just seems to be new buyers with large orders. are you saying ebid should discourage large orders from new buyers?

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Experiencing an issue now which is really turning me off here.

Saw an item I wanted.
    Checked the last time seller visited (2 days prior to my viewing item).
    Checked sellers feedback. All was quite positive.
    Read all T & Cs in the listing and about me page.
    Noted seller stated items ship within 1-24 hours after payment made.
    Noted seller accepts Pay Pal as payment method.
    Clicked buy it now.
    Paid immediately via Pay Pal.
    Noted confirmation emails sent to seller item purchased and payment made.
    7 days, 3 emails, 1 question with 4 nudges via AAL and not a word from seller.

Yes, I know how to end the transaction and get my money back however, I also purchased another item to be used with this item from a different seller who has shipped the item and hasn't done anything wrong. So now I'll have an item which I can't use and another just sitting somewhere with a seller without common courtesy to check emails or eBid page. I want this item!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHabitat View Post
    I think you have drifted away from the op, which was new buyers placing large orders (in numerical terms) and having to jump through hoops to join. we have had new buyers buying 1 or 2 items with no problems, we also have regular buyers placing large orders with no problems, it just seems to be new buyers with large orders. are you saying ebid should discourage large orders from new buyers?
    Maybe I drifted off and can only encourage buyers indulging in as many buys as possible.
    The contrary should not be entertained.

adruml I have had similar situations and I too find it aggravating. Unfortunately I think sellers check and check and get used to no sales and lose interest in checking repeatedly. If you paid through paypal you may be able to get their personal email and see if you can get their attention that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bringinitback4less View Post
    adruml I have had similar situations and I too find it aggravating. Unfortunately I think sellers check and check and get used to no sales and lose interest in checking repeatedly. If you paid through paypal you may be able to get their personal email and see if you can get their attention that way.
    Sellers don't need to check and check. They can get notified of a sale via email. And if the buyer pays with paypal they get notified of that by email also.

So if the seller isn't responding then they're either away on vacation in some isolated part of the world, or they're incompetent.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recommend Steve Krug's Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-it-yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems. ISBN 9780321657299.
    http://www.sensible.com/rsme.html

Makes sure people can use your site easily.

Sorry, I am not selling it. My copy is too valuable to sell
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Indeed, part of visibility is to have a link to your auctions in the signature.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post

Saw an item I wanted.
    Clicked buy it now.

Yes, I know how to end the transaction and get my money back however, I also purchased another item to be used with this item from a different seller who has shipped the item and hasn't done anything wrong. So now I'll have an item which I can't use and another just sitting somewhere with a seller without common courtesy to check emails or eBid page. I want this item!!!
    Please do not tar all of us with the same brush. If I get a sale (whopeee) I notify the buyer, after payment received, that the item has been shipped and I leave feedback all within 24 hours. I think it is the "dump and run" sellers that give us a bad name. I monitor my eBid site several times a day and try and give the buyer a first class service so that they will come back and buy again

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post

Saw an item I wanted.
    Clicked buy it now.

What's the seller's feedback like? If others have had good experiences, perhaps there's an unfortunate (but rare) explanation. Whenever you deal with someone long distance, the other person may have been rushed to hospital, suffered a bereavement, or some other crisis.

This week I damn nearly chopped my leg off with an angle grinder. By extreme luck I got little more than a graze. But if I'd lost my leg and you'd bought an item of mine, frankly you wouldn't have come top of my priority list! Even though normally I take pride in giving good service.

Our family is now calling them "ankle grinders"! Be careful out there.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    What's the seller's feedback like? If others have had good experiences, perhaps there's an unfortunate (but rare) explanation. Whenever you deal with someone long distance, the other person may have been rushed to hospital, suffered a bereavement, or some other crisis.

This week I damn nearly chopped my leg off with an angle grinder. By extreme luck I got little more than a graze. But if I'd lost my leg and you'd bought an item of mine, frankly you wouldn't have come top of my priority list! Even though normally I take pride in giving good service.

Our family is now calling them "ankle grinders"! Be careful out there.

After no response to my inquiry regarding shipping via the AAL (6 nudges) and several emails direct to seller along with noticing the seller had visited their listings twice after the sale, I decided to open a Pay Pal dispute.
    Once logged into Pay Pal I noticed a refund from the seller along with a comment explaining a disastrous situation where the seller had" lost everything".
    I replied, thanking the seller for the refund and suggested they remove their 134 listings as if not available the items should be removed.
    Seller visited their listings several more times after that, items relisted several more times (auto repost I would assume) until finally a month after my initial purchase the items ended.
    I took the liberty to verify the length of time it would take to bulk edit/delete listings and it took no time at all and could even be accomplished via smart phone.
    With the amount of times seller visited their listings I believe any seller in a disaster situation would have handled the situation a bit differently.
    Answer question through AAL or one of the many emails.
    End the unavailable listings during one of many visits.

No, I do not and will not judge every seller by this experience, nor have I decided the type of feedback to leave.
    Yes, I checked sellers feedback and last time seen before making the purchase.

Thread Information