eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBIDS Greatest chance to flourish ever as their biggest competitor flucks up big time

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default EBIDS Greatest chance to flourish ever as their biggest competitor flucks up big time

I am not sure if I can post that link but here goes

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Part-ti...7308597/page/3

The other site appear to be in trouble as they mess about with fees and visibility, this has to be an oportunity for ebid to make themselves known to a much wider audience and capitalise on the cock ups being made over there. As a seller over there myself I am seeing massive drops in revenue and it is across the board. Will sites like ebid step up?? Lets see

Default Re: EBIDS Greatest chance to flourish ever as their biggest competitor flucks up big

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioman View Post
    I am not sure if I can post that link but here goes

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Part-ti...7308597/page/3

The other site appear to be in trouble as they mess about with fees and visibility, this has to be an oportunity for ebid to make themselves known to a much wider audience and capitalise on the cock ups being made over there. As a seller over there myself I am seeing massive drops in revenue and it is across the board. Will sites like ebid step up?? Lets see
    We are all hoping so.Ebid has potential as an auction site.The more people that leaves the other site,the more chances for Ebid to grow.Excactly what we all want.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBIDS Greatest chance to flourish ever as their biggest competitor flucks up big

I've seen and thought that all before, for the last 4 years in actual fact.

It wont happen.

I would not believe it until I see their listings number start to drop (and their plan is to double them over the next few years) and for their Alexa ranking to start falllng (its been 20 or 21 for the last 4 years)

That said, ebid has quietly added 400,000 listings in the last 2 weeks.
    Lets hope that steady growth continues.

Where is Dzambo!

PMSL - They must be getting a bit desperate over there on the UK site, not only did I get the usual list for free email today but they sent me an invite only one.

I used to be a bronze power seller but haven't sold there since 2008 when their lousy customer support ruined my business by not putting my account right for 24 days after it was hacked and John Donahoe started making his stupid changes. The chap on the phone laughed when I said they could stuff their account and I was moving to eBid

I have to grin at the 'come back to selling' photo - I never left selling but it's been on eBid and not over there so who is laughing now !!!

It might of been very quiet at times as eBid is a much smaller site but stick it out and get yourself established and the sales will come, I'm very glad I did ! The more variety of listings we get here the more the buyers will start taking a second look. So don't give up after just a few weeks, read all the helpful tips on the forums adjust your selling tactics and make eBid work for you.

GIVE SELLING ANOTHER SHOT, raglan1961
    Get your next three listings free and see what you’ve been missing on eBay.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I've seen and thought that all before, for the last 4 years in actual fact.

It wont happen.

I would not believe it until I see their listings number start to drop (and their plan is to double them over the next few years) and for their Alexa ranking to start falllng (its been 20 or 21 for the last 4 years)

That said, ebid has quietly added 400,000 listings in the last 2 weeks.
    Lets hope that steady growth continues.

Where is Dzambo!
    This type of thread has been repeated over and over again, for nearly a decade now.

The members on here have been gems, with all the time and effort they put in, to promote this site.

Majority doing it just out the goodness of their own hearts.

If they had their own site, it would be a serious contender against the other side.

All I'm hoping for is a steady stream of sellers and buyers, so this site is at least second, third or fourth in the running. After all this time, that is the best I am hoping for. Just being honest ~ don't shoot me down in flames for that.

The recent problems over there, are not, by a long chance, the first time this has happened. Many times, the supporters there have been seriously fed up and looking.

Some came here and stayed, others used both, and some went back or gave up.

So hopefully this time, we can increase the size of the site.

As for missing members~ seen there are a lot of those, since I was last here.

Would be nice to see some of the older faces back again.
    No idea why they left, but they were fun people.
    And I must admit , I do miss them.

Mike got one of them as well sarge, his account has not been used since they tried to make him register as a business seller to sell my second hand dolls clothes, they said I / he was selling too many, well there is a good reason for that.................I have too many doubles....................sooooooooooo they can stuff their invite to him.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where is Dzambo!
    Oh, puhleeeeze.....

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Even if ebay were in it's death throes, it wouldn't have any real impact on ebids listing figures.

Sellers would probably grieve a little and cry themselves to sleep. (YAWwwwwwwwwwwwn)

I wonder to my self sometimes why it is that I (As a not so serious seller) be the top lister in the glass stores section with a paltry35 listings,and also very near the top of the pile with my second store with a mere31 listings.

The real problem with ebid is that we have nothing or next to nothing to offer.

Until listings rise dramatically we won't get anywhere.

Also the damage ebay has done as regards feedback DSRs etc etc will continue to hurt sales here as buyers expectations of ebid will get a cold dose of reality especially in the feedback area.
    Last edited by Pink_Panther; 9th November 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Many of them will not make the move due to perceived lack of sales on eBid, but that is changing. I am sure I am not alone but my sales are rocketing at the moment. Last month the value was 43% higher than my previous best month, so far this month I am doing even better with just under £600 and 23 sales in little over 8 days. Over the years growth has been slow on eBid, but that can and almost certainly will accelerate as the disgruntled on eBay see that there is an alternative where they can make good sales.

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Oh, puhleeeeze.....
    I have to say, I have wondered where Dzambo is, he has always been good to give the brain a work out .......

Trying to work out what he is talking about!

Thread Information