Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: FYI Royal Mail tracking issue (special delivery - next day by 1pm, and Signed For)

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default FYI Royal Mail tracking issue (special delivery - next day by 1pm, and Signed For)

Had an interesting few experiences on the Bay of late, and I thought you guys should be aware of what came to light this morning. I always send everything with a tracking number - not doing so is asking for disaster with online selling these days, and over the past few weeks I have had a few items in all on the bay where the tracking shows as unknown on the Royal Mail website - I have lost money when then people put in claims saying I haven't sent and all that rubbish...

I took the two latest of the receipts to my local RM collection office this morning prior to putting in RM compensation claims for lost items (not heard back on the others yet), and despite the fact the tracking doesn't show on the website that we can access from home or on our smartphones, and it just says there is no information on the packages etc, when the chap checked on the system at the delivery office, both of those packages showed up as delivered to their recipients!!!!!!! I guess RM have a different system internally?
    Needless to say that fact is now being communicated back to the Bay and buyers with photos of screens showing delivery !!!!!!!

So if you are dealing with a missing item claim for something tracked and it isn't showing as delivered on the standard RM website, I would double check with the RM delivery office before assuming it is actually missing.

Default Re: FYI Royal Mail tracking issue (special delivery - next day by 1pm, and Signed For

and of course you cant leave appropriate feedback either to warn others over there
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: FYI Royal Mail tracking issue (special delivery - next day by 1pm, and Signed For

Thank you for that information.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

But be careful when selling over there as you'll get the odd one who'll even try it with special delivery too
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agreed. The bay feedback system is sheer insanitu

Thread Information