Thread: dispatch time

Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View brian64's Feedback (+125)
    All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: dispatch time

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    Yes, a firm indication as to when an item will be shipped is important. There is nothing worse that buying an item only to receive no communication or shipping details from the seller. You are left looking in at the "Item dispatched" details on the website waiting to see whether the item has been shipped or not. After a couple of days have passed I find anxiety begins to build and in the end I have to email the seller to ask when they plan on getting it together to post my stuff?
    I agree with all the above.I aim to ship items the next day unless there are exceptional circumstances

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    As much as I appreciate that people want to know how long they have to wait for an item, I don't feel that I can commit myself to a specific time though I do mention in the listing that I usually post next day.There is the option of 'not given' which I use but it is tedious that I have to remember to set it for every listing. I even changed my defaults yesterday, but that does not seem to stay at 'not given'. The same when use the 'list similar' option. is there anything that can be done about this? Please?
    Problem with My Defaults field not being saved. Will fix asap.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you very much, gazza

and everyone else, I do state in each listing that I aim to post the day after payment is received / cleared

Wink Re: dispatch time

The fact that gazza found a bug and fixed it (nice thanks!) doesn't resolve the original problem with the options.

On the original topic, I agree with OP that there is a problem with the options. I had a wtf moment with this just a couple of days ago. If I say one day, what does that imply if I'm in hospital that day? If I say two days or longer does a prospective buyer say 'what's the problem, does he need to go shopping for it?' Even greedbay says something like 'normal' or 'typical' dispatch (despatch?), and emphasises _working_ days.

<OffT trivia: Kazeran, all of your posts say 407, so clearly the database can't handly simple counting tasks. Probably, it's male and was trying to do something else at the same time. Couldn't you have done your celebration on the Lurker thread?></OffT>

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

agreed, I say that I aim to post within 24 hours but it may be up to 3 days. I state that in the listing, and then set my defaults to show three days. If I can exceed expectations, then all to the good, if it takes 3 days, the buyer at least knows.

Thread Information