Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EBID US Promotion?

Default EBID US Promotion?

As a frustrated Ebid US seller, I would love to see ebid do some sort of giveaway/promotion just for US site users/customers. Ebid US needs more traffic and sales. perhaps some advertising on Facebook? something to help drive sales. there is only so much individual sellers can do to promote themselves. we need help from ebid too!
    Last edited by Mark; 13th July 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Wink Re: EBID US Promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by downsandouts View Post
    As a frustrated (due to lack of sales) Ebid US seller, I would love to see ebid do some sort of giveaway/promotion just for US site users/customers. Ebid US needs more traffic and sales. perhaps some advertising on Facebook? something to help drive sales. there is only so much individual sellers can do to promote themselves. we need help from ebid too!

I second that emotion

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBID US Promotion?

I agree that ebid needs many more US based sellers and buyers.

But the trick is how can they achieve that at least cost, seeing as how we all accept they have a very low marketing budget.

If you owned ebid how would you word an advert ?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by downsandouts View Post
    As a frustrated (due to lack of sales) Ebid US seller, I would love to see ebid do some sort of giveaway/promotion just for US site users/customers. Ebid US needs more traffic and sales. perhaps some advertising on Facebook? something to help drive sales. there is only so much individual sellers can do to promote themselves. we need help from ebid too!
    I would prefer the emphasis to be on developing European sales and customers.
    US sellers get a good deal at present. Lifetime membership is cheaper in US than in any other country.

Personally, and this is based on long ago being on that other site that we all know and most of us dislike, in the beginning they were one site, not a bunch of branches with different international sites. Back when the disliked company, fondly called feebay by many was one site, I sold more then I ever have since and it was worldwide sales. Even though I know that my USA items can be found on the International sites on Ebid, I think we would all be better served as one gigantic site, all of the stores listed from all of the countries together in one, easy to use, easy to buy from place. I think we would garner far more attention, at this time, all of the Ebids look like small, individual sites for individual countries, put us altogether like feebay did when they began and then ruined themselves dividing into multiple International sites amongst other things. Imagine how strong 1 Ebid with all of us being found in one place would look!

In addition to what I wrote above, there are at least 4 Ebid International sites with 0 stores showing and many more with 10 or less stores showing. Anyone from those countries who sees that is going to leave without taking the time to browse around. If we combined the US, the UK, Canada, Australia and so on into one "United" Ebid, imagine the attractiveness to newcomers.....

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Based on what I have seen I would guess that there are very few listings based in the international sites.

So I still think ebid need to get ebid going well in the USA and then maybe push the other sites.

As regards ebay they have different rules in their different sites.

And I like the ease of the present system when you can just list your item in another countries with another tick.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I would prefer the emphasis to be on developing European sales and customers.
    US sellers get a good deal at present. Lifetime membership is cheaper in US than in any other country.
    Yes it does seem unfair.
    But as I have said I think the lifetime fee is one of ebid's biggest downfalls.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmmmmmm I think I like this idea....

Quote Originally Posted by thecardattic View Post
    Personally, and this is based on long ago being on that other site that we all know and most of us dislike, in the beginning they were one site, not a bunch of branches with different international sites. Back when the disliked company, fondly called feebay by many was one site, I sold more then I ever have since and it was worldwide sales. Even though I know that my USA items can be found on the International sites on Ebid, I think we would all be better served as one gigantic site, all of the stores listed from all of the countries together in one, easy to use, easy to buy from place. I think we would garner far more attention, at this time, all of the Ebids look like small, individual sites for individual countries, put us altogether like feebay did when they began and then ruined themselves dividing into multiple International sites amongst other things. Imagine how strong 1 Ebid with all of us being found in one place would look!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Based on what I have seen I would guess that there are very few listings based in the international sites.

So I still think ebid need to get ebid going well in the USA and then maybe push the other sites.

As regards ebay they have different rules in their different sites.

And I like the ease of the present system when you can just list your item in another countries with another tick.

my listings are based in the uk however there seen and available in most countrys as for the USA ive had two new buyers to ebid and myself from the USA in the last 30 days what you seem to forget is ebid is a platform to sell from they advertise are goods for us via google i cant really see how they can advertise or push ebid as you put it without incuring massive outlay costs for a site that is not diverse enough in choice it would be a huge mistake, its not were you sell its what you sell that makes a sale stop blaming the site for lack of promotion/sales its sellers who are responsable for sales or lack of sales
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information