My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Months Later and Our Store Search still does not work

Default Months Later and Our Store Search still does not work

I brought this up in the beginning of the year, on our individual store search, you get anything to come up that has a period in it, for example if you type in St. Louis Cardinals, none of the correct stuff comes up, it even shows to the left after you do that search that there are hundreds of items with St. Louis in the title, click any of the links and none of them come up. Search for a player such as C.C. Sabathia on our store and again, nothing shows up even though we have a ton of his items. This is really frustrating, problem has not been fixed for nearly 6 months now.....I can provide dozens upon dozens of other problems with our store search if you'd like, bottom line, I have been advertising my Ebid store for months now saying how you can search for your favorite team or player and find 1000's of items for sale when in fact if there is a period in the title, the potential customers can't find anything and let me tell you, boy do they complain and tear me a new one if you know what I mean.......

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Months Later and Our Store Search still does not work

I'm not really into search all that much.

All I know is that ebay put many programmers on to their search and everyone says it is not good.

How many staff do you think ebid has ?

I find that I am usually able to "browse" though the sub categories as ebid does not have thousand sof listings. in most subs.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sorry you're having this problem. Have you tried contacting eBid support: support@ebid.net with your concerns? They are very good about responding to member questions.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmmmmmm
    I typed in St. Louis Cardinals and got a good response with quite a few of your items showing (general search)

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?go=...+Cardinals&go=

And I got these results when I typed in St. Louis Cardinals in your store search

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?tit...ouis+Cardinals

So, I don't know what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by thecardattic View Post
    I brought this up in the beginning of the year, on our individual store search, you get anything to come up that has a period in it, for example if you type in St. Louis Cardinals, none of the correct stuff comes up, it even shows to the left after you do that search that there are hundreds of items with St. Louis in the title, click any of the links and none of them come up. Search for a player such as C.C. Sabathia on our store and again, nothing shows up even though we have a ton of his items. This is really frustrating, problem has not been fixed for nearly 6 months now.....I can provide dozens upon dozens of other problems with our store search if you'd like, bottom line, I have been advertising my Ebid store for months now saying how you can search for your favorite team or player and find 1000's of items for sale when in fact if there is a period in the title, the potential customers can't find anything and let me tell you, boy do they complain and tear me a new one if you know what I mean.......
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 29th June 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Hmmmmmm
    I typed in St. Louis Cardinals and got a good response with quite a few of your items showing (general search)

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?go=...+Cardinals&go=

And I got these results when I typed in St. Louis Cardinals in your store search

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?tit...ouis+Cardinals

So, I don't know what the problem is?
    We have over 700 items with St. Louis in the title in just baseball cards and only 5 come up LOL That's what the problem is....and if you click the baseball card link towards the left that says 733 which is the number of St. Louis Cardinals in baseball, it takes you to a grand total search result of 0

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have over 700 items with St. Louis in the title in just baseball cards and only 5 come up LOL That's what the problem is....and if you click the baseball card link towards the left that says 733 which is the number of St. Louis Cardinals in baseball, it takes you to a grand total search result of 0
    Maybe the problem is that you haven't put 2 vital keywords in your listing title - baseball cards.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yup, your right, I just checked it.
    It's deffo a glitch for support@ebid.net to look into

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm in the UK and by:

typing St Louis - 1978 listings

typing St. Louis (no period/full stop) - 62 listings

typing baseball cards - 1061 listings

typing baseball - 3891

I don't think this is a glitch, it's a keyword problem.

My opinion only so please don't blame eBid.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

I find that I am usually able to "browse" though the sub categories as ebid does not have thousand sof listings. in most subs.
    And this is from someone who want to introduce API which would swamp the listings!!

Thread Information