Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positive Thread!!!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Positive Thread!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    Just had my first two sales of the month too, a return visit from a newbie who first bought last week
    Always good when newbies return

A quieter month this March but still better than last year. Twenty one sales in all , 17 ordinary and 4 YDC charity auctions.
    Just had my first sale for April this morning from a newbie so I'm a happy bunny ! Thank you eBid.

Finished on 227 items sold in March .

Think I have worked out why I start every month so badly - because I am knackered from the previous month!

fees are great here

+1 positive here , 2 sales , 2 buddy points , 2 purchase last 2 days , and 2 new people signed up 1 a seller .
    every man is the architect of his own fortune.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...orcycle-spares

Wow! You sure are doing great .... keep up the good work!
    So pleased to see positive comments!
    C'mon everyone ... post your good news here!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinaann View Post
    I have now uploaded a few listings, Now I have got in to using the site I am totally convinced that this site is 100% better in every way than eBay. It is easier, quicker and what I really do like is that I have control over what I sell and the way I sell and I can even put a P&P that suites me. If I have given anyone the wrong impression or said anything negative about eBid, then I apologise and take it all back. Yesterday I made my first sale on eBid and was fascinated by the fee on eBid (04pence). Now I know it was only a £1.99p sale, but on eBay that would have cost me 60p at least for the same listing. The important thing about that is it makes it affordable to sell an item at that price. I just need to figure out a way to convince buyers to move over. I think I know the trouble that could be causing this and that is sellers on eBid (myself included) also have the same items listed on eBay because of the selling power. We all know the answer to change that, but doing it is another thing. Now I am looking at suggestions of how to get buyers to move. I know about emails and leaflets and all the rest, but it us sellers, how do we change. It's there for the taking. I am working on an idea but may need help from other sellers, and I don't know if it will make a difference, but all I can lose is time.
    Encouraging more buyers to come to Ebid is not particularly easy, but there are ways of doing this, firstly i assume that you are currently and will continue to sell on Ebay as well as over here, this is no bad thing as you can actually use Ebay as a channel to promote Ebid, the way to do this is to include a printed flyer in your Ebay packages, these could for example highlight your listings over here.
    There is nothing to prevent you from offering a slightly deal on Ebid due to the lower fee structure, this is of course your call.
    Personally speaking i tend to list my better items on Ebid and i use Ebay (successfully) to move the commonly found items,.

Take a good look at what you have to sell....i search Ebay and if i find zero listings or very little choice at high prices then i choose to list these on Ebid and offer a better deal., this to my way of thinking will highlight my Ebid listing within Google search/Shopping and overshadow those from Ebay.
    Making all of your Ebid listings appear within Google /search shopping is the way to draw more interest to the site.

More and more Ebay sellers are coming to realise that selling on Ebay is not only about selling, but rather about serving the DSR system, these sellers are also buyers and when looking for a new selling venue whether through choice or via force, will investigate this site.
    The only way to convince buyers to come to Ebid is simply by those of us who are already here to list all of our items.and make them Google compliant.

The way to get the eBay sellers to move is to make eBid a site with proven track record for selling. Everyone who posts on here is doing just that. As has rightly been said, as we get more listings on eBid we will get more visibility, that should lead to more sales. More listings will also get the buyers coming back, this is already happening far more. But the other side of the coin is for eBay to have less choice, and that will only come when sellers have the confidence to move all of their listings over and finally wave goodbye to eBay.

It is interesting that cerealmunkee can find items that are not available on eBay. Not too long ago that would be a pretty rare occurrence. Lets hope that it becomes more of a regular feature as that will get people seeking alternatives.

just to prove you can sell on here....

So far this month (yes I know we are only 5 days in) I have sold more items, and for more income here, than I have on that belguim site I use

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quieter month in March - but quieter was still 80+ items over my two ids

This month started well - I've sold 15 items on one id and 3 on the other (last month at this date it was nothing!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinaann View Post
    I have now uploaded a few listings, Now I have got in to using the site I am totally convinced that this site is 100% better in every way than eBay. It is easier, quicker and what I really do like is that I have control over what I sell and the way I sell and I can even put a P&P that suites me. If I have given anyone the wrong impression or said anything negative about eBid, then I apologise and take it all back. Yesterday I made my first sale on eBid and was fascinated by the fee on eBid (04pence). Now I know it was only a £1.99p sale, but on eBay that would have cost me 60p at least for the same listing. The important thing about that is it makes it affordable to sell an item at that price. I just need to figure out a way to convince buyers to move over. I think I know the trouble that could be causing this and that is sellers on eBid (myself included) also have the same items listed on eBay because of the selling power. We all know the answer to change that, but doing it is another thing. Now I am looking at suggestions of how to get buyers to move. I know about emails and leaflets and all the rest, but it us sellers, how do we change. It's there for the taking. I am working on an idea but may need help from other sellers, and I don't know if it will make a difference, but all I can lose is time.
    Congrats on the sale, hope there are many more to come.
    The difference in the fvf between ebay & ebid can amount to quite a difference which then enables sellers to sell on ebid at lower prices than on ebay.
    Dont forget with ebay on items over 99p theres a listing fee plus in many cases numerous relist fees which you are not hit with on ebid, so selling on ebid can make selling more profitable even there are not regular sales forthcoming.

If you can continue to sell over there until you build up a good buyer base here, plugging ebid with every sale made over there until you can get to a stage where you no longer need ebay.

Trawl through the threads under the catagory How to promote ebid & your stores,, theres threads there where sellers have offered to add ebid sellers stores to their web site pages,, every little helps.
    Heres the link for mine below, there are others who will do the same

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...eb-page/page25

Thread Information