What are the shipping choices?

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Putting Postage Costs in our Listings

Quote Originally Posted by garyterence01 View Post
    This sounds like the sort of information that we need to provide our customers....Unfortunately we are not given this option in Ebid Australia (as far as I can see).
    That's correct Gary, however it's because Oz Post doesn't yet provide App's, so eBid can't do the link.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    What are the shipping choices?
    Hurry, if you mean the choices for Australia, then here is a link to our Oz Post

http://auspost.com.au/index.html (highlight & right click to open)

These rates & shipping zones are about to be increased soon, making it more difficult for us.

Actually, I wondering what shipping choices were available to you on eBid to see if we could come up with an option to direct people to look at your listing to ask for a shipping quote.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Actually, I wondering what shipping choices were available to you on eBid to see if we could come up with an option to direct people to look at your listing to ask for a shipping quote.
    Basically we are given the option to include all worldwide countries or just select some. Then it is necessary to put in a flat $ figure that applies to all selected and stipulate the shipping method (Air, registered, etc, etc). If we do not include International Postage then our listings will not be covered.

As each country is different once we get past letter rate it becomes mission impossible. I am trying to get my items on the world scene by putting in $0.00 for postage and method not known for sending. Then at the top of the Listing I have a notice. Not sure if overseas customers will understand all of this but hoping.

Heres an example of one of my listings http://au.ebid.net/for-sale/notocall...e-97292031.htm

Thanks for your support. Gary

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Might want to add the dollar amount to ship 500 grams in the notice or a range in the description.

Is the minimum postage $6.95? Just noticed when I go to the gallery view of the listing, shipping is 6.95 and not 'c desc.?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

As each country is different once we get past letter rate it becomes mission impossible. I am trying to get my items on the world scene by putting in $0.00 for postage and method not known for sending. Then at the top of the Listing I have a notice. Not sure if overseas customers will understand all of this but hoping.

Heres an example of one of my listings http://au.ebid.net/for-sale/notocall...e-97292031.htm

Just a warning! I have to do this myself but I've found that some buyers insist on believing that it means free shipping. The more you sell the more of a problem it becomes. It wastes time in admin and it leads to negative feedback. If you get an order without postage costs the best approach is to immediately refund payment and send out an invoice with correct costs. Also send a note to apologise, ostensibly, but really to point out the buyer has failed to read your instructions (i.e. contact me for a quote on postage).

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need to make the fonts smaller on your seller's notice up top of your listing because there is more information hidden. All I can see is:

WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
    Ebid cannot calculate accurate overseas Postage ...If outside Australia please message us for a quote.

there is something more on there but I can't see it. This is because of the large fonts used, so you need to make them smaller so that your full message can be seen.

Basically we are given the option to include all worldwide countries or just select some. Then it is necessary to put in a flat $ figure that applies to all selected and stipulate the shipping method (Air, registered, etc, etc). If we do not include International Postage then our listings will not be covered.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Also, I believe a lot of potential buyers want to see actual shipping costs in the listing, & many won't even go to the trouble of requesting a quote. They'll just move on.
    That's why I go to the effort of having shipping costs in my listings.
    If you have items that can be grouped together,(by size/weight) then it's not that difficult.
    What is difficult, is when we have a price rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Also, I believe a lot of potential buyers want to see actual shipping costs in the listing, & many won't even go to the trouble of requesting a quote. They'll just move on.
    That's why I go to the effort of having shipping costs in my listings.
    If you have items that can be grouped together,(by size/weight) then it's not that difficult.
    What is difficult, is when we have a price rise.
    How do you cope with the different prices to different countries? If I put in the maximum anyone would have to pay it would be incorrect for about 80% of the countries!

Thread Information