eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBid Bumper Stickers For Sale!

Forum Newbie
    View PiggysRule's Feedback (+93)
    All-About PiggysRule
    View PiggysRule's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Bumper Stickers For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    No one is mad at you hun, and that will include blue, he just wants to know from ebid why he was refused, I would not buy one anyway as I don't like them, I want the guy travelling behind me to look where they are going and not be reading, but that is a personal oppinion, you sell your stickers and very good luck with them and good luck to blue as well finding out why.
    Thankyou, I hope they approve him to make them , it would make more sense for some one in UK to make them for the people

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is a bit unfortunate that this went down as it did. IMHO it happened due to timing. eBid was not ready yet to consider such a proposal. Things have changed here dramatically, and for the better. They are now ready to accept such proposals. Being human, with such a laspe of time, they may have honestly forgotten Blue's original requests.

I have seen multiple ideas kicked around on eBid, and they wouldn't budge on it, until the time for the site was appropriate. I had written a federal grant once, and they awarded the contract to an outside group who did not know the community. I got publically ticked off in a regional meeting because they never told me why they did not give our group the contract. Well, the grant's manager just laughed and told me to ask again (send another grant). I did, and received funding from them; and another federal group matched their funding as well.

Blue has done so much unselfishly, for so many people on eBid, for so long, and for nothing in return. He has even helped me with my signature gif, and would not accept any payment. So I fully understand his response, and it is justifiable. I also understand the response of many, who want to buy their bumper sticker from Blue.

That being said, I think what PiggysRule has done with the bumper sticker is great. I think Piggys initiative to contact eBid with such a request is commendable. It is an entrepreneurial spirit in action.

Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with them both making the bumper stickers; and buyers having the option to buy from whom ever they choose, and for whatever reason they choose to. That is what the free market is all about anyway.

However, the most important thing is for the right and fair thing to be done. So I hope that eBid also gives Blue their full approval to make the bumper stickers.

Forum Newbie
    All-About PiggysRule
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    It is a bit unfortunate that this went down as it did. IMHO it happened due to timing. eBid was not ready yet to consider such a proposal. Things have changed here dramatically, and for the better. They are now ready to accept such proposals. Being human, with such a laspe of time, they may have honestly forgotten Blue's original requests.

I have seen multiple ideas kicked around on eBid, and they wouldn't budge on it, until the time for the site was appropriate. I had written a federal grant once, and they awarded the contract to an outside group who did not know the community. I got publically ticked off in a regional meeting because they never told me why they did not give our group the contract. Well, the grant's manager just laughed and told me to ask again (send another grant). I did, and received funding from them; and another federal group matched their funding as well.

Blue has done so much unselfishly, for so many people on eBid, for so long, and for nothing in return. He has even helped me with my signature gif, and would not accept any payment. So I fully understand his response, and it is justifiable. I also understand the response of many, who want to buy their bumper sticker from Blue.

That being said, I think what PiggysRule has done with the bumper sticker is great. I think Piggys initiative to contact eBid with such a request is commendable. It is an entrepreneurial spirit in action.

Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with them both making the bumper stickers; and buyers having the option to buy from whom ever they choose, and for whatever reason they choose to. That is what the free market is all about anyway.

However, the most important thing is for the right and fair thing to be done. So I hope that eBid also gives Blue their full approval to make the bumper stickers.
    I agree with you & I think if he asks them now they will, I don't know him but he sounds very nice & I see a lot of people like him. I think what someone else said maybe he can make them for UK & I can for USA, only cause of ship cost

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I just bought one from Piggy; and when Blue gets his ready (with eBid approval), I plan to buy from him too. The one I bought says "USA", so I would love to have one that says "eBid.net"

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PiggysRule View Post
    I am sorry this has upset blue. & I will step down if he gets ebid approval, ....
    Sorry for not getting back sooner.
    First of all,PiggysRule,you have nothing to be sorry about.As I said in my first post it wasn't you that had annoyed me,& I certainly hope you won't step down.

...I think what PiggysRule has done with the bumper sticker is great. I think Piggys initiative to contact eBid with such a request is commendable. It is an entrepreneurial spirit in action.
    I couldn't agree more.
    I have given a link to this thread on my email to support in order for them to comment.

It certainly makes more sense for each country (not just UK & USA) to have their own "supplier" to save postage.

Forum Newbie
    All-About PiggysRule
    Forum Posts

Well, I just bought one from Piggy; and when Blue gets his ready (with eBid approval), I plan to buy from him too. The one I bought says "USA", so I would love to have one that says "eBid.net"
    Thankyou

Forum Newbie
    All-About PiggysRule
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    First of all,PiggysRule,you have nothing to be sorry about.As I said in my first post it wasn't you that had annoyed me,& I certainly hope you won't step down.

I couldn't agree more.
    I have given a link to this thread on my email to support in order for them to comment.

It certainly makes more sense for each country (not just UK & USA) to have their own "supplier" to save postage.
    I agree with Blue, I would buy 1 from him because a lot of people buy from over seas, that way they will know to look on that sight too. I have my email from them saved

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I couldn't agree more.

It makes sense in terms of saving on postage, if that is a buyer's goal. However, I sell and buy internationally; and many other sellers do the same. It is recommended by many as a way to enhance a seller's visibility. Buyers seem willing to pay for international shipment if they want an item. My largest coin purchase on eBid was from an international seller, because even with the shipping cost, I got the best deal. Some sellers also do not care to offer international shipping. That is ok also, it is a matter of choice.

Forum Newbie
    All-About PiggysRule
    Forum Posts

I couldn't agree more.

Blue if the support person you are working with need my copy of email where support ok it let me know & addy to send to

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PiggysRule View Post
    Blue if the support person you are working with need my copy of email where support ok it let me know & addy to send to
    I don't think that'll be necessary.Nobody's doubting that you had permission.
    Stop worrying!

Thread Information