Thread: 7 days since payment

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View blondi82's Feedback (+121)
    All-About blondi82
    View blondi82's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 7 days since payment

Hey all

When buying items would you expect some kind of communication after 7 days of payment? There listing says dispatch with in 2 days.
    I don’t mind if there’s a delay but would of thought they’d of contacted by now, or am I just being impatient?
    I am new to ebid unsure of expectations on this site

Thanks all

http://bliss-weddings-and-events.ebid.net/ - Wedding and Party's

http://junk-diva.ebid.net/ - Second Hand Every day Items

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 7 days since payment

No, I don't think you're being impatient at all, as a buyer I'd expect some kind of communication from the seller within a day or two of purchase, especially if the seller claims 2 day dispatch. Have you tried contacting the seller via the AAL (use ask seller a question) or via personal e mail to ask what's up? The seller may be having issues (as illness or pc problems or whatever, as happen to all of us from time to time) but IMHO if so he/she should have contacted you to let you know there'd be a delay or to tell you what's going on with your purchase.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 4th March 2013 at 06:01 PM.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It depends how its being sent. Here in the uk a second class parcel or myhermes can take 5-7 working days to arrive plus 2 days to dispatch = up to 9 working days to arrive. Although if the seller has not marked as dispatched I would ask a question but i would not expect arrival until the 10th day was up
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Hopefully it wasn't a plasma tv for an unbelievably low price!

Seriously, scammers are jumped on pretty quickly here, but inevitably some slip through the net for a while.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Did you check the AAL to see if the seller marked it as shipped? eBid normally sends an email to the buyer when this is done, but there have been a couple of times when I did not get the email.

I have waited as long as two weeks for items to arrive, so there may not be a problem. However, why not contact the seller to make sure? You can send an email or use the AAL as Suesjools suggested.

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View blondi82's Feedback (+121)
    All-About blondi82
    View blondi82's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the responses

The item is not marked as shipped, have messaged the person, I am not sure how accuurate the latest activity feature is but says last activity was 11 days ago.

I just wanted an idea of what's the done thing on ebid. As a seller on other sites if not being dispatched with in 24 hours I would usualy message them, so I just wanted to know if thats the done thing here.

Thanks again

http://bliss-weddings-and-events.ebid.net/ - Wedding and Party's

http://junk-diva.ebid.net/ - Second Hand Every day Items

Next day shipping can be burdensome for small sellers who have to make a trip to the post office, and it isn't mandatory on eBid.

I think most sellers list their shipping practices/policies either in the listings or (as in our case) in the "All About the Seller" section.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blondi82 View Post
    Thanks for the responses

The item is not marked as shipped, have messaged the person, I am not sure how accuurate the latest activity feature is but says last activity was 11 days ago.

I just wanted an idea of what's the done thing on ebid. As a seller on other sites if not being dispatched with in 24 hours I would usualy message them, so I just wanted to know if thats the done thing here.

Thanks again
    I think something is up. Seller should have notified you of shipment at least 9 days ago and not active for 11 days now?? Does not sound right to me. I hope you paid via Paypal in case of a dispute.

There is a fishy smell with this deal. Depending on how you paid for it you may have some protection. But don't wait to long to file a claim for a item not received. Some Scammers will try to push a long tedious communication volley that take you over the time offered under buyers protection programs. If you don't receive any messages or responses is a couple of days I would think about taking action.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some sellers ship promptly or within a reasonable amount of time, but do not check off the "shipped tab"; and do not communicate item shipped. I try to give delivery at least a week; then communicate with seller if not received.

Which reminds me, I need to leave feedback for a seller that did the above. The item was shipped promptly, well packaged, and quite lovely.

Thread Information