Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seller avoiding Paypal fees

Default Re: Seller avoiding Paypal fees

This seller has 13 negative feedbacks!!! It's unfortunate you gave him the benefit of the doubt and bought an item from him. I think eBid might remove his negative feedback if you send them the facts.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Doesn't look like a charity.......it shows on the About Me page...........never saw this seller in a charity auction.
    I did not see anything at all on their About Me Page. They may have erased the whole thing. Surprised they are allowed to operate like this, and particularly with the feedback comments received.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

nahhhh it's still there.

We now only accept paypal sent as a gift. This is due to increase in paypal fees.
    WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT PAYPAL SENT AS A GIFT THIS WAY WE DONT PAY THE FEES.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    nahhhh it's still there.

We now only accept paypal sent as a gift. This is due to increase in paypal fees.
    WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT PAYPAL SENT AS A GIFT THIS WAY WE DONT PAY THE FEES.
    Wow, totally unacceptable.

I don't see anything on their Me page.
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 26th January 2013 at 07:14 PM.

The All About page does not currently have any information beyond what appears to be random keystrokes. If you can still see what was written there it is coming from your internet cache after your earlier visit.

It is a real shame that this seller is still on eBid. Most of the people they have given NEGs to - apparently in retaliation for a justifiable complaint - are newbies with little or no other feedback. Therefore they are quite likely to be put off from using eBid. So this seller is losing customers from the site.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

By The Way; Sheen264, I don't know if you are aware? but there is a lot of HTML code appearing in your listings. Just down under the "Welcome" section. Just thought I would mention it. I took a look at the Warhammer listing.

Oooh, and your neg has gone...hurrah.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    The All About page does not currently have any information beyond what appears to be random keystrokes. If you can still see what was written there it is coming from your internet cache after your earlier visit.

It is a real shame that this seller is still on eBid. Most of the people they have given NEGs to - apparently in retaliation for a justifiable complaint - are newbies with little or no other feedback. Therefore they are quite likely to be put off from using eBid. So this seller is losing customers from the site.
    Agree with Damian, not good at all. Sounds like this needs reporting to support, hopefully OP will be able to get satisfaction.

Agree with Annie, using the Paypal gift payment option for charity auctions is a good thing as more money goes to charity this way. Otherwise IMHO it's definitely not above board, especially if the seller states the reason for doing this is to avoid the fees. I don't think Paypal would be too happy if they discovered their site was being abused in this manner.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post

You are looking at the wrong seller. The pp info is still up. I pm'd you.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I'm sorry to read about this scam. I definitely would have thought twice about this guy after the first email they sent about the delivery.

I see you did at least received your purchase also. I hope you were happy with it.
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 12th February 2013 at 04:17 AM.

Any seller that wants to avoid paying fees to the payment processor (I.e. PayPal) or the website hosting his/her listings, they should not be in business. There are overhead costs to doing business, that is expected. The way to recover overhead costs is to roll those costs into the price of the items being sold. If a seller cannot do that, yet again I say they should not be in business. Whining about PayPal fees or how one cannot compete with the price structure of other sellers is no way to make business. Unfortunately, bad etiquette is probably not good enough reason to suspend a seller, and buyers unfortunate enough to find themselves involved with such a seller should try not to hold the entire site responsible for allowing those kinds of sellers.

A seller that wants to avoid PayPal fees could offer discounts for other payment methods, but I don't recommend this as it creates a lot of headaches. You will invariably get buyers who pay with PayPal AND want a discount at the same time. Either accept PayPal or don't; putting conditions on things just makes life complicated.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Thread Information