Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some advice.

Default Re: I need some advice.

The more you list the more chance you will get your items noticed and you never know what unusual things the buyers might be after. I would say go for it and stick it all on, after all it won't cost you anything apart from a little effort ! Good luck.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Whether one is in a hurry or not to sell, eBid is still a great place to list items for very little outlay. If one has invested a large amount of money in buying stock then they will have the acumen not to put all their eggs into one basket.

Well…that’s ok too…but tell me something ‘’Gill’’ of course if you can…example if you have let’s say a 1,000 items and you invested in that items already $10,000 or more own money and none of this can wait or you can give much time before pull out first own investing money and after that pull out profit finally…so…where you will listed that items…?

For ‘’Stock buying’’ if you example invested couple thousand $ a minimum where you will try to ‘’spread’’ this you’re money in baskets with growth and earn some of the money day to day or in baskets with mostly flat followed by slow growth…
    Of course before that you have information and can see clearly for each stock and both basket performance in the past 10 or more years…

eBid is the great place try to sell own items for anyone no questions about that and I agree…and is another questions for example: selling quick items…profits…traffic…bidding wars…and so on…

Thanks for reply ‘’Gill’’…

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    eBid is different - good items, underpriced, can hide here and not sell but, the advantage of listing here is that you can list things you don't expect to sell, set them to autorelist and wait at no cost

As you have signed up for seller+, you are serious so you need to read astral's page

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

several of Kimbo's lenses on squidoo

http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/bykimbo

and generally browse around the forums here for good advice.

Oh, and welcome!
    What Madelaine said. Oh and welcome from this side of the pond.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Live Free And Fly High, New Mexico, United States
    View CrazyJays's Feedback (+106)
    All-About CrazyJays
    View CrazyJays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steverearl View Post
    I have a lot of things that I need to sell and obviously looking to make as much money as possible. I have a mixture of things that I know will sell and some stuff I don't I guess what I'm asking is. Is it worth putting stuff that won't sell on here compared to stuff that I know will sell? Cheers Steve

If your in the UK Then The Answer Is YES ebid is good in the UK and SLOW in The USA for now...

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

The OP said they need to sell the stuff.

WelI t think we all fall into that category.
    We all wants sales or the space back.

As regards the UK v the USA. The USA has 5 times the population so sales should be better there, but I think there is more established opposition there.

Quote Originally Posted by steverearl View Post
    I have a lot of things that I need to sell and obviously looking to make as much money as possible. I have a mixture of things that I know will sell and some stuff I don't I guess what I'm asking is. Is it worth putting stuff that won't sell on here compared to stuff that I know will sell? Cheers Steve
    Kind of curious to know what you think won't sell.............

The thing to remember is your listing technique to gain exposure. The most fabulous item that everyone wants at a cheap price will NOT sell if its listed without keywords to enable the buyers to find it.

I did a bit of playing around a while ago (I think it was last month or 6 weeks ago) and had a go at getting other sellers items sold - items that had been on the eBid site for a very long time. In all those cases they were collectible items that there were active buyers searching for the items but would never have found them in a million years because multiple keywords were missing from the titles.

All those items are now sold................. there were bidding wars where bidding was available.

There are 1,000's of items on eBid that should have been sold a long time ago - but the buyers are not aware the seller even exists.

Keywords - think about what the buyer is likely to search for - keep them specific and relevant. With the eBid platform you have excellent google exposure - but that exposure is only useful if a buyer can find your item. There are too many sellers without any visibility because there keywords missing.

Gemstones need Gemstone in the title
    Fishing Lures - need Fishing Lure in the title
    Hamster Wheels - need Hamster Wheel in the title
    Comics - Comic

Those items that you think will not sell - as long as there is one buyer in the world who is searching for that item then it will sell, as long as the item has the corresponding keywords that the buyer is using searching for it.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

You never know what will sell and what wont. Add the most likely stuff first but then slowly work through adding the rest as well.

Welcome to Ebid, as other have said, if it's not listed it can't sell.

Do read up on the helpful threads suggested and take the advice given by Deanosaur, he is a regular seller and knows what he is talking about.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you back in the forums telling us of your success.

If somebody wants an item and you have it at the right price it will sell, all you need is for them to find it. Therefore deans advice is critical, keywords and Google are how to sell on eBid. Make sure you have the appropriate keywords in the title along with brand and barcode number and a Buy It Now price and you have a good chance of a sale.

As for items you think might be slow sellers, if you list them here there are no relisting fees, so if it takes a week or a year to sell you would have nothing to pay until a sale was made, unlike on eBay where you would possibly end up making a loss after paying regular relisting fees.

Thread Information