Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: having problems posting here and via contact us to report a problem ~ catch 22

Default having problems posting here and via contact us to report a problem ~ catch 22

Hope this works

having problems posting here and via contact us to report a problem regarding reset connection whilst previewing listings in edit ~ catch 22

obviously if this can be seen the fault is intermittent

any ideas?
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Default Re: having problems posting here and via contact us to report a problem ~ catch 22

Looks like this might have worked, so here is the full story:

Hello
    I am having three problems which I hope you can help with. I have to do this by email as I cannot contact you via the forum or the contact us button (i.e.generating a ticket)
    1 connection being reset when trying to preview in editing listing
    2 I am unable to report the above problem via the Website glitches forum (see detail below)
    3 I am unable to report the previous two problems via the "contact us" option i.e. getting a ticket issued.
    Here are the details
    First thing to mention is that I intended posting a message on the website glitches forum regarding a problem I am having, however I am also having problems posting on the forum.
    I will let you know about the main problem which regards Previewing listings, which need editing, before committing:
    Problem one
    I am currently revamping my listings and am unable to commit any changes as when pressing the "Preview Changes" button the browser hangs for about 30 seconds then : -

in Opera the message "Connection closed by remote server" is returned
    in Firefox the message "The connection was reset" is returned

I don't use any other browsers, so can't test the problem further than Firefox and opera.

This problem has been happening intermittently since (Tue 24th July 2012),
    A number of my listings have out of date info, so from a buyer's point of view it is important that I get these listings updated
    Problem number 2
    When I came to post this problem on the Website glitches forum, I found
    When I push the Preview Post button it greys out, the little hand pointer stays in place wherever I place the cursor, (maybe this is normal) however it seems to take it's time, then retruns the message
    "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters."
    - even though a full message was put in the box
    If I try to submit the message without previeing it I get a message
    "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved."
    with options to Leave Page or Stay on Page ( in Firefox - I don't have the time today to spend any more time testing this on Opera, though will at your request if you need me to.)
    I chose the Leave Page option, and was returned the message input screen again with a repeat of the message
    "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters."
    ...and so it goes round
    The third problem being that I can't report this via the ticket issuing system - again I get a connection reset page returned
    To recap, the main problem is being unable to edit my listing intermittently because of an apparent loss of connection, however I am also having the problem of being unable to report this by the usual means, i.e. forum or ticket issue
    Hope you can help.

Not sure what other info you need so please let me know what else you need to know.

Thanks
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: having problems posting here and via contact us to report a problem ~ catch 22

I would email support@eBid.net with this & direct them to your thread.
    Others may come along later and offer ideas.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

It looks to me like the problem is your internet connection.

Thousands of listings are being made every day or so.

Just do one at a time, until it comes right.

Thread Information