Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Need API For Developers Like Auctiva, Seller Source Book, Ink Frog, etc.

Forum Newbie
    View jawarrior's Feedback (+1570)
    All-About jawarrior
    View jawarrior's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Need API For Developers Like Auctiva, Seller Source Book, Ink Frog, etc.

I write all my Internet auctions using Seller Source Book (http://www.sellersourcebook.com/). SSB's system is great and affordable. They make it much easier to write multiple listings with sharp templates. Then, these listings can be launched directly from SSB to eBay and Bonanza. But, unfortunately, SSB cannot offer this all-in-one feature for eBid. SSB wants to offer it, but they say that eBid hasn't provided them with what is called an API, even though eBid said they were going to do that as far back as 2005.

I strongly believe that, if eBid provides developers with the necessary API, it will be a big business builder for sellers and eBid alike. I see SSB listings from other sellers everywhere on eBay all the time - along with sellers using Auctiva, Inkfrog and many others. eBay is profiting from this smart alliance with developers, and I hope eBid will seriously consider doing the same VERY soon. It can result in more auctions from even more sellers which will = more traffic which will = more sales which will = more profit for everyone.

I want to leave feeBay behind me for good. This change could go far toward generating more business right here on eBid, my new home!

Thanks!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Need API For Developers Like Auctiva, Seller Source Book, Ink Frog, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jawarrior View Post
    I write all my Internet auctions using Seller Source Book (http://www.sellersourcebook.com/). SSB's system is great and affordable. They make it much easier to write multiple listings with sharp templates. Then, these listings can be launched directly from SSB to eBay and Bonanza. But, unfortunately, SSB cannot offer this all-in-one feature for eBid. SSB wants to offer it, but they say that eBid hasn't provided them with what is called an API, even though eBid said they were going to do that as far back as 2005.

I strongly believe that, if eBid provides developers with the necessary API, it will be a big business builder for sellers and eBid alike. I see SSB listings from other sellers everywhere on eBay all the time - along with sellers using Auctiva, Inkfrog and many others. eBay is profiting from this smart alliance with developers, and I hope eBid will seriously consider doing the same VERY soon. It can result in more auctions from even more sellers which will = more traffic which will = more sales which will = more profit for everyone.

I want to leave feeBay behind me for good. This change could go far toward generating more business right here on eBid, my new home!

Thanks!
    It's already in development. Should be out this year, but it's been expected for a while so don't hold me to that.

Forum Newbie
    View jawarrior's Feedback (+1570)
    All-About jawarrior
    View jawarrior's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Need API For Developers Like Auctiva, Seller Source Book, Ink Frog, etc.

Kimbo,

SSB told me it has been in "development" since around 2005! That isn't a good sign.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jawarrior View Post
    Kimbo,

SSB told me it has been in "development" since around 2005! That isn't a good sign.
    I don't know who or what "SSB" is, but yes that's about right. But so's what I said - they've told us it's due out this year. But I'm starting to feel like I'm repeating myself.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't know who or what "SSB" is, but yes that's about right. But so's what I said - they've told us it's due out this year. But I'm starting to feel like I'm repeating myself.
    Maybe you need winding up

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Maybe you need winding up
    Hahaha... not exactly a world shortage of *that* around here.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Pardon? (ma'am)

Thread Information