eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feeBay rant - the place to buy expensive items!

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Why don't you ask them to drop the price if you think it's too expensive? I did that and got $5 off the postage of one item, just through asking and stating that if they did it the seller would get a definite sale.

Chances are they will drop the price to get the sale.

Being a refugee from feebay only a few weeks ago, I keep finding myself with too high of shipping charges.

I am more than happy to work with a buyer to make a sale. Sometimes all it takes is an offer or a gentle reminder that we can safely lower our shipping charges....old habits die hard!

Although, it goes back to the complete cost. The item plus shipping...is it worth it? If I charge 6 dollars for a 15 dollar item and 9 dollars to ship it...who cares?

But definately, do not be afraid to approach a seller with a request to review the shipping.

Although, it goes back to the complete cost. The item plus shipping...is it worth it? If I charge 6 dollars for a 15 dollar item and 9 dollars to ship it...who cares?
    Couldn't agree more !
    With my buyers hat on, I add the postage and item price and evaluate whether it's worth going on. Doesn't worry me whether the shipping is 10 quid and the price 1 or vice versa (etc.) As has been said though, no advantage in loading the postage here.
    Visit my eBid shop :-
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/evingartrading-store-1

Electronic components.
    Clock subsystems.
    The Biodiesel Manual - A guide to the home manufacture of Biodiesel.
    Power Supply Units (PSU's)
    Various electro mechanical assemblies.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz View Post
    I usually give them grief - send a question to seller asking why I would buy from them when it's cheaper in the shops with no postage added!
    I have questioned a few sellers about this and did get a couple of responses, one gave me some rubbish about barely breaking even on their price - well why would they even bother if that was the case?! Smells highly fishy to me, makes me wonder what actually goes through their minds when they list.. perhaps some people are just addicts to selling.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

most things are cheaper on here and its a more friendly place but there is the odd troll about.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Newbie
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View pussiboots's Feedback (+6)
    All-About pussiboots
    View pussiboots's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Re: feeBay rant - the place to buy expensive items!

Quote Originally Posted by heatemyfather View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this.. over the past few months or year the prices of items on there has gradually gone up and up, disproportionately to the seller fee rises, such that things can cost more than they do on the high street.

Take a DVD box set of The Mysterious Cities of Gold for example - in HMV today it was £46, from HMV online it's 39.99 with free postage (same from Amazon); ONE seller on feeBay had a Mysterious Cities of Gold dvd box set, but I think it was perhaps a foreign import or not the same edition at least as the picture was not the same, it was £58 with the postage. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could go and buy one from HMV online and sell it cheaper than this, and still make a handsome profit! Just crazy, and I don't understand why anyone would be stupid enough to buy from someone like that.

Sorry for the rant!
    I've recently queried a price on something that is approx £6 - just under 30% - cheaper on sellers feebay site. Wanted to buy thro eBid because I want to support this site. Their reply sounds good - that says it is a mistake on feebay and they will raise the feebay price - Shame that's turned out to be untrue they haven't changed a thing..........

Default Re: feeBay rant - the place to buy expensive items!

Crickey, a 3 year old thread.

But I have been in buy mode this week, mainly DVD's

I have shopped around and bought from several sites, and on 1 I saved over £20.00 and on others I saved between 30p and £8.

Not 1 item was purchased on the river or the bay. Spent £50+ though.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

all sellers want telling about there postage if its excessive.

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View Darthmatt's Feedback (+45)
    All-About Darthmatt
    View Darthmatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

When i started, I went to the royal mail site and printed the postage prices list. Then i added enough to cover P+P and wrote that in next to it. Now each time i list an item i just weigh it and check the chart. Had a few which the post office have marked as large letter instead of small packet, so when i get home I just log paypal and refund the difference.
    Just realised i needed to mod my old signature. No set categories yet, but i'll work on that now i am back and update as able
    --------
    Link to my old account for reference.
    Togsforall [/center]

Thread Information