I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe we are used to stating the day first and the month second whereas you good US people seem to prefer to state the month first and the day second?
    Not that I am objecting to being backwards - my parents always said I was backwards at coming forwards - but they also realised it can be an asset rather than a hindrance! Hello America !

Forum Newbie
    View judenella's Feedback (+12)
    All-About judenella
    View judenella's Listings
    Forum Posts

MPS16 I agree entirely with you. If they (RM) are not going to give you what you are paying for then they should not be charging for that service.
    Raindropsies I agree entirely with you. With Airsure you do not get a lot for the extra £4.90 fee. My buyer wanted the item urgently so I thought that the possibility of up to one day faster than ordinary airmail was worth it. I certainly would not normally choose to use it.
    TexasAda I agree entirely with you - well almost (can't be too agreeable can I). Us Brits would say that it is you that put dates the wrong way round.

Domestic or international, mail service just seems to be slow all around! I live in Ottawa, and I sent a couple of regular letters to Toronto last week. Neither letter has reached its destination after more than a week. It shouldn't take more than 3 business days. Ottawa and Toronto are fierce rivals in professional hockey, and I am really hoping my letters were not intercepted at the post office by a frustrated Ottawa Senators fan trying to stop anything going to the home of the hated Leafs...

Everything I mail these days seems to be taking 50% longer to get where it is going.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cheaver is right. I still have to double think the date thing.
    Feb 14 in UK = 14/2/2011
    Feb 14 in US = 2/14/2011
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dates confuse me, too - when I can get any, that is.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to admit the English way of stating dates might have some logic: day of the month, month, year: smaller unit to larger unit. But it is difficult to unlearn habits of decades.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...800088#1600085

North America (USA & Canada)
    USA
    Start date: 18th November 2010
    End date: Ongoing

Update 15th February 2011:

The United States Department of Homeland Security is continuing to require increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, some mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including ships and cargo planes.

Most items, including personal letters and cards, magazines, CDs, DVDs and lightweight packets, will be delivered in the US within a few days of posting. However, there are delays of about two weeks for some heavier packets. These delays are currently affecting stamped items, franked items, and items posted under contract, with the exception of Destination Sort and/or M-Bag items.

Royal Mail is very sorry for these unavoidable delays. We have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...800088#1600085

North America (USA & Canada)
    USA
    Start date: 18th November 2010
    End date: Ongoing

Update 15th February 2011:

The United States Department of Homeland Security is continuing to require increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, some mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including ships and cargo planes.

Most items, including personal letters and cards, magazines, CDs, DVDs and lightweight packets, will be delivered in the US within a few days of posting. However, there are delays of about two weeks for some heavier packets. These delays are currently affecting stamped items, franked items, and items posted under contract, with the exception of Destination Sort and/or M-Bag items.

Royal Mail is very sorry for these unavoidable delays. We have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations.
    I am still waiting for a buyer to contact me regarding a parcel I posted on 8th Feb to the USA. Not only am I concerned that it will remain in the postal ether for ever, but that it was a treasured item, had been in my family for a long time, passed on to me, and now going to hopefully enjoy a new life in the States. I do hope it arrives safely.

When things remain in the postal system for a long time, there is always the risk of damage despite how well we wrap things.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

am still waiting for a buyer to contact me regarding a parcel I posted on 8th Feb to the USA]
    I purchased two separate items, separate sellers, around the end of December, and they arrived mid-February....YIKES!! Around the end of January we all three agreed they were "history".......and then one day both packages showed up......go figure! So hang tough, all is not lost...........YET!!
    Last edited by iwiw60; 28th February 2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: fix text

Thread Information